Login

Noooooo sad day for Nebula world..[solved]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Noooooo............ Sad day for Nebula world.......

Postby cps418 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:49 pm

mightymosaic wrote:So go support the devs all you can and wherever you can, spread the word about how cool this platform can be. Contact devs and offer to write reviews for other forums. Talk to your audio peers and clients. Do write-ups on your own websites and/or blogs about libraries you have just used on some project. Post something on FACEBOOK. We need to do what we can to bring Nebula out of the elite niche market and more into the use of the public, I think.

Ok rant over. I just think that Nebula is one of the coolest and most liberating tools for digital audio, at least for me. I want it's development to continue and not vanish like so many other good ideas in the arts and technology markets. Cheers!
Funny I just read a post elsewhere about liquidmix, and one thing that was said was "without upgrades or any real advancements that would spell the end of something like liquidmix, neb, or U.A.D." for that matter. Nebula has been a vintage emulator for so long, but how many eqs,or comps do you need. Two years ago this forum was really hopping, we had fun debates, new products every week,but now it's become a ghost town.I for one have my main tracking- mixing setup and that's what it's going to stay. My mastering setup, is set in stone, and my tracks come hot. So buying presets just because the hardware cost 4,000, I'm pretty much done with that. In fact I've actually found that since i have cut back on buying, and trying everything that cost 4,000, I now have mastered where I'm going, and what I need to get there.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Indeed. Support doesn't necessarily mean by purchasing only. Talk about it. Write about it. Check out the other thread I started for this.......
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27468&p=60264#p60264

I think that people can benefit by some collective think-tank style forum activity.
Last edited by richie43 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 pm

cps418 wrote:Indeed. Support doesn't necessarily mean by purchasing only. Talk about it. Write about it. Check out the other thread I started for this.......
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27468&p=60264#p60264

I think that people can benefit by some collective thin-tank style forum activity.
IT does become a hard sell since I have seenn people support neb to the end on different forums, and I still see people respond with (1) they don't hear the difference, (2) it does not look pretty, and (3) the cpu usage. What makes "waves" and other companies succeed is they are selling to the younger generation. So eyecandy means so much, ease of use means so much, (cut copy paste reel to reel is our era not theirs') and all the vintage gear emulation that we praise, they do not. (or they pretend like they value it but only the gui).
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:10 pm

cps418 wrote: IT does become a hard sell since I have seenn people support neb to the end on different forums, and I still see people respond with (1) they don't hear the difference, (2) it does not look pretty, and (3) the cpu usage. What makes "waves" and other companies succeed is they are selling to the younger generation. So eyecandy means so much, ease of use means so much, (cut copy paste reel to reel is our era not theirs') and all the vintage gear emulation that we praise, they do not. (or they pretend like they value it but only the gui).

Of course you are right about the importance of pretty gui's to many people. But in the big picture if a tool does not deliver good quality results, then people will eventually quit using it (or their music will suck...ha ha). That's why it's a good idea to help people get over that gui lust and use their ears more.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:22 pm

cps418 wrote:Of course you are right about the importance of pretty gui's to many people. But in the big picture if a tool does not deliver good quality results, then people will eventually quit using it (or their music will suck...ha ha). That's why it's a good idea to help people get over that gui lust and use their ears more.
News flash richie the music already sucks, but over these years we just learned to live with the pain. So convincing the masses that all those platinum hits suck is "a hard sell" and that is why nebula remains a "black ops forum".
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:21 pm

cps418 wrote:
cps418 wrote:Of course you are right about the importance of pretty gui's to many people. But in the big picture if a tool does not deliver good quality results, then people will eventually quit using it (or their music will suck...ha ha). That's why it's a good idea to help people get over that gui lust and use their ears more.
News flash richie the music already sucks, but over these years we just learned to live with the pain. So convincing the masses that all those platinum hits suck is "a hard sell" and that is why nebula remains a "black ops forum".

Maybe so. And if you want to live with that, that's your choice. But I am choosing to do what I can to let people know that this technology exists, it can be very exciting to learn about and use, and audio can be deep and intricate with overtones, harmonic distortion, and that elusive (almost hate to use the word) "mojo". If this is a "black ops forum", then maybe more of us need to be "inviting" people to check it out by writing about it, talking about it with our peers and clients, and reminding people that music doesn't need to suck. On that note though....... I am not even necessarily talking about the makers of platinum hits anyway. Most of the music out there is NOT the platinum hits; that section of the music biz is a fairy tale and consists of a very small percentage of the actual working artists (and support staff) that move the actual music machine forward. I am addressing the rest of the industry, who continue to work and try to improve their products quality and awareness.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 am

very good richie
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Henry Olonga » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:41 pm

:cry:
So sad to see this. These guys were at the forefront of this amazing trip.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:21 am

yeah, i remember checking nebula-programs.com regularly to see what cool stuff might pop up. i still get frequent use from mammoth and the tube console bundle, and i'm sure all their stuff has the same great quality. it is sad news :(
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Sad news...
Analog In The Box will always be remembered.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries