Login

Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Postby SpliffSplaff » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Man...i want this so bad as i pulled the trigger on the AIR Bundle today.
SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Great woirk RJ. I have a MASSIVE release in Mid July but once that is out the way I swear we will have a chat about expanding this. Thanks for your commitment to this - super work.
H
:D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:05 am

Hello fellow Nebulites !

Hello Henry ... mmm, more goodies ... look forward. :D

Alrighty then ...

Well, some interesting developments on the programming front ... there has been a design concept that I've wanted to have ... a 'Multi-TAB'ed' GUI in a VST plugin. :shock: This ability allows for some very nice concepts to happen.

Balancing a large amount of data [like for Configurations], while maintaining readability against the overall GUI size is a challenge. Trying to organize all this 'display data' is also very important. A 'multi-TAB' GUI lets us have 'pages' available that overlay the main plugin, whereby data can be grouped into categories. Easily accessible with a click on the TAB title.

The perfect candidate for this [cause it is the one I'm currently working] :roll: will be the 'KLARITIZER'.

On the http://www.UpAllNite.USweb site, I'll post an animated GUI to show this in action, but I do have some screen shots that can hint at this.

The first is the Nebula Patch page:
Clip1 - Nebula Patch screen.jpg
Nebula Patch page
Clip1 - Nebula Patch screen.jpg (49.68 KiB) Viewed 903 times

This is where you can customize the NVC-AIR to the library patches.

Next ... the AGC config page.
Clip2 - AGC Config screen.jpg
AGC config page
Clip2 - AGC Config screen.jpg (51.34 KiB) Viewed 903 times

We can now customize the GAIN Compensation on a per patch basis, automatically through the MIDI VCA-VST Pod. Each patch can be 'Unity Gain' balanced at the OUTPUT of each Nebula instances ... individually.
This is a specific design concept with the purpose that [for example], feeding Nebula with a -6 dB PEAK f/s at the INPUT, the output at Its' VCA POD is countered with a gain adjustment that outputs -6 dB f/s.

I have entered 'correction' values for each of the libraries 64 patches. Naturally, this is User entered data that can be customized and Saved in the NVC-AIR configuration file. You'll notice that all AGC values are negative gain for this library. The remote VCA plugin has a PEAK HOLD display built-in to allow easy referencing. All AGC values entered are sent in 'Real Time' to the Pod. :mrgreen:

Next TAB is holds the G-DRIVE assignment.
Clip3 - G-DRIVE screen.jpg
G-DRIVE assignment
Clip3 - G-DRIVE screen.jpg (13.05 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Not much needed in this regard for the AIR library, as there are only 2 Nebulas in play. I don't think that the Nebula 'fader' assignment can be altered by the User. This seems set by the library developer. But, the option to change is there in basic form.

The last TAB'd page is a basic ABOUT page.

... and apparently I've reached the 3 'insert' limit :roll:

... to be continued
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 am

The ABOUT page ...
Clip4 - ABOUT screen.jpg
ABOUT page
Clip4 - ABOUT screen.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Everything else goes here :lol:

We have a place to register, quick click to get to the web site, along with any additional info.

Yes, I would like to get a better look to [at least] some of these pages :roll: But the important part... we got it working 8-)

I'm at version 0.31 currently. I have been testing this out with my Reaper DAW. Not to make any 'crazy' ... well, maybe a little ... FIRST ... if you haven't purchased the AIR library yet ... you will want to !!!

If you have ...

Once we get through initial beta testing [I'm waiting to hear from my 'First Call A Team' ... cause we are just about there with this.

Then ... I will have a DEMO made available. AND, I need to get some documentation together. But really, I can't be too difficult to use ... I did it with NO documentation and being a rookie with Reaper to boot :lol:

Anyway ... I've just Mastered a country track for a writer in Nashville. The Klaritizer was a key ingredient ... the NVC-AIR made it an effortless dream to work with. The AGC works. 8-)

I need to find time to update my web site so that you can see this in action.

Oh ... and if this NVC's find support ... wait til you see what a TAB'd GUI can do with a 'switching' equalizer band :o
:mrgreen:

note: <G> or Enriques ... if you're watching ... PLEASE ... we need MIDI controllers [CC] for the main IN/OUT on NEBULA. Oh ... and another PLEASE ... allow each Nebula to have a discreet MIDI Channel assigned. Save these to separate XML files to create separate instances.
With Respect.
Thank-you.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 pm

update news ...

The multi-TAB'd windowing is fully in place and working :D

I've been focused on the AGC [AutoGainCompensation] function. What I soon found, when I was entering AGC values, that trying to keep track of which patch I was using was getting tedious. There are 64 patches in the current library :shock:

To address this ... we need 'HighLite' boxes ... for each of the 2 engines. Like this ....
Clip2 - AGC Config screen with Highlite boxes.jpg
HighLite boxes to active patch
Clip2 - AGC Config screen with Highlite boxes.jpg (52.54 KiB) Viewed 882 times

When we select a particular patch, the OUTPUT out of Nebula may not equal the INPUT. As you see in the above screen shot, each patch [given the same source] needs GAIN adjustments to maintain Unity Gain. This is where the AGC Config page comes in.

This can be monitored easily with the 'Remote VCA' plugin that displays both original 'Source' level AND the difference to 'Target' level [user selected].

When a patch is selected, via the various 'toggle' switches combined with the KNOB, Nebula will load that patch. When you go to the AGC config page, the associated AGC value is identified with 'highlite' boxes [Red - Focus, Blue - Klarity]. This makes it easy to see what patch AND its AGC value.

Editing the AGC is 'REAL TIME', so that compensation levels are instantly auditioned. Once 'Saved', these configurations 'Auto Load' as default.

It is nice to be able to maintain Unity as we make patch changes. 8-)

Now at version 0.33 , the NVC-AIR is working smooth with 2 NEBULA's set to TIMED mode. The 'Remote VCA POD' is at v: 0.5 and is working very well.
Remote VCA Pod-1.jpg
Remote VCA Pod [VST]
Remote VCA Pod-1.jpg (17.84 KiB) Viewed 882 times

I would like to improve the GUI display [colors, text, etc]. Not being a graphics designer makes this a real challenge :roll:

Along the way ... cleaning up all the extraneous code from the 'experiments' :lol:

Beta testing next up ! 8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djomardiaz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:16 pm

fantasticcccccc!!!!!!! , this will be awesome, suree!!!
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:49 am

little update news ...

Latest bit of updating have been some code optimization.

Along the way, some heavy testing and calibration with the combined NVC-AIR and the remote VCA POD [need a cooler name for it :| ]. The addition of the 'highlite' boxes together with the POD metering have made the calibration much easier. The results have been within +/- 0.5dB between Source and Output across both Nebula instances. Considering that certain patches can add +12 or more just calling up the patch :o The AutoGainCompensation [AGC] VST has brought some sanity back :lol: We can flip through preset combinations without wild level changes. 8-)

I did have one issue that came up :o Not a bug, but due to previous optimization to reduce extraneous MIDI data, when back to back patches with the same compensation value were switched, the 'level ramping' was ignored :roll: That has now been fixed ! which then lead to some better optimizations across the entire code. YEAH ! :lol:

All of my testing have been using a TIMED Nebula configuration. I think I'll be staying with this mode for my use with NVC-AIR.

Now at version 0.35 we are ready for Beta-Testing !!
8-)

WEB SITE UPDATED
http://www.upallnite.us

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SpliffSplaff » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Any news on this?
SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 pm

SpliffSplaff wrote:Any news on this?

Oh yes ... something always cooking with these NVC's.

I've not made, nor posted any formal announcements. Several new NVC controllers have been added ... will post about these later :P

A key insight was gleaned while reading through the forums.
My recent focus has been trying to simplify the User Configuration process. I believe I am very close to an 'Automatic' process that would greatly minimize customizing the NVC's to a personal library. :o

This has been part of the reason I have delayed any formal release of any of the NVC controllers. I'm trying to avoid having to deal with 'backward compatibility', as this new Auto-Config method will be the preferred way to go. [Especially for things like [possibly] doubling the number of patches for the Klaritizer.

Several additional programming concepts have also developed. Each library can be quite different ... and there are some unique function abilities that I want to have while working with them.

This is one of the reasons I began working on the largest, most spread out libraries. First, these are the most difficult to manage ... in that I mean, it is very challenging for a User to get a comprehensive feel and use of these libraries. [Ones like the Mammoth, or CDS 'Mastering Suite' ... among others].

I also want the ability to have User Config choices when it comes to designating the 'Kernel' assignment in a multi-band EQ. Additionally, to streamline the number of NEBULA instances to the absolute required to fully emulate the hardware operation. Things like this will be welcomed for 'Tracking/Mix EQ' libraries.
At this point, I don't really mind that the 'Mastering' libraries spread out ... it is not as much of an issue when dealing with a single track. In fact, having a 'glorified' MAMMOTH is extremely powerful ... and yet so easy to work with the NVC-MP.

In the background, I'm also waiting to hear any details on the mention of Nebula update. Particularly the MIDI implementation !

Not to bother GianCarlo ... but everyone should be raising their hand to expand the MIDI capability to include, at least, the 2 main IN/OUT faders AND allowing a 'Customized' Nebula to be assign a discreet listening MIDI Channel [along with its current OMNI mode]. This would greatly simplify DAW routing configuration.

Much more happening, but this is some of the latest that 'fit to print'. :lol:

Thanks for your interest and any comments, suggestions!
8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby garyk_123 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks for the update. It all sounds very promising.

I'm prepared to pester Giancarlo! Over on Gearslutz, people now know it's 'the best' but slam its workflow. Anything that gives it the look and feel of a decent algo plug is going to advance it no end. Even as a devotee, I think that this development is probably the biggest thing we've seen around here in quite a while (perhaps alongside some decent compressors).

So, Giancarlo, this is a gift from RJ. Please consider the value that NVC brings to Nebula and prioritise his requests. We'll then be one step closer to WORLD DOMINATION!!!

best
Gary
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries