Login

NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 pm

We are pleased to announce:
"THE COOLTEC2 MEQ-5 MID-RANGE PROGRAM EQUALIZER" For Nebula Pro!!!!!!

This collection is inspired by a Vintage MEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer from
Pulse Techniques.

The Pultec MEQ-5 is one of the most well-known and sought after devices in analog recording. It is an all-tube passive unit with massive Triad Transformers and classic Vacuum Tubes and all original parts, inductors, and everything in between.
Available Now !!!

From now through Monday, August 12, 2013, we are offering "THE COOLTEC2 MEQ-5 MID-RANGE PROGRAM EQUALIZER" for Nebula Pro for only $39 !!!

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/CT2-MEQ-5-Neb.html


Thanks so much and God Bless You.
Sincerely,
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby jeffbdavis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 pm

You make it really hard to keep my wallet in my pocket, Michael! :D
User avatar
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby kindafishy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:15 pm

What does it mean that it is "inspired by" the EQ you mentioned?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 pm

YES!!!!!

If you ask you shall receive!

Thank you.
mightymosaic
Member
Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Alright fellas, I just spent the last hour testing this baby out on different old school drum breaks and string sections And all i can say is WOW .. The Boost Cut Programs are LITERALLY Magic. The Dip Program is VERY smooth also. I don't Usually use nebula for subtractive Eq, But after hearing what it sounds like with the MEQ 5 i'm most likely going to start. Boosting the highs brings out a VERY luscious sound to the percussion elements in the old breaks i was testing out. It literally sounds like the harshness of the highs was sweetened by some tube action ( Technically it was lol )

I'm floored, this is a game Changer. I'll keep playing around for a better analysis.

P.s any chance of this library @ 44.1? Would be appreciated.
mightymosaic
Member
Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Very exciting release. Just a quick question: am I correct in thinking that the 'ALL' program sets are identical to the '1' and '2' sets other than containing the full range? And that the '1' and '2' programs are more for saving resources?
User avatar
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Miami

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:10 am

ngarjuna wrote:Very exciting release. Just a quick question: am I correct in thinking that the 'ALL' program sets are identical to the '1' and '2' sets other than containing the full range? And that the '1' and '2' programs are more for saving resources?


Correct.
mightymosaic
Member
Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:48 am

Hi There,
"inspired by" is just my of saying that these programs come directly from the Vintage Pultec MEQ-5 :-).

kindafishy wrote:What does it mean that it is "inspired by" the EQ you mentioned?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:56 am

Hi There,
Please use Nebula Pro for SRC to any sample rate.
I have done every test imaginable, and even with the highest quality converters, you get the absolute best results by simply sampling direct at 96kHz and letting SRC happen when loading the program.
It takes a second or two to do the conversion, and then it automatically gives you the extra cpu/performance.

Thanks so much for your awesome feedback on this!
It is truly an amazing EQ.
It never ceases to amaze me how the sound of tubes can come through in digital, not to mention transformers and everything else!
Nebula is so awesome!
:D


mightymosaic wrote:Alright fellas, I just spent the last hour testing this baby out on different old school drum breaks and string sections And all i can say is WOW .. The Boost Cut Programs are LITERALLY Magic. The Dip Program is VERY smooth also. I don't Usually use nebula for subtractive Eq, But after hearing what it sounds like with the MEQ 5 i'm most likely going to start. Boosting the highs brings out a VERY luscious sound to the percussion elements in the old breaks i was testing out. It literally sounds like the harshness of the highs was sweetened by some tube action ( Technically it was lol )

I'm floored, this is a game Changer. I'll keep playing around for a better analysis.

P.s any chance of this library @ 44.1? Would be appreciated.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Re: NEW Cooltec2 MEQ-5 from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:02 am

Just when I thought I have enough darned Nebula libraries.....lol. I just removed over 1000 individual presets because Nebula has reached a limit and would not recognize any more new presets....But that is just an indication of the deeper problems I have with all of this lovely "gear".....sigh..... Anyway, this library, like all of the recent EQ's from Michael, is spectacular. Like others are saying, it boosts without harshness, and unlike many Nebula EQ's that are still great at boosting, this one excels at cuts as well. New territory for Nebula EQ's, indeed. Really a sweet and "tubey" set. I have tried it on many sources already and I can't say that it is better at one thing over any other- it just sounds great!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests