Login

Henry Olonga Pro Series Libraries.. WoW

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga Pro Series Libraries.. WoW

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 am

I have put the request in to Giancarlo,
No schedule but he has lots to do. I personally wish he made this a priority because it would change the game dramatically. Let me explain.
The issue with the current NAT is that it is curtailed by file size limitations.
1.2 gigs for 32 bit NAT. Just over 2 gigs for 64 bit deconvolve tool.
What that means is that we are limited by the number of layers we can sample. So we make compromises on sweep length, sweep range, number of layers etc.
It is like sampling a VSTi. Think of VSL's grand piano. 1 sampling per velocity layer with round robin. . . .I think. Creates a very smooth transition from each midi input from 1 to 127. No uneven jumping, no eratic interpolation. Just smooth gradation as you change layers. I would like to do the same in Nebula and I am sure other developers would to. It would mean for example that we couple sample a preamp in finer steps over the whole range. At the moment, most presets are set to sample in 1 db steps by default. If you go to smaller steps you can only sample over a small range because of the file limitation. So you have to do many samplings in different ranges. 1 for distortion in the last few dbs, one in the mid range and one in the low. And still the limitations exist when you do it this way.
Allowing wav64 support means no real limit will exist. I could sample as long as my hdd will allow and at whatever fine steps I desire and this will get you much, much closer to hardware. If Giancarlo gets this going, hardware guys should correctly get nervous - and they should keep their stuff away from us. This will democratise audio production in a revolutionary way and Nebula despite it's issues for some users will smash all the other emulations by a bigger margin. It may help it become the tool of choice for a bigger market when it comes to attaining hardware mojo. Not kidding! My two cents
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 am

@ mightymosaic: Thanks!

P.s All of my experimenting and tests were done in Timed mode with proper settings.

Are you talking about the TIMED-tweak described in david1103's Youtube-video, or?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Definity » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Well I just did some quick number crunching and a 32 bit number unsigned (positive only) is 4,294,967,295 but a 64bit unsigned num is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 that means the layers in the sampling process will increase by about 4,294,967,297 times in the 32 bit to 64 bit jump. That makes for very accurate hardware ;) But I would not like to be the one to sample all them layers!
Definity

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Ha ha ha Good one. RE: number of layers. . . . it will keep me busy but also keep you smiling. Even your grins will have lots of layers. . . :P
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby misterambient » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am

Bought the NV Mic Pre PRO ! 8-)
misterambient
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mightymosaic » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:01 am

Henry Olonga wrote:I have put the request in to Giancarlo,
No schedule but he has lots to do. I personally wish he made this a priority because it would change the game dramatically. Let me explain.
The issue with the current NAT is that it is curtailed by file size limitations.
1.2 gigs for 32 bit NAT. Just over 2 gigs for 64 bit deconvolve tool.
What that means is that we are limited by the number of layers we can sample. So we make compromises on sweep length, sweep range, number of layers etc.
It is like sampling a VSTi. Think of VSL's grand piano. 1 sampling per velocity layer with round robin. . . .I think. Creates a very smooth transition from each midi input from 1 to 127. No uneven jumping, no eratic interpolation. Just smooth gradation as you change layers. I would like to do the same in Nebula and I am sure other developers would to. It would mean for example that we couple sample a preamp in finer steps over the whole range. At the moment, most presets are set to sample in 1 db steps by default. If you go to smaller steps you can only sample over a small range because of the file limitation. So you have to do many samplings in different ranges. 1 for distortion in the last few dbs, one in the mid range and one in the low. And still the limitations exist when you do it this way.
Allowing wav64 support means no real limit will exist. I could sample as long as my hdd will allow and at whatever fine steps I desire and this will get you much, much closer to hardware. If Giancarlo gets this going, hardware guys should correctly get nervous - and they should keep their stuff away from us. This will democratise audio production in a revolutionary way and Nebula despite it's issues for some users will smash all the other emulations by a bigger margin. It may help it become the tool of choice for a bigger market when it comes to attaining hardware mojo. Not kidding! My two cents

You sir are a Gentlemen and a Scholar, Thanks for the detailed info. I hope that becomes possible sometime soon.

dagovitsj wrote:@ mightymosaic: Thanks!

P.s All of my experimenting and tests were done in Timed mode with proper settings.

Are you talking about the TIMED-tweak described in david1103's Youtube-video, or?

I havent seen that youtube video, I read through a few in depth posts in the acustica forums about the Timed Engine and experimented untill i got the best possible sound. It helps that i have a pretty powerful pc also. IMHO Using TIMED engine is what Nebula is all about. some say they cant hear a difference , But to me its pretty clear. Cheers.
mightymosaic

Postby mtalavera » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:41 am

mightymosaic wrote:
I havent seen that youtube video, I read through a few in depth posts in the acustica forums about the Timed Engine and experimented untill i got the best possible sound. It helps that i have a pretty powerful pc also. IMHO Using TIMED engine is what Nebula is all about. some say they cant hear a difference , But to me its pretty clear. Cheers.

Can you share what settings worked for you?
mtalavera

Postby tyrrell » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Any idea on the time frame of your A*I elite series?
I bought the console pro distorted. And so far favor it over the mbc
tyrrell
User Level V
User Level V

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:32 pm

+1!

yes, I also want to know what settings you had success with mightymosaic!

By the way, here is a link to david1103's excellent blogpost - there is a very important piece of information about a tweak in the xml-file regarding using the TIMED-settings. So check out that before watching the YouTube video. http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/nebula-vst-plug-in-tips-switching-to-timed-kernels

cheers ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 am

dagovitsj wrote:

+1!

yes, I also want to know what settings you had success with mightymosaic!

By the way, here is a link to david1103's excellent blogpost - there is a very important piece of information about a tweak in the xml-file regarding using the TIMED-settings. So check out that before watching the YouTube video. http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/nebula-vst-plug-in-tips-switching-to-timed-kernels

cheers ;)
mtalavera wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:

Honestly guys,Im not doing anything different from what that youtube link or david1103 wrote. It was trial and error and even after that every library is different. Some libraries when in timed mode have artefacts others barely add character and some create a HUGE difference.(My favorite is Henry's La2a library in timed mode with kernels set to 35 ms each, right after calkwalks la2a emulation) I do change the XML and create separate HQ versions of libraries i use often.
mightymosaic

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries