Login

Cupwise release- C660 Comp/Limiter set - huge V2 update!!!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release- Creamy 660 Comp/Limiter set

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Why i can't enter your website?I can't download.
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Cupwise » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Tunca Küçük wrote:Why i can't enter your website?I can't download.
hmm no idea. but the link i posted goes straight to the file. you don't need to enter the website.
it's working for me right now. the link and the site. anyone else having problems?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby martin87spencer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Come on Tim, let's have it !!!
There are quite a few of us here with our fingers on the PayPal trigger !!!
martin87spencer
User Level II
User Level II

Postby harmonik » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 pm

martin87spencer wrote:Come on Tim, let's have it !!!
There are quite a few of us here with our fingers on the PayPal trigger !!!

Maybe he's just trying out a little Slate style coming-soon-real-soon-we're-so-close-almost-there-any-day-now-hopefully-really-really-soon marketing hype. 8-) If that were the case we'd just be getting started.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Cupwise » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:41 pm

i have considered that marketing strategy after seeing a couple high-profile developer threads like that (can't remember the devs, seemed like one was cytomic). it seemed to help them get a lot of attention/hype built up before releases that way, and threads that just keep going and going. heh but i dont think that'd quite work out for me like that, although maybe i am using that strategy on a smaller scale ;)

but what happens is that i dont really have set plans or dates for when to do this or that. i have problems come up that i dont know when i can solve them, etc. so i just work until something is done, then i want to release it as soon as possible and start getting antsy. but after it's done there's all this other work that still needs to be done and for me that's really annoying. i have to set up audio demos, write the manual, do the page at my site, some final testing, etc etc etc, so sometimes i feel like just getting something out there to get some interest in the thing before i actually release.

plus i think with the last comp i had a fairly bad bug or two that i didn't catch before release and i had to scramble to get an update out quick, so i really want to go through and double/triple check everything this time, and maybe even releasing the demo before release can act as a sort of 'beta testing' to see if anyone catches any bugs in that... but i'm really thinking that i'll have this thing up later today.. my next post in this thread should be the announcement, unless something totally unexpected comes up.
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby myimo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:24 am

Hi I tried the demo but couldn't hear any difference except for volume when altering threshold.
I don't even know if the compressor xml file I have copied the
following off is actually active or if the creamy 660 demo is accessing just my regular nebula reverb xml where the only mods I have made is to <timed> which is now 100000.
This comes from the neb comp xml found in C:\Vstplugins\acustica

<PROGRAMRATE> 100 </PROGRAMRATE>
<EXPORTAUDIOQUALITY> 1 </EXPORTAUDIOQUALITY>
<FORCEOFFSET> 1500 </FORCEOFFSET>
<LTIMED> 10000 </LTIMED>
<LFREQD> 20000 </LFREQD>
do I have to change anything on this neb comp xml and how do I make sure the creamy 660 demo is actually using this xml
Thanks
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:35 am

hmmm ... the 'delay tactic' for marketing ...

Maybe that's what the thought was with my project development ... it was NOT intentional by any means. I think it just comes down to eking out the very best you can do something, and not accepting below your own expectations.

Anyway ... I respect the work you put into your releases Tim [as so many here do]. Pushing the envelope is never the safe, easy way. For the brave and dedicated, push until it breaks can open new possibilities and understanding. It can also move the completion of a project off the schedule map :|

So what ... in the long goal, everyone benefits 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:11 am

myimo wrote:do I have to change anything on this neb comp xml and how do I make sure the creamy 660 demo is actually using this xml
Thanks

hmm ok i forgot to mention anything about this in the txt with the demo i guess. there are a couple of 'mods' you need to make but only if you want to use the SHQ program and if you want to be able to get a full 10ms with the look-ahead control. besides that i'd say its probably best if you have an unmodded xml just because that's the type of xml setup i used to design these things and what i know they work correctly on.

you just make sure that you load the nebula.dll that matches the .xml that you edited, to make sure you are loading with those settings.

so anyway, i re-uploaded the demo with the changes you need to make to the xml in the txt. so you can re-download that to see those. but unless you did something really wacky to your xml you should be getting compression out of the programs. so if they aren't working i'd recommend getting an unmodded xml to start from and if you want shq and 10ms look ahead do the changes i suggest and leave it at that.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby myimo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 am

Thats much clearer now. Thank you.
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Cupwise » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 am

ok, it's live! i'll probably put more info about the thing up on the page at some point, but this is kind of a pre-release-release. it's going to be $33 for one sample rate, $34 for both, for.. maybe 2 or 3 days. then it will go up to probably $38/39. the manual is up for you to look at and really it has all the info about the set in it.

i'll say here that there are- ok first off i'm starting to feel like the commonly used uh, language, to describe nebula releases is a bit muddled. it's common to always call a nebula effect a 'program', but an effect is made of a program and a vector. the vector is the sample set itself. 1000 programs could all use the same vector, and just have slight changes to how some of the internal things in those programs are set up. different vectors are more important because they actually represent different sample sets, which means a different actual recording session where a piece/chain of hardware was sampled (except for the case of different vectors for the same effect for the different kernel amount options, which are made from the same recording session).

so i feel like it can be misleading to say how many programs a set has, or that it just distracts or overshadows the real value of a set which i think usually is in the samples themselves and how many different unique sample sets (vectors) are in a library. i've sampled the unit 4 times to get 4 different core compressor effects (each with a main program that was fine tuned to behave as close to the hardware as i could get it to, and then 3 alternates that behave in different ways, and with those 4 programs each having a standard 10k version and an SHQ version), and then another 4 times without the compression being engaged to create 4 separate pass-through programs (each with standard 10k and SHQ versions also). so in this set there are 8 unique vectors.

one thing people who have bought my past releases might notice is that the alternate versions are trimmed down here. i think this is a good thing. i think it was a cool idea i had back with rayphlex to have tons of alternate versions but i think it's just got out of hand, and if someone wants that they can still go get those releases. but having multiple alternate comp behavior programs each with multiple kernel amounts and various other options, it gets kind of ridiculous when you consider that most people probably don't use but a tiny % of those programs. i feel now like the best thing to do is to trim all that away and leave what's needed. each program has value and only what is needed is there. the comps have the one main program in 10k and SHQ versions, and then 3 alternates which i put some thought into. this allowed me to focus more on those alts sounding unique, and i put a bit more complexity behind how they work rather than just having different types of detector types and feedback/feedforward ratios this time too. for example one of the alts (#3) actually uses two separate envelope followers, each with a different follower mode and fdbck/fdfrwrd ratio, and the final behavior is an average between them. alt 1 uses a combination of two envelopes where the main compression you get is an RMS type with 100% feedback, which typically would not allow you to have fast attacks, but that's then combined with a feedforward peak detector in a way where it's the one used for the initial attack, but the RMS feedback one takes over after that. so you get feedback RMS with a fast attack.

so, i really think im going to focus from now on, on just condensing everything down to what's needed, and then a few bonus that have more thought in them, instead of having just tons and tons of programs that nobody uses. no 1k, or 5k programs for each of dozens of slight variations. what's left is all you need. or at least that's my opinion. hopefully anyone who buys the set agrees.

so i'll proudly say that this set DOESN'T have thousands or even hundreds of programs to confuse the hell out of you for ultimately no reason. it has a few dozen, with good chances that you might use all of them at some point, and maybe even find specific uses for each. and let's face it, it would always be better to have more abilities/options condensed down to a handful of programs, rather than being forced to have to wade through an endless sea of presets to get a different attack behavior. having tons of programs in a library is a work around for limitations of nebula, so from now on i'm going to strive to remove unnecessary clutter without giving anything good up when possible, and go with how FEW programs i have per unique vector as my selling point.

so check out the manual, the demo program (most important thing for you to check out really), and the audio demos, and maybe buy the thing. get it in the next few days to save like 5 bucks.
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries