Login

Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Postby vicnestE » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 am

GDrive sudden changes lead to snap sometimes.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 am

vicnestE wrote:GDrive sudden changes lead to snap sometimes.

Thank you vicnestE.

Question ... is this something you've noticed in other libraries as well ???

If that is the case ... I've already coded in a solution using the NVC-AIR using a 'damping' technique. Using this idea will slightly slow the fader response when making larger value changes. How much 'damping' to use is something we'll be testing. I cannot have a audio spike like this to be allowed ... the first time I tried it, the auto-mute kicked in ... and I nearly had an under garment change. :o

Anyway :lol: Does this happen in other libraries ??

Thanks!!!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mathias » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:04 pm

that is a behaviour i know from gdrive in all programs i used it.
it seems like a little lag between in/out.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby koda » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm

I love your work keep on... really AWESOME
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

vicnestE wrote:GDrive sudden changes lead to snap sometimes.

For the record, the only "snaps" I get with large and sudden value changes with GDrive is if the change is a huge increase, and the "snap" is the result of too much gain (like over peaking). But I never get any sounds with ctrl+click or any other quick change. Not from any of my libraries. Is this something that is unique to vicnest, or is anyone else experiencing this?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:41 am

hopefully we'll get more response to this question ...

In the meantime, I'm planning that the 'snapping' could be an issue, and have designed a 'damping' circuit to ease level transitions.

Speaking of which ...

This is a special VST that I'm designing to first work with the NVC-AIR controller ... of course, this is optional ... but I gotta tell you, it's pretty darn cool :lol:

The Klaritizer library got me started on this idea.

Each successive patch [+2, +4, ... MAX] would add more gain [level] into the track. From my initial measurements, the MAX patch for the Lift/Tight preset is +13 above INPUT level ... :o In fact, each patch has it's own change. This makes keeping a Unity gain structure throughout the chain a constant flux.

We now have a nice little VST at version 0.5 that is going to deal with this engineering issue. I'm also designing it so that the 'compensation' levels are fully user defined. 8-)

I've also added the 'damping' routine to this VST, so that level transitions are smoothed, yet fast enough for effective A/B comparisons. 8-) 8-)

This is a feature that I would like available for any of the NVC controllers, but I'll start with the NVC-AIR.

More details and pixs to follow :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djomardiaz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Will you make one for the titan eq???
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I've been using this library in a Metaplugin setup and every time I see that GIF I get excited! Unlike many I've never had too much interest in multi-banding my EQ libraries; but for this library I really do feel like neither my metaplugin setup nor the REAPER template make for very intuitive use. This controller, imo, does just that; I'm very excited.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Not to be a tease ... ok ... here's a screen shot of the current GUI design. :mrgreen:
capture2.jpg
NVC-AIR v:0.21 screen shot
capture2.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Added are the 2 'G-DRIVE' controllers for each of the engines. The display gives a dB readout according to the Nebula specification of -30 to +30 dB G-DRV. Included in the 'circuit' is a 'damping' feature to ease sudden, large drive level changes. Precision is still maintain throughout, and resolves to 2 decimal places.

Also, here's a screeny of the AGC [Auto Gain Compensation] VST.
capture2b.jpg
AGC - VST
AGC - VST [Automatic Gain Compensation]
capture2b.jpg (11.83 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Here it is shown connected to the FOCUS engine [Left side], using MIDI CH #3. A second copy goes for the Klarity side, and can use CH #4 [or whatever combination the user wants]. These AGC units get placed after each Nebula instance to help maintain 'Unity Gain'.

I'm expanding the user config portion within NVC-AIR, so that EACH patch can have a custom level compensation automatically sent to the AGC-VST for any patch combination selected.

The individual 'By-Pass' functions of the NVC-AIR also neutralizes the AGC [since the patch is no longer affecting gain]. Additionally, there is an AGC On/Off button that will disengage any AGC activity, thereby allowing the user to manually control gain how they choose.

Also included is the 'damping' feature to smooth the transition of any level changes.

This AGC is a new concept/idea that I'm designing. I like the way this is working, yet I still need more 'real-world' testing evaluating to be sure it works the way intended.

My HOPE, is that NEBULA will have its' MIDI updated to include the main IN/OUTs in the specs, and provide the elegant, professional solution ... till then, the AGC unit is the only MIDI option. [side note, the REAPER parameter modulation will NOT provide the accuracy, and is DAW limited].

I've yet to hear back from Henry [as he must be very busy]. I'm trying to kept the programming options as flexible as I can should an expanded AIR become available ... which would be most welcomed!

Even at its' current state, the NVC-AIR has again 'Klarified' my thinking and use of the AIR library. Ergonomics and work-flow are essential for focused listening and decisions.

more to come ... 8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 am

stop that, rj! :o :o :o :o
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext