Login

Noooooo sad day for Nebula world..[solved]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Noooooo............ Sad day for Nebula world.......

Postby richie43 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 pm

fpoitevin wrote:This sad story made me think about my tools. Now, I try not to count only on Nebula : different plugs brands and hardware.

This is what i was worried about when AITB vanished. I am not worried about Acustica, necessarily, but I AM worried about the confidence of the users and their ability to work.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby swartzfeger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:28 am

richie43 wrote:
fpoitevin wrote:This sad story made me think about my tools. Now, I try not to count only on Nebula : different plugs brands and hardware.

This is what i was worried about when AITB vanished. I am not worried about Acustica, necessarily, but I AM worried about the confidence of the users and their ability to work.

Maybe I'm missing some, but here are the primary devs that I know of:

AlexB
Henry O
CDSM
TimP
Cupwise
Gemini
Ownhammer
VNXT
STN/Rhythminmind

And (from what I've read) Gene Lennon's wonderful verb library.

Not as many developers as I thought when I joined the Nebulaverse. While many/most of those listed above are active, some haven't released anything new in some time.

I have to wonder how many more devs we would see if/when NAT is released for the Mac. I would sample my brains out if NAT OS X was available, but I'm not sure if my Apollo AD/DA would be 'good enough' for a public/community release.
swartzfeger
User Level V
User Level V

Postby dwagrimm » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 am

the best nebula reverb libraries ever are definitely made by aitb. top pro style and flexible stuff and I have no idea why the user reactions after the latest reverb releases was so small. a lot users are buying every stuff but the good is ignored (and the aitb authorisation was never a problem (till now?)). sorry, my opinion about that. I hope so much aitb will find a solution for their existing customers (like they wrote on the aitb site). I have a huge problem if not.
Gene Lennon stuff is nice but to much personal adjustments for a reverb for me.

yo richie, dont be worried about any thing. people will move / change from time to time. without confidence in his own.?!.
I´m more worried about why people need every plugin, every sound library, every effect tool or yes every nebula library. in real time (hardware studio) no one is buying every thing. how much people are using all this stuff in final? yes it´s good (in nebula world) to support all the developers but is this the solution to make better music? :shock:
to record and to mix? if users dont understand the possibilities of nebula, dont be worried about that. I have my problems too with the limitations of nebula but there is no alternative. if nikklas will find a solution for the customers I´m cool with the whole situation.
Dont worry, be happy.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby hwasser » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

...I support Nebula and AlexB and the GPUreverb and other private/indie/small company audio-productions and those are some of the plug-ins/programs I have payed for and supporting...
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:37 pm

hwasser wrote:...I support Nebula and AlexB and the GPUreverb and other private/indie/small company audio-productions and those are some of the plug-ins/programs I have payed for and supporting...

If you are a programmer, how can you pirate any software? That's hypocritical and rude. Whether they are a big or small company, stealing is stealing. And once you ok theft of any dev, the lines are blurred. And as far as AITB is concerned, how are you sure that they are not in communication with other devs to make their libraries available another way? Don't encourage people to go find cracked Nebula libraries, that only leads to more links to more cracks...... you idiot.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kylen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

I agree richie43! Stupid...
Moderators - make this hwasser pirate walk the plank... :evil:
kylen

Postby Antonello » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm

hwasser wrote:...I support Nebula and AlexB and the GPUreverb and other private/indie/small company audio-productions and those are some of the plug-ins/programs I have payed for and supporting...

Sorry but this forum can't be the place to do pirate-marketing.
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I don't like to act like a prude, and none of us are perfect. I also don't like to act like the internet police.....But I work so closely with many software developers and software piracy on any level really bothers me. None of us are qualified to determine which companies "can afford to absorb" piracy and which are on the verge of collapse. If you really feel like it's ok to steal someone's work, go to whatever job you do for your money and do it for free for a few days and see how that affects your lifestyle.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby biscoglio » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:24 am

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether upgrading my Nebula app to the latest version will mess with the authorization of my AITB libraries? I love Mammoth and the EAR verb libs - use'em on every project. Emailed to ask about the migration solution Niklas mentioned on the site but haven't heard back. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:43 am

biscoglio wrote:I just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether upgrading my Nebula app to the latest version will mess with the authorization of my AITB libraries? I love Mammoth and the EAR verb libs - use'em on every project. Emailed to ask about the migration solution Niklas mentioned on the site but haven't heard back. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

All of my AITB libraries are still working fine. You get more than one authorization per library anyway, so unless you know that you have used your last, you should be fine. But I am using the newest nebula and have not had a single authorization problem with any library.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries