Login

nebula update release date?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

nebula update release date?

Postby ludrog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am

I was just wondering if this new update will be out anytime soon as i see a lot of developers are holding off great new releases because of this.Thanks for any answer in advance! :?
ludrog
User Level I
User Level I

Re: nebula update release date?

Postby lipa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 pm

yeah.. there was not a single update for more than a year.. kinda we could finally get in the 1.3.506 area.. or at least 1.3.50505.1 :roll:
lipa

Postby Andrums » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 am

Giancarlo froze his child Nebula
Andrums

Postby richie43 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 am

Andrums wrote:Giancarlo froze his child Nebula

Wow, that's profound....I think.

What does this mean...? lol
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Andrums » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 am

richie43 wrote:[quote="What does this mean...? lol

One year-No one update
Andrums

Postby richie43 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am

I was kidding. I think it is fine with no updates. People get so hung up on updates, but it works great. What more do people want? Nebula will never write music for me, nor will it do my dishes, laundry, or listen to my worries. But it does what Nebula does very well. I am sure that any updates will introduce new features, improve performance, whatever. But it is also not simple technology, and updates should never be expected at the rate other software does.
You should check out this thread...
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 11&t=27425
It's pretty long, but it's an amazing education in Nebula, if you have the patience and the geekness in you.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 am

ahhh ... I'll ask again ....

Please ... let us get an updated MIDI implementation.
Having [CC]-Continuous Controller available for all controls is needed. This should be expanded from the current 8 faders to include the 2 Main faders AND the BYPASS button.

We also should be able to assign all CC's [including PRGCHG commands] from a specific MIDI Channel [on a individual Nebula instance].

Thank-you 8-)

---edit---

It would be nice if NAT was also fixed. Ever since the GUI version mod [forgot the exact term], NAT has been broken. Instant CRASH if window is moved. Have also lost the ability to stretch across multiple monitors. These issues have been reported many times over the year ... it is time to fix something that use to work.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 am

Ritchie, you don't have to defend Nebula.. we all love it. It works for me in every day mixing..and sounds great. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't ask for minor fixes here and there.. Midi implementation or user interface changes doesn't call for engine rewriting does they? The list of possible small enhancements is so long.. oversampling, better handling of sampling frequency change (I have to reload every single instance in project every time I change SR for a second), maximum quality for rendering button (why do I have to go to every single instance and tweak those arrows??), and on and on... :ugeek:
lipa

Postby richie43 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I apologize, I didn't mean to come off in a negative way. I know everyone on this forum supports Nebula, it is clunky and cumbersome enough to scare away anyone except for the foolish fanatics!! And to be fair, I am very happy as a Nebula user, so I didn't consider the needs of adventurous devs (RJ, for instance), and more frequent tweakers. So again, sorry if I offended anyone. And I of course agree with the need for continual development, of any product. I was just saying that I think Nebula already is in a constant state of development, but because it is not at all simple technology, that it may be much more time in between the releases than most audio software that we are used to. Any of you that are beta-testers know that the attempts at improvements are constant, it's just that having a resulting improvement that users get to enjoy are not as frequent.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:53 pm

I`ve heard too some developers need some fixes in nebula. thats the most important I think. and some wishes here means also a step forward. equal how cool nebula is for us all. maybe nebula 2.0 is near :shock:
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries