Login

Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gemini Audio Releases G2500!!! - (A*I 2500)

Postby Gemini Audio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 am

The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby kylen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 pm

I picked Gemini API2500 up the other day, upgraded my Nebula to the req'd version (couldn't see presets before that), replaced the dictionary, navigated to the G25 list in Nebula3Pro (that's how it looks in my install - PC Win 7) and was instantly amazed (and intimidated) by the sea of juicy presets. Actually I didn't install all 11,000 but just the ones I thought I would need (per install instructions). I just wanted to stop by and thank Gemini (and other devs who do this) for taking the time to produce quality samples and at the same time wishing there were some way to automate the sampling! haha if I only knew what it took to do it I probably wouldn't think that - short of some electromechanical harness draped across the knobs of a hardware unit (like Neil Young's amp preset controller). Anyway, I'll be hooking up the recommended viewer/organizer from Zebrowski tomorrow and creating the NC version. In the short term I've only used the RE version on a Bass sub (rock remaster with a bass x-over) but it sounds excellent and can tuck the resonances away without giving me that aural vertigo I get when the compression doesn't conform to the music. Will also be comparing it to my Waves API2500 algo but I'm already thinking the Nebula version will smoke it. Thanks again Gemini - I've got some work ahead of me harnessing the power... :D PS Have you announced this at KVR yet - there are a few of us Nebula hound-doggies over there...and I was almost thinking my Nebula journey had reached an end until recently.
kylen

Postby vicnestE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!

Just got demo v2, why does the NC programs under PEAK mode tend to pump weirdly??

What computer spec could really run 1 instance of 44.1kHz EX version without hitting 100% CPU usage??
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Gemini Audio » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

vicnestE wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:The Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Enjoy!

Just got demo v2, why does the NC programs under PEAK mode tend to pump weirdly??

What computer spec could really run 1 instance of 44.1kHz EX version without hitting 100% CPU usage??

The Peak versions are experimental, since it's not a part of the original hardwware. The "EX" versions can't be used with current computers, but you can use them for rendering. Yet the "NC" versions are top notch already and very very close the the "EX" versions, but you can use those in real time.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby vicnestE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:
vicnestE wrote:
Enjoy!

The Peak versions are experimental, since it's not a part of the original hardwware. The "EX" versions can't be used with current computers, but you can use them for rendering. Yet the "NC" versions are top notch already and very very close the the "EX" versions, but you can use those in real time.

OK thanks for explanation. Much sensible now :)
Anybody try the preamp program after Waves API2500???
Seems a more convenient and sound-compromised workflow.

By the way, in manual page 4.
Tone Sidechain Filter ,SFC" (Hint: Trust)
THRUST I guess??
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cbenci » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 am

Just note to Gemini Audio on this outstanding release.

The G2500 is the closest yet to hardware compression ITB in my opinion. The combo of the NC programs and Line Amp is amazing.

Well done and if you are thinking of purchasing the G2500 just do it, it really is drum buss heaven. :D
cbenci
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby SWAN » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:42 pm

has anyone managed to run an NC version on a Mac?

I cant get a single instance on an i7 2.2 quad macbook pro
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kylen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Gemini (or any G2500 Win7 PC user) - I have installed G2500 per your install instr, replaced the dictionaty file as req'd, created a special G25 comp as recommended using Zabulowski set-up (from Nebula3, not Nebula3 reverb) that includes All 48KHz programs from the folder 'All Programs' folder. Where are the 1Kernel programs - when I load program 'G25001K Inf Hard' for example I end up with 4 kernels according to my Nebula Comp Prog Page indication. :?:
kylen

Postby kylen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 pm

OK I retraced my installation steps and reinstalled the G2500 dictionary. Now everything looks different and I can select different presets under the G2500 library that has appeared. I'm sure G2500 is a fine Nebula Sampled representation of the A*I 2500 and I appreciate all the work, again, to make this lib. However I surely don't even remember the sound I was going for in the first place after dealing with the general Nebula and preset idiosyncracies for several days... :|
kylen

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 pm

kylen wrote:Hi Gemini (or any G2500 Win7 PC user) - I have installed G2500 per your install instr, replaced the dictionaty file as req'd, created a special G25 comp as recommended using Zabulowski set-up (from Nebula3, not Nebula3 reverb) that includes All 48KHz programs from the folder 'All Programs' folder. Where are the 1Kernel programs - when I load program 'G25001K Inf Hard' for example I end up with 4 kernels according to my Nebula Comp Prog Page indication. :?:

This issue has been addressed with the newest update.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries