Login

Tim Petherick reverbs update 06/03/14 The great spring!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

YO NEBULA COMMUNITY!!!!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I can't believe people are not checking this out!! Hey everyone, did you notice that there is a free demo? The demo alone is very usable, so you have nothing to lose and many things to gain by grabbing it. In my opinion, Tim has proven to this community that he is an extremely creative and forward-thinking developer of some very very high quality preset libraries. His EQ's and compressors are stunning, but these is something special about his latest reverbs. This new spring library is no exception, it is very cool. It is not a cavernous reverb, this is not a giant plate. This is a fairly subtle spring that is warm, deep, and full of rich character. It is obviously very at home on guitar tracks, but I have been using it on vocals (solo and group/busses) and I am surprised at how awesome that is sounding. It adds just a bit of presence and "finishing sauce" to my vocal tracks.
Like I said, at least go get the demo. Thanks Tim!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Tim Petherick spring reverbs update 14/12/13 marsh sprin

Postby scooter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 am

I actually bought Tim's SSP Spring library the night before last. I've been looking for a replacement to Softubes SpringVerb and this was it! It's been super hard to find a authentic spring reverb in the modeling plugs, since they all sound like they have a plate or a hall attached to them (SpringAge, Waves, etc.). Tim's are perfect. I bought the Marshall spring as well. It's a bit subtle for my taste, but still authentic.
-Scott
scooter

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys,

The reverbs are very different and I agree that marsh verb is subtle and doesn't seem to sound obviously like a spring. Where as solid spring is very much your typical boing sound. I will say that marsh has a nice warmth and a fast initial decay but tails to 6 sec , this i find is useful for keeping space in the mix.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:20 am

The more I use the Marsh library, the more I love it. Maybe subtle, but not a placebo. Just set up an instance in a send buss, get it sounding "subtle", then mute the buss and compare to the "wet" buss. Not subtle anymore! Great job on this Tim, I sure hope that more people figure out how cool this is and add it to their Nebula tool-kit!!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:20 am

The more I use the Marsh library, the more I love it. Maybe subtle, but not a placebo. Just set up an instance in a send buss, get it sounding "subtle", then mute the buss and compare to the "wet" buss. Not subtle anymore! Great job on this Tim, I sure hope that more people figure out how cool this is and add it to their Nebula tool-kit!!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby biscoglio » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Just grabbed the Marsh Verb - can't wait to try it out on some guitar tracks. I love the IATB EAR, and VNXT verbs but have also been looking for something else authentic. My Axe-FX II is great but I don't feel the on-board FX compare to what Nebula can offer ITB.
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby biscoglio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:08 am

My download for the Marsh Verb was corrupt and I haven't been able to use it. Link already expired. Really appreciate it if you could send me a fresh download link Tim. Thanks :P
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 pm

I've resent your download , everything should be fine now. ;)

Thanks
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby biscoglio » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Time - tried this on an acoustic guitar track and its definitely smooth and subtle. I can see it being quite useful and with more than just guitars. 8-)
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Update on purchases-

Bundle and 88.2 solid spring will not be available for purchase for a few days , due to a new upload.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries