Login

N 2065 stereo filters by Tim Petherick!!updated for 1.3.505

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New release by Tim Petherick N 2065 stereo filters!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 pm

It was on 1 default I switched to 5
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 pm

timp wrote:It was on 1 default I switched to 5

Unfortunately that was not my problem because each time I installed 1.3.600 (many times) I copied most of the settings from my xml's to the new installation, and that included the timed opt set to 5 already. I have been in frequent communications with Giancarlo about this, and my conclusion is that there is something persnickety about my system and this new update. I am not saying that the update is flawed, but I can say that it is not universally as compatible as past releases since I have very robust and flawless performance with 1.3.505, the previous stable release. I suggest to people to make good backups before they try this, I have a feeling that there will be more issues like mine cropping up since I do not have an ancient computer. Not brand new, not an i7, but only 4 years old Core 2 Quad with 8 gb's memory. I just wish that you devs didn't jump so quick to make libraries that will only work on newest versions of software, and this is why. And in the long run, you may be hurting your own sales because not everyone will be able to use this new Nebula, and thus not be able to spend their money on new libraries even when they are willing to. Just my thoughts....
CDSM is still releasing libraries that work on the older Nebula versions, so why can't everyone?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Henry is also developing libraries that still work on 1.3.505. Unless you are going to be using the new copy protection which does indeed require the newest Nebula, is there any other reason that libraries would need it?
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:31 am

I will be making a 1.3.505 compatible version of this library on Sunday, I can't do it any earlier as I'm away Giging.

Please note all my other library's work fine on older versions.

All the best

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am

I certainly was not attacking you Tim, I am just expressing my concern for all of the devs. If the new Nebula is a dire requirement to use a new library, that just may alienate some users. And no one wants to introduce any reasons for someone not to spend a few dollars on a new library, right? Some people just like to wait to upgrade software if their present system is stable and productive. Others, like myself, can not use the new release for one reason or another. So if the new Nebula release suddenly is the big requirement to buy a new library, that means that those of us that are not (or can't be) upgrading their Nebula installation will also not be spending any money on libraries. I am lucky enough to be a beta tester so I have access to some of the mid-releases that some new libraries work with but do not crash my system. I also am comfortable enough with having multiple dll's/xml's that may be made up of different versions of Nebula (so I can use or test a certain library). But many people want to install their software and make music. So it is my hope that you devs recognize this need and keep backward compatibility with upcoming libraries. This would be good for the library-crazed Nebula junkies who HAVE to have the newest and beast libraries, and especially good for you devs so you can market to more users. Anyway......
I need to praise this new filter library while I am here. In fact, I am a bit in awe of Tim's newest stuff in general... (Tim, you have a new fan-boy/stalker.... :shock: ). Here is my post about his ELC24 EQ....viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27466&p=60877#p60877
This filter library really surprised me. When I first loaded them, I was a bit surprised at the frequencies- they don't go as high and as low as what I am accustomed to. But because I trust Tim (LOVE his EQ's and Compressors already), I started throwing them on every track as my base filtering... They are so sweet and subtle, some of them I didn't even change the parameters, I left them at zero, but they still "softened the edges" really nicely. And when I actually needed to use them, they are gentle and "toneful" without being overly colorful (sort of a perfect compromise- not exactly transparent, but not in your face color either). I am really surprised that more people are not scooping up everything Tim is doing lately. have you tried the TNT Dynamics or the VCA Limiter for instance? Very cool stuff!!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I appreciate Timp's new releases too.
Natively sampled in most used sample rate without SRC is
a blessing :)

But how does 1.3.600 benefit the new nebula programs??
I'd love to hear some explanations from good and brave 3rd party library provides who already jumped into 1.3.600. There's no much information.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

N 2065 stereo filters by Tim Petherick!!updated for 1.3.505

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi guys,
I ended up making the 1.3.505 version.

So good news for all the users of that version :D
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: N 2065 stereo filters by Tim Petherick!!updated for 1.3

Postby Jaff » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 am

This Stuff is a must-have
I use it on every track and it become so easy now to mix a song o:)

Great great great
Jaff
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Jaff wrote:This Stuff is a must-have
I use it on every track and it become so easy now to mix a song o:)

Great great great

Hey Jaff ,
Thanks for your comments , I see them on several threads. The complex will be here soon, I was working on a side project before releasing it , so should be finished soon....

Also I have an update on all library's coming soon with some tweaks getting into some subtleties that are not easy to hear unless you layer up many instances of nebula. This will make all library's a bit more airy but like I say will be a very subtle tweak that will have a big impact over the use of many instances ;-)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:51 pm

how do these filters sound? transparent or colourful?
Definity

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries