Login

Bawling Brat Filter FX, cupwise release

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Bawling Brat Filter FX, cupwise release

Postby Cupwise » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 am

new set with a lot of filter effects in it. i think it can do pretty smooth sweeps. i think if used creatively there could be plenty of uses for the stuff in it. you can mix dry signal back in, and in some cases it actually gives you a notch (due to phase differences), but with just the right touch you can get subtle results that just give a bit of color to whatever you run through them. on the other hand, you can keep it fully wet and even add feedback to get extreme FX.

3 different vectors/sample sets which were sampled from 4 pieces. more detail about this at the site. but for each of the 3 'root' effects, i've got options for 7 of neb's LFO shapes available, and those can give very different results. then there are the envelope follower programs, and i put plenty of effort into making those unique and with several options also. last there are manual programs which you can automate yourself or use your DAW's modulation sources if you'd prefer. one cool idea there would be if your DAW has envelope generators, you could run a vsti synth through one of these programs, and use your daw to generate envelopes during each note played by the synth, and with more complex mod routing maybe even have a bit of key control, to get very organic results.

no demo programs up yet but i'll get started on them soon and they shouldn't take too long. the audio clips are there and i think they should give you a pretty good idea. like i said before, keep in mind that you can always dial in some dry signal to make these things more subtle (than what you hear in many of the clips), or less/no dry and maybe add feedback for stronger effects. most of the LFO clips at the site are in a kind of middle ground between the two extremes, with some leaning more in either direction.

http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-bawling-brat-filter-fx/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Bawling Brat Filter FX, cupwise release

Postby emilieitor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:02 pm

THANK YOU!! I´ll buy you it. It´s just I need for the guitar solos. This wah wah emulation was necessary in the Nebula stuff.

Have you thought about make a Nebula library of Roland RE-201 or distorsion pedal tones (Boss DS-1, Proco Rat, Big Muff, Ibanez Tubeskreamer, ...)
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:28 pm

yeah i've thought about other things. the distortion stuff, sadly, i don't think nebula is ever going to be able to do. at least, it would take some major changes/improvements to the engine. i have some other things kind of like this release in the works.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 pm

emilieitor wrote:THANK YOU!! I´ll buy you it. It´s just I need for the guitar solos. This wah wah emulation was necessary in the Nebula stuff.

Have you thought about make a Nebula library of Roland RE-201 or distorsion pedal tones (Boss DS-1, Proco Rat, Big Muff, Ibanez Tubeskreamer, ...)

Hey. This is indeed a very cool release for Nebula, but in my opinion, you should look at this collection as more of a very cool collection of filters and fx, and less of a guitar-oriented wah pedal emulation. It IS possible to get very awesome wah for guitar with this (I did the guitar clips), but if you own and use a hardware pedal, this is not the same. Not worse, just not the same. I have been using these as crazy filters and subtle fx, and it is very very creative and amazing. But like I said, don't expect this to replace your wah pedal. Go crazy with this set and have fun!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Formbank » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 pm

The demos are pretty informative, but I'm looking forward to a demo program.

I've been asking for a nebula wah for some time, so if it can do the Michael Schenker fixed frequency wah-tone that will do for me !
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 am

Formbank wrote:The demos are pretty informative, but I'm looking forward to a demo program.

I've been asking for a nebula wah for some time, so if it can do the Michael Schenker fixed frequency wah-tone that will do for me !

It can definitely do many fixed frequency tones, as well as tons of cool sweeping fx. I just got done using this on a synth part, I think I just sparked a few days of fun experimenting......
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 am

yeah, i think you can get some pretty good sounding wah results with these things, but you aren't going to have the synergy that you have with a real pedal while playing the guitar, obviously. just like if you get a console program, you don't actually have a console. the physical part of it's just not there. and with a wah pedal that's a pretty big part of a performance using a wah. that said i think these programs are just as representative of the actual sound characteristics of the hardware, as a preamp/console/etc program is of their respective hardware. so it's not a physical wah pedal. but then you have the lfo/envelope followers and whatever other modulation ability your DAW might have, which is stuff a real pedal can't do. and i think opens it to a bigger area of possible usefulness, especially with stuff like vsti synths.

anyway, the demo programs are up, and while a lot of options are left out, you get the full filter range and sweeping ability of the first of the 3 sampled filter/wah effects. like i said, lots of options/features are left out, as explained in the txt that comes with the demo programs, but it's still pretty fleshed out for a demo...

you CAN do the fixed filter thing with the demos. read the txt to see how.

check the site to grab it
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:38 pm

And in typical Cupwise class and grace...... Now there is a free and very functional demo program to try. Yup, like both of have said now, this is awesome for vsti synths, it's giving me new "voices" for otherwise simple plugins. I am just beginning to explore this set.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Formbank » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:16 pm

This is indeed a great release.

It's been so long since I've used a wah that I forgot that (for me) a wah works better before overdrive/distortion. Once I'd re-arranged my set-up with Guitar Rig after this library and a Olonga amp after that, to smooth things off (more on these Olonga amps later), I got a great sound.

Loads of options here, even similar sounds to my old Boss T-wah stompbox. The envelope follower programs work very well in particular. The manual fixed frequency tones are spot on too !
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Formbank » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Here's a video I made I'm using an 'auto-wah' type sound from the library. It's very sensitive to dynamics - as I've tried to show.
(Preset = 'Wah2 EVF-forward C').

http://youtu.be/Ok2WytmrTJA
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Return to 3rd party libraries