Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Gemini Audio UAQ Released!!!

Postby Gemini Audio » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Gemini Audio UAQ Released!!

- UAQ is a Equalizer Library for Acustica Audio Nebula3

- Instant Download

- 96kHz, 88,2kHz, 48kHz and 44.1kHz versions

- Highest quality sampling with full dynamic layers, like preamp style libraries.

- Also includes 10 Kernel Low Shelf and High Shelf Combos, with interpolation. (All frequency and gain settings in one program)

- Includes 10 Kenel programs

- Includes Clean versions of all programs (No harmonic distortion)

- All programs use a hybrid of the TIMED and the FREQD engine.

- Consists of 500 programs

- Libraby size 3.7GB

- To download the Demo, please click here: UAQ Demo (For Nebula3 Free 1.3.600 or higher

About the original hardware

This library is based on the equalizer which is part of a well known tube channelstrip. It has been used on many recordings from the 60ies as part of a legendary console and has a very characterfull and rich vintage sound. It features a Low Shelf and a High Shelf band.

The sampling process

The equalizer has been carefully sampled at 96kHz, using top notch mastering converters, and high quality cables with levels carefully calibrated and matched to provide the highest quality. No destructive digital processing like normalization was used. The all other sampler ates programs where converted using one of the best SRC.

Audio characteristics and features.

This equalizer features a low shelf and high shelf band. It is great for enhancing sounds and making them sound bigger, more focussed etc. It is very characterful and vintage sounding.
This library features a rich and warm tube sound. It is adding beautiful tube harmonics which all sorts of sources like vocals, strings, bass, drums, guitars, and classic instruments like flutes and harps will benefit from.

Gemini Audio
Last edited by Gemini Audio on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Gemini Audio UAQ Released!!!

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm

I can't believe people are not checking this out......
This is an outstanding EQ library, and as far as I know, the first library of this piece of hardware! As Nebula users we have grown used to multiple libraries of similar units (How many Pultecs and Neves do we have???), so the fact that this is a first is a big deal to me.
Gemini Audio has proven to be a very progressive new developer of some mighty fine libraries. Other than the N**e, every library is a one-of-a-kind for Nebula. This EQ, while "only" being a shelving EQ, is extremely versatile and sweet. It is set up as multiple fixed presets (not tweakable gain and frequency parameters), but includes high and low combo presets and "preamps" for color. I am assuming the fixed presets were used to maintain the authenticity of the hardware that has stepped dials (I have used this hardware unit before, but never owned one, so I am relying on memory). If you are new to Nebula, not having a tweakably instance may bother you, but if you have already adapted to the Nebula work-flow, this should not be any different for you than previewing preamps or reverb presets.
The bottom line is that it is a very useful and colorful library. I may not use it for mastering, it is not "transparent" in the least. But if I really want transparent EQ in digital audio, I have a plethora of algorithmic EQ's to use. This is an EQ to grab to beef up the low end of a synth or bass to knock someone on their butt, or to sweeten the top end of a soaring lead guitar. I have been using this all over my current project, I will try to post some audio soon. But until then, either buy this at the crazy-low price, or at least grab the FREE FREE FREE demo!!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Gemini Audio » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 pm

The library includes the fixed presets (One preset per frequency and gain) not only because the hardware is stepped this way, but also because it has been sampled in a way which gives you the best authenticity. But the combos are also included, which contain all frequency and gain settings in one preset, and allow you to freely tweak the frequency and gain using interpolation, like most of the eq libraries for nebula.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Metalblast » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 pm

good work- good sound !
the Line Amp blow me away :o
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Return to 3rd party libraries