Login

SUPPORT THE DEVS!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: SUPPORT THE DEVS!!

Postby garyk_123 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm very relieved to read about Nebula's new direction. One hundred years ago it was said that only a few thousand people in the whole would ever be able learn to drive a car because it was so complicated. Then engineers refined and improved everything and now every other driver on the road is a complete idiot...sorry, losing focus. Point is the tweakable power of Nebula as it is will never be mainstream.

But Aqua can deliver all the power and sophistication required in a shiny sealed vst. Possibly a shame but certainly necessity.
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby sneaky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 pm

I hope this new development doesnt abandon the client/server model.Offloading processing stress to another machine works well
sneaky

Postby giancarlo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:33 pm

yes, the main idea is to support acqua plugins, and at the same time a common engine (nebula), able to load acqua plugins too. Nebula will be the best approach for client/server usage, and when you need to select presets from a common interface (it's more straightforward if you need to try different presets, compare them and so on).

At the moment we are testing the first acqua plugin (stradipad), we are pretty ready with 2 products after that, and we are able to release new products easily. The most important thing, we are not involved directly with this product creating, so we can invest our time in developing new things (for example the cloud solution).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 pm

I wonder if there could be a generic aqua shell with controls for eg EQ or Compressor...that developers could use with their graphics and samples...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:24 am

SWAN wrote:I wonder if there could be a generic aqua shell with controls for eg EQ or Compressor...that developers could use with their graphics and samples...

YES, That would Help make the transition 100X smoother, Maybe we could get some brainstorming going to help push this along a little quicker. Any ideas folks?
mightymosaic

Postby SWAN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 am

would be quite cool if there was a container that a developer could stack Nebulae eq 3x for a 3 band EQ...in a single GUI...

its pointless really me suggesting things!!!! Giancarlo is doing what he is doing...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:39 am

SWAN wrote:would be quite cool if there was a container that a developer could stack Nebulae eq 3x for a 3 band EQ...in a single GUI...

its pointless really me suggesting things!!!! Giancarlo is doing what he is doing...

That's what RJHollins is doing. Look for the NVC Controller threads.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:24 am

richie43 wrote:
SWAN wrote:would be quite cool if there was a container that a developer could stack Nebulae eq 3x for a 3 band EQ...in a single GUI...

That's what RJHollins is doing. Look for the NVC Controller threads.

RJ here .... hoping that I've not wasted a whole bunch of time honing the design of the NVC virtual controllers :o

Reading all the comments with much interest ... particularly when <G> posts. The 'Aqua' plugs that I've purchased [as a supplement to the native Nebula library] have seen some use by me. No doubt the GUI specific interface has impact, but from what few I have, they seemed a 'restricted' release. By that I mean, they were not the complete library as contained in the native Nebula releases. I look forward to details of what's to come.

Meanwhile, I'll start of new thread [soon] regarding the latest NVC controller that contains many new advancements.

So as not to derail this thread ... we'll return to your regularly scheduled program. thank-you. :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:10 am

RJHollins wrote:Reading all the comments with much interest ... particularly when <G> posts. The 'Aqua' plugs that I've purchased [as a supplement to the native Nebula library] have seen some use by me. No doubt the GUI specific interface has impact, but from what few I have, they seemed a 'restricted' release. By that I mean, they were not the complete library as contained in the native Nebula releases. I look forward to details of what's to come.

Yeah I agree with RJ. For example I have the Acqua R2R and it never (and I do mean NEVER) gets used. Because the Nebula library is a series of programs which are level tuned, multiple pass, multiple tape stock variants which give you a LOT of potential choices while you're working; the Acqua is just a single version which is the 'best' of all those. It's not that the Acqua doesn't sound good, it does, but take the Wollensak for example: 5 passes on 111 which all sound pretty different from one another, 7 passes on...is it 456? Anyway, with the Acqua you get one single Wollensak sound. It's nice but it's not nearly as good as having the library, honestly. If people are willing to trade this kind of functionality for cute GUI's that makes me a little bit sad, actually; that's almost antithetical to the Nebula way of doing things.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 am

ngarjuna wrote:If people are willing to trade this kind of functionality for cute GUI's that makes me a little bit sad, actually; that's almost antithetical to the Nebula way of doing things.

although i have no first hand knowledge of giancarlo's intention, i suspect that his plans will likely include an update to acqua in order to accommodate said functionality. definitely share your concerns, but i've learned to not underestimate g's ingenuity. :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries