Login

SongTec From CDS Now Released !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

SongTec From CDS Now Released !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 am

We are pleased to announce:
The SongTec MEP 250EX Mastering Equalizer for Nebula Pro !!!
The SongTec has been one of the most requested devices ever in the Nebula Pro community.

The MEP 250EX is the result of the entire lineage of the SongTec line, from the first 230 console eq and outboard 230, to the final 250EX and "S" 400 series of the same device.

The 250EX is the final result of all component upgrades. The electronics are the identical high end components of the most expensive 430"S", 432, etc.

It contains the free moving knobs required to make correct positioning choices so that a precise, repeatable mastering process can be performed inside your DAW without ever having to track down those rare replacement cards and op-amps that are so necessary for this device. It is considered the finest "clean" Mastering, Tracking, and Mixing EQ in the world.

There are other great EQ's, and even an extremely similar "GEQ" that shares the identical lineage with its own unique op-amps (also available from CDS!), but there is no other device that is better.

From now through Thursday, November 14, 2013, we are offering the
"SongTec MEP 250EX For Nebula Pro" for only $39 !!!

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Software-Online/SONTEC-Neb.html

http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/survey.aspx?sfid=178937

Thanks so much and God Bless You.
Sincerely,
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: SongTec From CDS Now Released !!!

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:12 pm

I am sure that many people on this forum know that I have a soft spot for great libraries, so this will not be a surprise....
This new EQ is remarkable. I have never owned a "SongTec" hardware EQ, but I have had the pleasure and honor of having access to one many times, so I knew in advance that any plugin (Nebula, Aqua, or algo) that claimed to be emulating a "SongTec" would have to be very very good to deliver on those claims. I will say with 100% praise that Michael has delivered the first (as far as I know) of this EQ. And in Nebula even! I have just begun playing with this, but I am already tempted to contact a few recent clients who I did some mastering for and offer a re-do at no cost because this EQ is so good sounding. If you have the pennies to buy this at his introductory price, get it while it is so reasonable. CDSM's prices are so reasonable anyway, so this is a "no-brainer" at this price for this quality of a legendary piece of hardware.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kels » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Definitely great !! Bought this afternoon and can't stop using it.
kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mmarra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 pm

A Sontec emulation and developed by CDS...an instant buy :D
mmarra
User Level V
User Level V

Postby emilieitor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:04 am

You know that I´ll buy it, Michael Angello, like always ;)
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 am

WooHoo. Been waiting for this beast Michael. Great job!!!! The high end on the this thing is reputed to be magnificent. Mastering engineers just dribbled a little bit. :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:15 am

Just had a moment to check out the demo preset.

Since I have many great NEB eq's to choose from, I just have to say ...

This is a BUY !

... on my way to place my order.

There is something very nice about what I heard with this EQ.

Beside the sound ... the choices in frequencies and the gain structure looks fantastic. I've only had a rare opportunity to ever work with a similar unit [forgot which model], but I definitely liked what I heard and the response I felt testing this preset.

Off to order ! :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dacaveprods » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 am

Very NiCE Sounding Eq...
dacaveprods

Postby RJHollins » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 am

Just started to now play with the full library, listening and getting a taste on how this EQ responds.

I'm liking what I'm hearing only a few minutes into 'play time', using a test 2trk project that I've been asked to restore. Even through this extremely challenged source file [basically your horrible, mono, live recording .... in devastating MP3 [128?] format ... I was able to enhance upper range frequencies that are probably not there anymore :shock: and it made it sound 'airy' :o

A rather uncontrolled bottom end was starting to tame itself with a 1/2dB bell cut.

Not enough time yet comparing the 4 Q variations, but the wide range of the Q's would allow broad shaping to surgical corrections, with a large list of available frequencies to select from.

The Gain settings ... really like the decision to provide small dB changes in the nudge area and the +12 full range of gain.

In the fast test, a 1/2dB was all that seemed needed to correct ... I would have like 1/4 dB stepping in the small gain section ... just to have as comparison.

If this EQ provides any COLORATION, it does not make itself obvious at all. What it DOES do is that wonderful 3D that seems to 'place' the affected band into an expanded space, yet when the mix is collapsed to MONO [through a single AURATone], the 3D stays. I know,just a terrible description :roll: ... depth, width, however to describe.

even with the short audition time, I'm really glad to have added this to the large collection of Nebula EQ's. Having all the heavy MOJO flavors is great, but I really wanted an EQ that DIDN'T slather that on.
I have plenty of tubes, pres, tapes,etc that can provide more if I needed ...

I've purchased several of the latest CDS eq libraries that have come out, and each have brought a whole new perspective ... and this SongTec is a standout that I will be devoting time on ... particularly for mastering sessions that have certain demands that require 'discreet' eq correction. I have a Piano Works project in mind for this :mrgreen:

Just wanted to share some early observations ... I want to spend much more time working with this EQ ... there is a LOT of controls here, and I've just peaked at it.

From the 'sounds' I heard ... the time spent should be a pleasure :D

Thank-you, once again, Michael ... looks to be another Gem 8-)

Can we get the manual & graphs in PDF format :?:
As you have noticed, I like to have manuals always available for all units. PDF's are great for this.

Thanks!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby harmonik » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Glad I decided to get this one. 25kHz boost is nice. I think I'll use it more than the Mammoth 27kHz boost for air.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries