Login

160A COMPRESSOR Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 160A COMPRESSOR Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby jpchartrand » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:56 pm

jorismak wrote:So you wonder if there actually is some depth captured if you only use the compressor program?

I don't think so. He stated in the first post of this thread that for authenticity you need both .

I wonder how that's possible. When they sample gear, doesn't the signal go through the entire signal path?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWAN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:46 pm

jpchartrand wrote:
jorismak wrote:So you wonder if there actually is some depth captured if you only use the compressor program?

I don't think so. He stated in the first post of this thread that for authenticity you need both .

I wonder how that's possible. When they sample gear, doesn't the signal go through the entire signal path?

I was wondering the same thing then I realised dont they use different kernal lengths and other things about compressor captures which dont grab so much of the tonality? which explains why you sort of need both even though it goes thru with the compressor...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 pm

So they can actually sample the compression process without any of the hardware tone?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SpliffSplaff » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Uhmm...either im blind....but where is the buy button for the preamp Collection??

Got it...little Bit complicated.
SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jorismak » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:42 pm

It depends what NAT analyses I guess.

Just a disclaimer: I know nothing of this for sure. Unless a dev and/or Acustica explains it's guessing :).

But NAT can ofcourse look at just the volume changes between input and output of the test tone to capture just 'compression'. And THD is NAT3's special trick. It's kinda easy to drop a lot of the 'depth' of the sound NAT captures by just forcing it to just one kernel. You get just EQ + compression then I guess. (Volume changes and frequency response of the capture).

There is a reason you must select a profile in NAT to specify what you want to capture. I guess (once more, to be sure: I guess) that if they always can capture everything in one go (harmonic distortion, frequency response and dynamics) NAT wouldn't need presets, it would need just a start-capture button :).

Most if not all Nebula compressors I tried have a 'line amp' or 'no compression' program, and I think just for this reason: that program captures some analog flavour of the device, while the compression programs capture the frequency response + dynamics.
jorismak

Postby mtalavera » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:15 pm

So of you bought both the Preamp and the Compressor collection together, would you still need another compressor plugin, or would these two together work as a compressor?

The manual for the Preamp collection states, "I also highly recommend using this with any of your favorite non-Nebula Pro software compressors that have a VCA-style process, as it adds a pleasant harmonic texture even when combined with other brands." But would the Compressor collection take the place of the "non-Nebula Pro software compressor" mentioned?

I think I'm going to pick up both of these for sure, just wondering if I need to also pair them with another software compressor.
mtalavera

Postby SWANG » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:35 pm

if you buy only the preamp collection, you would pair it with algo 160a emulation plugin. if you buy both the preamp and the compressor libraries, you'd use them both without the algo.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jpchartrand » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:32 am

I'm sold I'm buying this. Will try it on drums and report back.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby kylen » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:53 pm

filbula wrote:...for me it is the same.

I can see the D*x libraries only via the links in the forum or from the emails I have received from michael.

the same happens with some other products from cdsm.

Yes it seems there have been some changes over on the cdsoundmasters.com site - I had been using the 'Program Libraries' link to navigate to all the plugins: http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... tware.html. Doing a google search or 'site:' search would bring up the 160 preamp but not the comp. Some older links I received for products now point somewhere else...we're getting lost out here Michael! :)
kylen

Postby SWANG » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:58 pm

i spoke to michael via email yesterday. he indicated he's working on many new things, and as a result, some things on his to-do list have fallen through the cracks. i'm sure he'll update the site soon...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries