Login

Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release- Creamy 660 Comp/Limiter set

Postby richie43 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 am

RJHollins wrote:Will do a late nite purchase when I get back.
Haven't played too much with the comp/limit function of this library ... but just passing a 2-mix through it [with the MFC] is very nice.

More comments when I get the whole package.

Thanks

This library is definitely worth having. I quit using any of the algo "Fairchild" plugins after getting this. And having the "pass-through" presets, and the different configurations of them, is like an awesome bonus to an already awesome library.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby starfugger » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:47 am

hi. will this work on osx 64 bit? thanks.
Mac Pro OSX 10.9.3
8-core, stock 6GB memory
Cubase 7.5 64-bit
Nebula 3 Server
starfugger
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:52 am

Just bought the commercial release tonite. The purchase, download, and install was effortless. Performed the 2 edits in the XML file.

A little worn out after a nice gig tonite ... tomorrow I looked to really checking this out.

Thanks Guys!
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby starfugger » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

what is the xml edit? are you on a 64 bit DAW, OSX? sorry just have to ask because my last purchase only works on 32 bit on osx.
Mac Pro OSX 10.9.3
8-core, stock 6GB memory
Cubase 7.5 64-bit
Nebula 3 Server
starfugger
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 am

starfugger wrote:what is the xml edit? are you on a 64 bit DAW, OSX? sorry just have to ask because my last purchase only works on 32 bit on osx.

Hi starfugger,

The XML edits are mentioned in the 660 manual. They allow for larger settings of the LTIMED and LOOKAHEAD
values for the compressor.

These have nothing to do with 32/64 compatiability.

I saw the Massive/Passive thread on this. I run 32-bit PC. I think they are working on the protection routines for OSX-64. They'll get it I'm sure. Just tough to be patient [particularly when it comes to such a great equalizer .... I can feel the pain :| ]
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby starfugger » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:22 am

purchased anyway. crossing fingers that it would work beautifully. read the xml parts of the manual too. :)
Mac Pro OSX 10.9.3
8-core, stock 6GB memory
Cubase 7.5 64-bit
Nebula 3 Server
starfugger
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Cupwise » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 pm

UPDATE-
major new update released. if you own the full set you should've got an email announcement and links to the updated zip archives. if you purchased one of the split parts of the set (when i had available a part A and part B with each one being half of the full set), you'll have to wait a bit for me to email you the links. maybe a day or two. if you got the full set and didnt get the links contact me through the contact form at my site please! oh and be patient, it may take me a little while to get back to you.

i want to paste the changes/updates/fixes from the updates .txt included with the zip here, in case anyone wants to discuss any of these, so here they are. there are a lot and i think at this point i can honestly say i spent about as much time on this update as i did doing the original set!
--------------------------------------------------

general changes to the set:

* one big change that's really just cosmetic is the name change. I think I regretted the name 'creamy 660' right after I released the thing. It's not a big deal but I just don't like it, so it's now just called C660.

* i formerly offered the set split into two parts, A and B. now i don't. so if you bought either just A or B and ever want the other part, you'll have to contact me via email through my website, to directly request it, and i can set that up. the cost will be the same as you paid for the part you have.

here's a list of all or at least most of the things which have been updated, for the compressors:

* the release behavior/shape has been completely redone using a few things i learned while doing the flucti-mew comp, including the fixing of a small bug with how i had it working. i feel the release is a lot closer to 'authentic' now, and just better. i went through and extensively improved the program dependent release behavior. this is probably the most important improvement.

* attack behavior/shape has been improved.

* there was a bug (not a nebula thing but a bug in my own program setup) that caused harmonics to be too loud. now it's fixed.

* fixed the dry control so that it actually works! previously it did nothing.

* adjusted the scaling of the 2nd threshold control for the 'comp' programs (the lim and combo1 and 2 remain the same). just means that the sampled positions on the control were moved around a little bit, but they're all still there and available, just in slightly different positions than they were.

* the impulses were re-built from the original tone sweeps. this allowed me to do some things and correct a few things that i think were a bit buggy with the impulses.

* combo 2 programs were introducing a DC offset in many combinations of thresh1/thresh2 settings. now fixed.

* sample count reduced in all compressor programs. i just spent more time this time around, weeding out samples where the impulses were below the noise floor (this is very tedious to do). i'm talking about the impulses for the harmonics. for the lower dynamic steps there are often samples where there just isn't anything there besides noise, especially as you go up to higher harmonic orders. removing these allows programs to load faster and take up less RAM and disc space, and nothing is lost from the model.

* fixed major bug with the 'limiter' programs' release, where it was always really slow. that wasn't intended, that program is supposed to have the same attack/release behavior as the others. now it does.

* reduced range of the hipass control for the sidechain filter down from 0-5khz to 0-1khz. i don't see any reason for it to go up to 5khz ever (so i'm not sure why i set it to go that high in the first place), and reducing the range means more of the range you'd actually be likely to use is on the span of the control so it's easier to fine adjust it where you want it exactly (if you need it).

* changed sidechain hipass filter from 6pole to 2pole, because i think it usually sounds better to have a smoother roll off.

* previously, when there wasn't compression due to the threshold(s) not being exceeded by the input level, the output would sometimes erratically fluctuate in level a little. fixed.

* the sampled positions on the 'thresh2' control have had their levels rebalanced, relative to each other, for a more consistent presentation. now you shouldn't get compression with both thresh controls at their maximum positions, with the exception of the combo1 programs where there is always a small amount of compression with thresh2 maxed out (but not at it's minimum position), due to how that program was sampled with more input drive and how soft the knee on the hardware is.

* added some feedback into the detection path of the main comps, gives results more like the hardware.

list of updates for the pass-through programs:

* sample counts were reduced, weeding out more of the upper harmonic samples where the impulses were non-existent, as done with the comps.

* some damaged samples in the upper dynamic steps were removed, mainly from the 76 overdrive program.

* and the most major and important fix with the pass-throughs is that the compression was removed from these programs/vectors! there's a lot i could say about this, but the bottom line is that this is how these programs were supposed to be, and i was (very) wrong in the original release manual when i said that they were 'sampled without any compression', as i'm sure most of you quickly learned when you actually tried the programs. that was an honest mistake on my part, even if i'm not sure how that slipped past me.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set

Postby drezz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Great news. Downloading now, looking forward to hear it! :D
drezz

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:35 pm

drezz wrote:Great news. Downloading now, looking forward to hear it! :D

tell us as fast as you can about the update on how it sounds and behave :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby martin87spencer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Tim

You say you didn't like the name Creamy but this update is even Creamier !!
Beautifully smooth action and sound.
Thanks for all of the work that you put into this update.
Cheers
martin87spencer
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries