Login

Looking for recommendations on libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Looking for recommendations on libraries

Postby jkervin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Hey guys,

So I've got quite a few EQ's, Consoles, and Compressors and I'm very happy with them all. The two things I don't really have are tubes and reverbs. What are your favorites? I was leaning towards AITB's E.A.R or Phonocamptica. I know Henry has some Briscati presets out, but I haven't tried them. For tubes I was thinking the CDS stuff. Thoughts??

Thanks!
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Looking for recommendations on libraries

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 pm

TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I think EAR Is fabulous. Really, really great sounding reverbs and it's a very versatile library when you have all 4 parts.

VNXT EMT is a total must have. Cupwise's Custom Plate is very nice too but it's much darker than the EMT so I use it less. But it's a case of preferring one hardware over the other not having anything to do with the quality of the library. And Cupwise's plate has some rather unique controls that make it very useable.

For tubes, CDSM all the way. I own the unit he sampled for the Tube library and it's a great sounding circuit.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

I agree with mgarjuna about CDSoundMaster all the way for tubes. I have their Vintage Tube Collection and the Tube Booster and they do fantastic things. They are a bit overwhelming because there are so many options, but I think that is a good problem to have :)

I also have Transcending Music VCult. This is classified technically more as a distortion box, but it gives a different weight to tracks when used subtly I have found. Also a good option to have after you get the CDSoundMaster libraries.
mtalavera

Postby musicgreator » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 am

For tube saturation you might want to check out Gemini Audio's G610 and KultComp Tube. Both include different degrees of distortion, from clean to heavily distorted. Great for adding thickness and warmth.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jkervin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much for the input, guys!!!

:D
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Return to 3rd party libraries