Login

Noooooo sad day for Nebula world..[solved]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Noooooo............ Sad day for Nebula world.......

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Indeed it's sad ,

The first library I ever bought was mammoth.

First time I Used it was on a master , I was blown away...
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 am

+1 very sad indeed. i got my start in nebula from nebula-programs dot com and by buying all of the AITB EQs. i couldn't believe my ears. AITB will be missed.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby emilieitor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 pm

we no longer consider ourselves able to spend as much time and energy on the project as it requires and deserves.

In developing our libraries we have always been driven by passion and vision rather than by financial profit. We strongly believe that neither we nor you would profit from a half-hearted AITB service. That's why we have decided to give up AITB by August 28, 2013.

Ok, you don´t continue making more libraries, but I don´t understand the reason because the page is deleted and it don´t let buy already existing products and lose money with this way, in addition to Nebula community won´t have the opportunity to enjoy the best Nebula reverbs and the only existing Nebula libraries of certain hardware (M****y Massive Passive, ...).

So my message is clear: analoginthebox please come back!!!
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby garyk_123 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 am

I'm sure the decision was not easy but carefully thought through, so I for one will leave it at that, but I was wondering about whether RJ or Giancarlo might look into licensing mmp for the upcoming nvc and or aqua technologies?
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby RJHollins » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 am

garyk_123 wrote:I'm sure the decision was not easy but carefully thought through, so I for one will leave it at that, but I was wondering about whether RJ or Giancarlo might look into licensing mmp for the upcoming nvc and or aqua technologies?

On so many fronts, this is sad news for the entire Nebula community.

If AITB is not able to return, then my second hope would be some type of transfer to another Dev/distributor. Even AA might consider some type of purchase or hosting.

I'm just second guessing this whole situation ... most everyday, new Nebula members asking for authorization ... the AITB libraries [already created] are a goto source.

Its been only a short while since we all received the news ... given some time forward, lets hope that something positive can still be realized.

As to the NVC-MP controller ... regardless of what happens, I still plan its release. But it is going to first get a major overhaul to bring it in line with the new features that are in the latest NVC. [I'll post that in my thread so not to deflect here.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Gemini Audio » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 am

I'm pretty sure, AITB libraries will be sold somewhere else in the future. I'm not saying it will be Gemini Audio, but maybe Acustica. Seems most logical to me.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jeromekeller » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:I'm pretty sure, AITB libraries will be sold somewhere else in the future. I'm not saying it will be Gemini Audio, but maybe Acustica. Seems most logical to me.

I really hope so, AITB libraries are simply awesome and I still miss so many of them!!
jeromekeller
User Level I
User Level I

Postby thepalalias » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

It's doubly unfortunate for users that one of the first library developers (with such great libraries) should stop making new ones and that they should also be one of the only ones using such a finicky form of copy protection.

Hopefully the difficulty that several users have had in that past (and are having more of now) with the copy protection will act as inspiration to developers to make sure they have a fallback plan for their users if they decide to move-on or something else happens.

Last time I got a new authorization for Mammoth EQ and TCB, it worked on my system for a few hours before the process of uninstalling and reinstalling various betas of Nebula made the authorization files stop working (though everything else worked correctly). I've been unable to use the libraries on my laptop mixes for clients 13 days - though luckily I had an older system that still worked for my personal projects.

On top of that, the newest Mac Nebula version seems to be completely incompatible with the AUT/SER system here and in a couple other libraries at the moment - which is troubling but will hopefully be fixed in the future - making the SER and AUT system seem even less effective.

The AITB libraries are great. I like them a great deal. But no other Nebula company should use that .AUT system unless they can ensure consistent support for it - and they need an automated backup plan in place if they stop being to support it.

I know it's less robust and sexy, but what about just using a serial number system?

There may be another answer - but this really shows that the future of the SER/AUT system should be re-evaluated for libraries.
thepalalias
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby andiw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Well said thepalalias!
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby myimo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 am

I also agree with thepalalias. A serial number is fine (as long as its not linked to a specific HD) because the buyer can migrate to a new HD without these kind of problems.
This was the very reason I never bought anything from AITB
where as I have bought quite a lot from other developers
and will continue to do so.
The Pace debacle only shows that the consumer can't afford to
be reliant on any one else after the purchase.

Any program that has AITB type protection (i.e. you need the developer) will end up as abandonware. Its inevitable on a long enough time line.
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries