Login

.ser protection..

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: .ser protection..

Postby Mplay » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Good to hear! I hadn't thought about protecting the libraries.

Maybe you can protect the the libraries individually. This way you could also make it possible to demo a full version (like 30 days) of the library. This actually is the same for nebula free imho. If people could demo full nebula with all libraries, you would leave a better impression then nebula free does. The way it works now, you need to make a leap off faith and believe the full version is worth it

Just my 2c
Mplay

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks all for the inputs. Nebula/AA product and 3rd developers copy protection are not the same thing. We can develop a copy protection that satisfy both, customers and developers. As a customer I prefer personal protection system instead a computer based one due we have several DAWs here, 24/7 web based system could be a solution. About Nebula challenger/response system, works here without any problem but several customers have problem with it due several reasons:
1. Poor explanation from Acustica Audio about the authorization method.
2. No motivation from customers to read the forum FAQ and user manuals before buy and before install AA products.
3. No automatic web based system to receive and delivery .SER files and customers KEYs.
3. No customers contingency plan (backup plan) for a HDD/DAW kaput.
4. Unrealistic customer timetables on hardware/software updates and updates.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:21 am

Copy protection never stopped piracy and only ever hurt paying customers.

Copy protection treats customers like criminals and rewards those who download pirated software.

Further more, the more difficult the copy protection the more likely it is to attract cracking groups and some copy protection will even cause people not to buy the protected software.

I read a while ago about a company a while a ago who dropped ilok protection from their product and sales actually increased!

Companies like Cukos inc and audio damage deserves medals for their handling of the piracy issue.
Martinez

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries