Login

New version of ELC24 v2 Stereo eq updated 09/10/13

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

New version of ELC24 v2 Stereo eq updated 09/10/13

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:04 pm

The New version of elc24 eq is sampled from another unit But sampled differently. This version is in 4 sample rates, like other releases it's the real deal (no SRC). In this version It's broken into two instances, on this version you are getting slightly better curves on the gain knobs compared to version one. Because the unit has a distinct transformer quality (due to the marinair transformers), I have yet again sampled the High and low shelf dynamically, This captures the 3d aspect of the eq.Sampled in True Stereo means you get that wide analog sound.

UPDATE;Preamp stereo and mono now included

Also I've broken the stereo channels down into two different presets in this version. So you get True stereo , Mono left , Mono right. This can give your individual mono tracks better separation when you want to use these separate mono tracks!!
Here’s a few words on the ELC24 STEREO EQ from Neil Perry:

So we had 3 chassis to work on!! …. with these basic chassis, Raw State has spent considerable design and listening time to ensure the original units’ great quality was not compromised. Careful selection and auditioning of components was carried out to ensure good sonic characteristics were maintained.

The design is passive circuitry based upon the classic R – C – L components ( resistors, capacitors, inductors ). The original design was very nice sounding but with some obvious ‘problems’. The high and low frequency EQ curves were ‘strange’ … we are not sure but they may well have been optimised for disk cutting. We have redesigned these curves to be more in keeping with a unit ideal for mix / mastering work. ( We have paid particular attention to the frequency curves from the legendary Decca / Raw State Passive EQ units! )

Also the output stage needed some redesigning to be able to drive a reasonable load at good level.

Balancing is naturally by transformers, as it was felt the addition of audio transformers is so much a part of classic- sounding vintage equipment.

We have carefully matched input and output impedances to ensure the Eq characteristics are well controlled and musical. We eventually used ( Ex N**e ) Marinair input transformers. The output transformers are Marinair type T1501.

Typical Performance:

Fixed Hf EQ centred at 18 kHz

Max. Boost and Cut approx. 12 dB. Switched in 3 dB steps

Mid Band EQ Switched at 1.4 – 2.8 – 4.0 and 5.6 kHz

Max. Boost and Cut approx. 10 dB. Switched in 2 dB steps.

Fixed Lf EQ centred at 50 Hz

Max. Boost and Cut approx. 12 dB. Switched in 3 dB steps.

Maximum level into 10K better than +22 dB @ 1 kHz

Noise ( Eq controls flat ) better than -82 dB WTD

But the best thing to do is try a unit and listen

Note: Decca, N**e, Marinair, Elcom are registered trade marks.

This EQ is for sale from Raw State Audio

[Previous elc24 v1 customers get a discount (Purchases made before 29/08/2013 only)only £9 per sample rate and £23 for all sample rates !Please contact me for the discount.

FOR DEMOS AND PURCHASE VISIT-
http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/elc24-v2/

I've updated the dynamics of the low and high shelf. This brings the elc24 v2 up to a new level!!

Download the latest n2p's for H/L shelf here.
Attachments
latest elc24 v2 n2p files.zip
(641.8 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: ELC24 v2 Stereo eq RELEASED!! updated np2 files 09/10/

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Demo now added to my web page.

Mid range with 2 frequency's and -8, ,-4, 0, 4 , 8 gain
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: New version of ELC24 v2 Stereo eq RELEASED 31/08/13!!

Postby yr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 pm

bought and loving it- great having the 48kHz option.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

HOW COME PEOLPE HAVE NOT NOTICED THIS ONE???

Postby richie43 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 am

I am a little surprised that more people are not clamoring over this one. Tim may be a newer and young library developer, but he sure seems to be onto something very exciting somehow. His last few releases have all been nothing short of stunning to my ears. The sampling is great, the CPU load seems normal, they sound amazing, and an often overlooked quality (or deficiency for some libraries) he has gotten a grip on is the navigation menu. His presets are simple to use, very straight-forward and obvious. I love that. But obviously it is the sound we are most interested in, since if it wasn't, none of us would deal with the weird work-flow and CPU destruction of Nebula. This eq (along with Silk, but actually this one more) has worked itself onto every project of mine since getting it. I am shocked at how hard I can push gains on any band with this and it just sounds great.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 am

Tim- any chance you will add a preamp preset to the library? the eq is so good, I'm sure just passing audio through a dynamic version (without boosting) is going to be great.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 am

I guess you want a little more saturation? I can make a preamp for sure. I actually made one for v1 but I was not using this new sampling technique I have on v2 and other library's of mine, plus v1 was inly sampled in 88.2.So a fresh version would be the best thing.

And Thanks for your comments Richie and Yr. It's a real nice compliment coming from another dev.
TNT still needs to be updated to this transparent sampling. I have about 4 tweaks I do which I think are unique in the sampling stage to get me there. It's 4 small things that make a big difference.
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 am

timp wrote:I guess you want a little more saturation? I can make a preamp for sure. I actually made one for v1 but I was not using this new sampling technique I have on v2 and other library's of mine. So a fresh version would be the best thing.

And Thanks for your comments Richie and Yr. It's a real nice compliment coming from another dev.
TNT still needs to be updated to this transparent sampling. I have about 4 tweaks I do which I think are unique in the sampling stage to get me there. It's 4 small things that make a big difference.

I love the TNT like it is and you say you can do it better with an update? coooooool... respect.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

Well actually TNT was using two of those tweaks but also I have slightly better convertors than before ,but I will say that good convertors are only a part of the bigger picture on quality. Of course The new version of TNT will be a free upgrade to customers of the previous TNT. I want all library's to be on the same level.....
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:07 am

I just started work on the preamps , it will be available in the 4 sample rates as always....

Customers who have already purchased elc24 v2 will be emailed the update.

Thanks,

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:01 am

timp wrote:I just started work on the preamps , it will be available in the 4 sample rates as always....

Customers who have already purchased elc24 v2 will be emailed the update.

Thanks,

Tim

that's really great (and fast)- thanks Tim.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries