Login

Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!

Postby richie43 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Cupwise wrote:
richie43 wrote:Ok thanks....so in YOUR NEBULA version, which threshold is the one that behaves more like a "normal" threshold and which is the "knee"?

aha! good question! and this is precisely why i swapped which was which.

in my programs the thresh1 is the one that's more like a normal threshold, on the hardware its the 2nd one. i wanted it to be the first one so i swapped them. the 2nd one (on my programs) seems to do something like a combination of adjusting the knee and maybe somehow changing the ratio. but i can't really be certain exactly what all it's doing.

Awesome, thanks!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby himhui » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:57 am

Tim, thanks for the upgrade!!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:32 am

Thanks for the update !

Look forward to checking tonite.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:06 pm

How amazing... thank you for making such huge overhaul available as a free update to existing users (!)..

Quite a generous move considering how extensive the changes are & that it took nearly the same amount of time & effort to create this update as making the original library (!)..

I look forward to exploring this revamped model - the orig version was still one of the best compressors I've heard in nebula so far...

Thanks again - much appreciated!
RE301

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:41 pm

I've had more time with the update....It seems like more than an update. I liked the first version, but before I knew any specifics of any possible issues, there were a few things that never "felt" right about it when using it (for me), so eventually I stopped using it even though I loved the tone of it....Whatever problems I had with it are gone with this update. I spent about 6 hours yesterday and late last night using it on many many sources, and it soars.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Good to hear ... thanks Richie, as I had similar experience. I was slowly using it just for the tone ...
Now to check this update.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:25 am

yeah i think partly what happened with the original release was that i spent a ton of time adjusting the release so it would be just right but then after making all of those adjustments i did something else that threw those adjustments off, and kind of broke the release a bit by just putting the timings and program dependency of it out of wack. i only just noticed it a few months ago and decided i needed to fix it. i think that is where the biggest difference in the sound comes from.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:37 am

Cupwise wrote:yeah i think partly what happened with the original release was that i spent a ton of time adjusting the release so it would be just right but then after making all of those adjustments i did something else that threw those adjustments off, and kind of broke the release a bit by just putting the timings and program dependency of it out of wack. i only just noticed it a few months ago and decided i needed to fix it. i think that is where the biggest difference in the sound comes from.

Well worth the wait (for me). I'm loving it.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby garrick » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:31 am

I kinda like that no one knows exactly what the second theshold is doing, just lower than half way seems to be a sweet spot for me. Look forward to trying the update.

The super high quality programs are well worth the time to render, just make a cup of tea and it's done.
garrick
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RE301 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Sounds great!!

Thanks again for the update! :-)
RE301

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries