Login

3.rd Party Demo Presets

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

3.rd Party Demo Presets

Postby mertayy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Hey everyone! I was away for a while, good to be back! Ton's of new stuff released I haven't checked yet :)

But I kind of noticed something...anyone else thinks the free demo preset tradition started fading away?

If I remember right from the old forum, Giancarlo once mentioned every 3.rd party developer must share something free (demo) when releasing something new. I can understand not every type of release can be a functional demo, and still the tradition moves on but...I sense a disturbance in the force :mrgreen:
mertayy

Re: 3.rd Party Demo Presets

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:52 pm

But I kind of noticed something...anyone else thinks the free demo preset tradition started fading away?

We still release a free demo for every commecial preset.
I have to agree, the free version of Fate EQ is VERY limited. But it is a version working with NebulaFREE.

We'll release a better demo-version for customers of Nebula.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:28 pm

I think the process of making amazing libraries is just so time intensive that developers have (wisely) decided the only way they can maintain that sort of commitment is to make some money on the result. I'm sure this goes without saying but if you add up the most expensive Nebula package you can buy and a ton of third party programs you're still well under the price tag of many other single plugin packages.

I think as Nebula continues to grow you will see a resurgence of some more user sampled programs but I also think the developers who spend so much time sampling and tuning programs for professional work will (and should) have a market for their wares.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:We still release a free demo for every commecial preset.I have to agree, the free version of Fate EQ is VERY limited. But it is a version working with NebulaFREE.

We'll release a better demo-version for customers of Nebula.

Limited IMHO is much better than none. To be honest as a regular customer of Nebula and almost every third party developer, I don't care much for Nebula Free :twisted: though I'm aware its super important for Acusticaudio and (naturally) we as customers too...

Though I'm all for audio examples only like console or preamp programs (I find it time saving since such presets usually shine when inserted to all tracks of a mix, and third party developers mix very good too 8-) ), other preset types like eq's, "creative" fx or things that work good on buss dutys give more idea when possible customer tries with his own material.
mertayy

Postby MOjO_FET » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:44 am

I agree.

Some of the releases are not really expensive. But so far it was always better to judge them with a free preset than with mp3's only. And for me cashing out for something and then realizing I don't need it, is in the end counterproductive.

Bring back the free presets!

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Return to 3rd party libraries