Login

Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Preview - NVC-AIR - Virtual Controller for Klaritizer

Postby djomardiaz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Is it done??? is itttt doneee???, come on RJ , i need it!!! xD, i hope it will be finished soon, congratulations.
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks for the interest in the NVC-AIR !

Earlier in the thread we heard from Henry [AIR library developer], with a request for the G-Drive function. This is now being added to the NVC-AIR.

Now that G-Drive is working, I'm viewing the Nebula GUI [parameters] of the Klaritizer library and seeing 5 controllers labeled. They are:
ATTK, RELS, -,-,-, GDRV, DRIVE, LIQDT.

It is MY understanding that the ATTK & RELS are not to be considered/used with this library.
The GDRV is [and added to the NVC now].

The remaining parameter controls [DRIVE and LIQDT] are not documented that I know. At this point, I do not know whether these last 2 functions need to be included ?? Does anyone use these ?????

Henry has briefly contacted me, and when He returns [and has a moment] will share some of his thoughts and plans on this library.

From the design side, I'm trying to keep these interfaces as clean, yet informative & comprehensive, as possible. These are tools that I will [and do] use.

I can share my experience using this controller ... It is amazing how my thinking and usage has changed from the single Nebula to a integrated design. Something so simple as 'throwing' a switch, instead of manually going into the NEB browser and selecting a patch. After 30 some years, I guess I'm just too old school. :lol:

The less 'thinking', and the more listening has made the transition from pure hardware to NEBULA .... FUN ! 8-)

... please share your thoughts on what is being designed ... I'm always willing to listen and learn from everyone.

Sincerely,
RJ
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby djomardiaz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:57 am

I rarely touch drive control and i`ve never touched the liquidity .
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 am

this looks so cool! can't wait, rj!

question: in order to fully emulate the hardware, would i run your controller in parallel with the non-eq'd signal? sorry if that's a dumb question; i'm still kind of a beginner to this...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 am

Consider 64bit framework?? The project will eventually getting bigger and bigger.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 am

SWANG wrote:this looks so cool! can't wait, rj!

question: in order to fully emulate the hardware, would i run your controller in parallel with the non-eq'd signal? sorry if that's a dumb question; i'm still kind of a beginner to this...

Hi SWANG,

The NVC-AIR is a MIDI Controller [housed in a VST shell], and does not touch audio at all. Through the MIDI communication/link it commands the controls of each NEBULA plugin from a single GUI interface.

All 'audio' routing is handled and/or configured by NEBULA. You have identical 'freedom' to route NEBULA's audio anyway you want. This has no impact on the NVC.

You have raised an important consideration regarding just how audio should be routed with the Klaritizer library. Due to the amount of time I've had to invest in building these controllers, I've keep the actual audio testing in a straight 'serial' route.
With REAPER, its easy to setup a parallel route with an added JS plug. This is something I will be trying again, and with the NVC-AIR, be able to focus on listening. I will also raise this question with Henry when he contacts me.

I hope this helped to better understand how the NVC works. Asking questions is how we all can learn :)
thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

^thanks for the response, rj. much appreciated and very much looking forward to the nvc-air. :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby lipa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:19 am

Great project! I love using Henrys' Air packs and this will get us closer to using hardware! 8-)
lipa

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned, I've added a 'G-DRIVE' fader to both controller engines, including a dB readout with the scale displayed from -30 to +30dB [as to spec].

I need some user feedback on an issue I'm noticing though. The 2 Nebula's I use for the AIR library are tweaked to TIMED mode ... normally I do not use the G-DRIVE feature very often [to none], but in doing some testing, I'm getting a loud 'snap' when I reset the Drive fader back to middle position [CNTRL Left-Click]. This happens directed from the Nebula GUI interface.

Would you guys check to see if this is happening with your system too please ?!? I've not checked this yet with a 'normal' Nebula configuration [only TIMED].
Push the G-Drive fader up strong, and then reset it to 0 by CNTRL CLICK and see if you get a loud snap. TURN MONITORS DOWN to be safe.

If this is happening for others, then I will need to modify the NVC-AIR fader with a type of smooth 'ramping' control that would slow down a reset to prevent this ... but I need to know if others are having this same issue.

2nd ... I have the remote GAIN controller [VST] working. I still need to test bench levels that come out of Nebula using the various patches. There is a definite gain increase from the library compared to source level.

The plan is to [user] calibrate the difference in level, and via MIDI, send a reciprocal GAIN change to the remote Gain POD [VST] to assist maintaining Unity gain.

Although the function is optional within NVC-AIR [can be bypassed], the concept is tied to each of the 2 engine Knobs independently. When a new patch is selected [via the Knob], the remote POD will receive a MIDI instruction to alter the output level going into the next efx, or to the BUS.

Since there is no direct MIDI access to Nebula's main IN/OUT ... and the use of Reaper's parameter modulation is not sophisticated enough to handle the precision required ... I've opted for this type of solution. I currently am allowing for 2 decimal place resolution. Testing will tell us how deep to take this.

It is really nice to be able to make a patch change, like from +2 to +6 and maintain Unity gain. This idea is the first design. I have a much more advanced concept in the works. Although it can also be used with Nebula, this design idea will be for anything in the efx chain. More on this at another time :mrgreen:

So, please check your AIR library ... and maybe others !!! for a snap when doing a fast reset. This will help me if we need a solution that the NVC can provide.

Thanks!

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 am

Bumping through the spam ... and a CORRECTION !!! :o

I've edited my above post ...

I MEANT to say 'GGGGGG - Drive'. ohhhh. :roll:

Anyway ... please check your library if you can for me. Push the G-Drive fader up, then CNTRL CLK mouse to reset to 0-null position. Any loud snap ???

Turn monitors down to be careful.

Thanks.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries