Login

Focus Comp v2 Free/donation Released!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Focus Comp v2 Free/donation Released!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi,

I've made the second version of the focus comp. It's sampled at 96khz and is to the sampling standards of my other release's

Features Timed versions and fast timed version as well as normal quality.

Hq=timed mode/high cpu,
mq=is freqd player/low cpu

UPDATE; added Nebula regular instance version(most accurate in terms of compression) Marked reg ver in menu
If you have downloaded before this message appeared 18/08/13, you can get the link for the n2p this down the page.
please visit my website for download.

Hope you enjoy it! :D

Tim
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: Focus Comp v2 Free/donation Released!!

Postby Pedro Martins » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks!!!
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

You rock Tim! Thanks! :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:36 pm

I love it! It's really good.Especially fast mode is awesome.There is no artifacts with fast attack and release times.I wish i could know how did you sample it. :mrgreen:

Thanks!
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWAN » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:21 pm

wow Tim you have done a great job on this - sounds very authentic analogue and the FAST version really is an eye opener actually...real thickness and size...although Im not crazy about the faster releases...in most Nebula programs I tend to find myself erring towards med/slower...I have found ringing on a beat I was testing on with the fast program...

Im curious what Focus comp this is as I have a compounder and I was hoping someone would do that in order to have the bass expansion as a Nebula program as it can be quite cool...

I look fwd to any other compressors you work on...
Last edited by SWAN on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks ,

If you want it to work exactly like the compressor I sampled. I can make a version for that too ,but it will only work in nebula regular..... One thing you'll notice is that the attack control does not work well on fast but I can fix this if everyone uses nebula regular only.I tried to explain this when I released TNT dynamics but I'm not sure anyone noticed. By the way TNT will be updated to these standards but I'm going to do another compressor first which is a classic. I'm willing to update entire library's if can get closer. ;)

This compressor is part of a channel strip which is dirt cheap. It's ok at what it does but it's increadibly noisy and actually I was quite surprised it sampled well. I just used this comp to experiment on.

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:12 pm

so when VBC came out there were some fairly thorough comparisons between the F*******e Red and VBC Red...so I did a comparison...

Dry, Nebula Focus, Red, VBCRed

As you can hear Red and VBC Red are very close although to me the VBC is a bit grainy on the release and also not quite as solid in the transient.

To my ears you can hear the Focus being related to these Red compressors and in this example I like the Focus a lot.
Attachments
Dry Focus Red VBC.wav
(12.63 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 pm

SWAN wrote:so when VBC came out there were some fairly thorough comparisons between the F*******e Red and VBC Red...so I did a comparison...

Dry, Nebula Focus, Red, VBCRed

As you can hear Red and VBC Red are very close although to me the VBC is a bit grainy on the release and also not quite as solid in the transient.

To my ears you can hear the Focus being related to these Red compressors and in this example I like the Focus a lot.

Thanks for that,

I have to say I prefer the nebula version ;)

What type of compressor are the others? Focus comp is a opto

Here is a version for nebula regular.
It's the most accurate in terms of compression(times etc) but Does not work in Nebula reverb.Nebula Reverb sounds better in terms of accuracy of everything else on the compressor.
Attachments
FOCUS COMPV2_REG_VER.zip
(16.47 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Great will try that later.. Yes I remember the mention of new regular...why is that?...I guess this is a humble silverline compressor but hey still sounds good...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 pm

SWAN wrote:Great will try that later.. Yes I remember the mention of new regular...why is that?...I guess this is a humble silverline compressor but hey still sounds good...

Yes a cheap silver unit but cheap isn't always bad once you take away the noise.

Ahead does not seem to work properly on neb reverb. I gave a bug report a while back, hope it will be resolved in the next update...
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries