Login

Henry Olonga end of year sale

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga end of year sale

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Dagovitsj,
Not sure if you have purchased already but if not, I would go with the 44.1 kHz library for convenience sake. Working at 44.1 khz the 96khz version would give you more high end and better tansient response but will not use any more CPU. That's the main difference at a glance.
Take care
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks Henry!
Not sure if I get it: seems like I get both - more high end and better transient response, and not more strain on my cpu when going for 96 kHz libs. So what do you mean by "I would go with the 44.1 kHz libr for convenience sake"? Seems to me that 96 kHz is a better choice - and the price difference is not the questions when it's so cheap ;)

The difference is 8 GB for 44.1 kHz and 25 GB for 96 kHz. Is that what you mean, i.e. the 44.1 kHz library doesn't eat up that much harddrive space?

I'm going to use NebulaMan to render my wav files with your and other 3rd party developers libs. And I reckon there will be a combination of 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz libs in that chain inside NebulaMan (hope that is possible, haven't checked though!) - but I will render to 44.1 kHz from NebulaMan.

Best
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWAN » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:19 pm

wow - I could be wrong but this seems like an incredible sale...

every Nebula user should be aware of this surely?

need KVR and Gearslutz posts...

problem is it seems nuts to spend money when I dont even have Nebula installed on my current system - due to lack of 64bit AU...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Dagovitsj,
The inconvenience of sample rate conversion during loading is too much for some. Also the library size. If you have to wait every time you load an instance it can get tired and some people get annoyed by it. From a quality point of view, the higher the sample rate, the better the definition. For future proofing - get the 96khz conversion. If you switch sample rates often and want convenient loading times - get both.
So to be clear - for me it's all about a couple of things. CPU is not the issue. Space and loading times vs quality - you can determine what matters most to you.
Cheers
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Swan,
I did have a GS post but I got given one of those silly warnings. It was a groups buy/bundle sale item etc and needed to go in the special section so they said. Fair enough but after that I couldn't be bothered really..... :?
But yes - your point is a good one. I think it is a nice deal. ;)

I am working on my own stuff in the coming months - albums I mean, but will sample intermittently. I want to offer even better value soon as I may have a shift in focus as I record my own projects more and sample less. I have to get a bit more stable, this struggling musician thing sucks..... :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:52 am

OK I just picked up the all-you-can-eat 96KHz version since I work at 48KHz but don't want to spare the quality. Thanks for the discussion on that as well as the generous sale Henry. It does take a while to dl as stated. :D
kylen

Postby andiw » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey Henry,

I bought the 96kHz package and I don't really know what's included.

Could you provide a zip file of all manuals and/or a dictionary file of everything?

While I feel good that I donated some money I don't know what I bought and therefore it's hard to use it in my mixes ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby kylen » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:54 pm

What's the secret to unzipping these babies?
I download, file size on disk says 6,144,000KB, I use 7zip or Windows unzipper, put in password. I either get a corrupt msg or not an archive.

Secret Please?
:geek:
EDIT1: I'm downloading the 96KHz files
EDIT2: Finally downloaded all 5 of the 96KHz files (multipart download) and unzipped (using WinZip) the correct file instead of trying to unzip individually, thanks to Henry's sales support (also see Henry's post down 2 posts).
Last edited by kylen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
kylen

Postby theau » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 pm

I had some pb unzipping as well. I tried many. I think stuffit expander worked great. Winzip does the job too.

Kind regards,

Tristan
theau
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Winzip on Windows. Unarchiver on Mac seems to be good.Unless the download was corrupted of course.
Okay HOs quick guide for unzipping.
First download one of the recommended programs above.

1) Copy the password carefully without any space at the end.

2) Using your archive utility, simply unzip as usual by pasting the password when prompted. If it is the multi part download - unzip only the zip file - not the parts.

3) If you have any problems using the right click context menu - open the program and use the program's menus to extract. Still have problems - drag and drop from within the program to your folder of choice. You will be asked for the password. Any problems with files will become clear at this point as you will get some kind of notice if there is a problem.

Failing all this - e-mail me at sales ( at ) nebulapresets.com

Andiw. Of course I would love for you to know what you have purchased. Let me start by saying I believe that it is a high quality pack that you can take a while to figure out. Most folk will find they use just a fraction of it. You could browse the website and there is a lot of info there with all product listings and a brief description. The naming convention in Nebula often gives the names away as well so a novice can be up to speed quite quickly if they know what desirable sound they want. Normally just spending a few hours loading stuff can be very helpful.

I have a 1 gig download of most of the manuals which will be my pleasure to give you but my manuals are not in depth as most of my samplings are presets. All you might learn is the category structure really. Mics, preamps, amps, mojo settings are so simple in use I don't really think it warrants manuals IMHO. It's all in the ears after all. Its not that I don't think a manual is helpful. It's just tedious for me. It took me three days to do the Elite pro manual. I am not a fast typer and imagine doing an in depth manual for all my products - over 200 now. I wouldn't get anything else done LOL.

Let me know if you still want the manuals I can e-mail a link.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries