Login

Noooooo sad day for Nebula world..[solved]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Noooooo sad day for Nebula world..[solved]

Postby richie43 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

From the AITB website.......
"Dear customers,
as you know, Nebula has always been a tool defined by creativity and innovation. We've spent quite some years creating and developing our libraries according to these same standards. Right now - due to a professional reorientation - we no longer consider ourselves able to spend as much time and energy on the project as it requires and deserves.

In developing our libraries we have always been driven by passion and vision rather than by financial profit. We strongly believe that neither we nor you would profit from a half-hearted AITB service. That's why we have decided to give up AITB by August 28, 2013.

However we don't want our decision to cause any inconvenience to our highly appreciated and loyal customers (i.e. YOU), since we know that some of you are using our tools in their everyday jobs. So for the time being you can still reach us at support@analoginthebox.com. We are also working on a solution that will allow us to “migrate” our customers, so you will be able to use our libraries without restrictions - now and in the future.

At this point, we kindly ask you for your patience during this changeover process. And of course we'd also like to thank you for your long lasting support and dedication.

All the best,
Niklas "

I totally understand though. As I have been testing for almost all of the Nebula devs for a few years now, one of the most common issues they all have is tiny profits in respect to the time and energy it takes to sample and market these wonderful tools. Bob from TranscendingMusic has stopped sampling, now AITB is calling it quits. And I know of 3 more that I can't mention that have considered either scaling way back or quitting completely. Alex has responded with higher prices and fewer discounts, which some people have had the audacity to complain about (I totally support his higher prices, I don't want to see him quit too.....). Support these devs all you can, and if you ever become aware of them getting pirated, do what you can to suss out the pirates and maybe get it to stop.
Last edited by richie43 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: Noooooo............ Sad day for Nebula world.......

Postby dpclarkson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 pm

That's not good; I still wanted to buy a couple
of libraries from them. The tank-reverb is on my list.
Is it still possible to make a purchase?
This is a little too sudden and without notice.
dpclarkson

Postby botus99 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Well put Richie. I just noticed this post on their Facebook page a couple minutes ago, and this is really sad :cry:

It took me many years of mixing ITB to find MY sound. Nebula was completely responsible for that by the way! Hence, many AITB libraries became, and will remain, instrumental to MY sound. I can't be thankful enough for everything Niklas has done for both me and the Nebula community. Sad day...
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Wow I'm very sorry to hear that indeed.

I also wonder if there's a cutoff date (I really hope we haven't reached it already without warning) to purchase AITB libraries; there are one or two we were hoping to pick up at work next round of purchases and there's still a part of the EAR library I keep forgetting to buy.

Either way, super developers, pioneers of the early Nebula scene. AITB will be missed.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 pm

This sucks. I'm waiting to hear what course they're going to take for folks who have a lot of their libraries. I don't want to lose their functionality.
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby RJHollins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Ahh, this is not good to hear :(

AITB libraries have all be excellent, and at so affordable prices.

I've been so busy ... I had purchased the 'Phonocamptica' library months ago, but yet to download and Auth it. Next was to purchase the full 'EAR' package. [I need to get some harddrive space for all this].

I very much hope that AITB can find a good solution, or partner up. AITB was the first 3rd party libraries I purchased when I was introduced to Nebula, and still are GO TO's today.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby nino » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:26 pm

:o SAD....I would also like to buy few more AITB libraries. Hope this will be possible...
and if I migrate to other systems I would expect they will make it possible to move my licences :!: :?:

AITB are really different developer I love them. So innovative and..I'm really sad.

EDIT: I contacted Niklas and he provided me with purchase links, if you hurry you can do it also.
He said he will close it tomorrow (German time).
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby meloco » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 pm

It kinda was around the wall, isn't it?
Still sad to hear this but I totally understand.
The library makers spend a lot of time and all they can hope for is a fraction of an already niche market, and if there's piracy on top it's all looking pointless.
Also it looks like the market is sort of saturated. Sure people still have lot of wishes but we already have great consoles, great EQs, great reverbs, even compressors. How many more one may want?
I hope Giancarlo makes some kind of breakthru and the technology won't become a dead end of sorts.
Anyway, AITB made great things!
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am

Alright ... just finished dL'ing and installing my long ago purchase of Phonocamptica. Got it Authorized 8-)

I tried to purchase the EAR library, but could not get access to purchase.

I sincerely hope that AITB can salvage something from all their efforts. Obviously it would have been nice to have some notice before. This immediate of closure suggest something serious.

Without any details, I think we all concur that we hope this is just a slight bump in the road, and that AITB will be able to continue, or at least maintain sales of current products. We have new Nebula users entering all the time, the libraries have already been created, hopefully they can at least salvage continued sales.

I definately would like to purchase the EAR library.

Hoping for the best! :|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 am

it is sad but we dont know all the details. From what I can remember Niklas was always doing other work and busy with it...right back when he started nebula-programs.com.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries