Login

CDSoundMaster 1950's All-Tube Mixer/EQ Combo - GET IT NOW!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster 1950's All-Tube Mixer/EQ Combo - GET IT NOW!!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Awesome, Thanks!
I am trying to catch up on these. It is fun to produce them although the quality is nothing like I'd expect from the audio side. I think it is a fun way to get info out and increase interest in Nebula.
sheever wrote:Hey Michael

I just found your focal point eq video tutorial now.
its amazing.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I've sent yours in a PM.
I will test a new email from our webmail to see if it gets through better as well.
Thanks!
futur2 wrote:
sheever wrote:
mrmonk wrote:Hi

Is there a special discount for previous costomers?

check your mail
You ve get first all information about new releases.
I ve got my mail 3 days ago

no mail here (not in spam also)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby futur2 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 pm

CDSoundMaster wrote:I've sent yours in a PM.
I will test a new email from our webmail to see if it gets through better as well.
Thanks!

pm and email received thanks
futur2

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 pm

For previous customers:

A new email has been sent from our website address.
If you have not received a new email today from this CDSoundMaster email, please PM or email us so we can get your discount to you.
We did have several undeliverables from recent customers, so you may need to change your block email settings.

Thanks!
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby farjedi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:02 pm

There seems to be quite a dramatic increase in thd from these programs!. How have you managed this Michael?
I'm really tempted to drop on this, it's a reasonable price, but I might wait and hear some more examples of the driven harmonics, in particular I'd like to hear how overdriven a vocal can get, and how drums react to it. The loop example on your site didn't totally convince me, but then I have never used this device and only going by my memory of using tube equipment and analog distortion sound as a whole. I know you would not include something that did not calibrate with the machine you have sampled so perhaps some more audio examples would give me a better understanding of this device and it's capabilities.
Cheers...
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Farjedi,

Yes, it takes so much doing and redoing to get the right kind of highe drive to match and be accurate, but this was the right design to do it.
The reason it works is because of the design itself. You can't pretend the way something this complex is, unless you code it to work exactly the same. The xfo's are providing control of the tube path, so you get more sound color at the right amounts of drive, before change in spectrum. The result is still smooth but warm and fuzzy. This is not going to give you overdrive like a guitar amp, but what it does do is add a very large amount of overlapping color.

I can add more sound samples if you can promise to stay with me while I get it done!
I have a video to finish, then can make sound samples again, and have to finish editing the next very big eq release:)

Yes, keep in mind that the Vintage Tube Mixer/EQ combo costs the lowest price point of the classic console series, and lower than the least expensive price point for an eq, and you get both in one collection! I wanted to make sure every single user got a shot at this one!

farjedi wrote:There seems to be quite a dramatic increase in thd from these programs!. How have you managed this Michael?
I'm really tempted to drop on this, it's a reasonable price, but I might wait and hear some more examples of the driven harmonics, in particular I'd like to hear how overdriven a vocal can get, and how drums react to it. The loop example on your site didn't totally convince me, but then I have never used this device and only going by my memory of using tube equipment and analog distortion sound as a whole. I know you would not include something that did not calibrate with the machine you have sampled so perhaps some more audio examples would give me a better understanding of this device and it's capabilities.
Cheers...
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby farjedi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks michael, yes I can wait as I'm interested in this one in particular, appreciate you taking the time to make more examples.
Cheers...
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby greekpeet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:39 am

This program is simply superb, and find it an extreme honor to be an early adopter.

The harmonic content is so incredibly musical, helping separate the individual mix components, yet blend and add dimension at the same time. At times I find the programs to do less than neutral things to the individual sources so its very advised to not just batch render a whole slew of these without hearing them through out the mix. I did some quality extensive testing between the other console programs I have purchased and find these programs on their own add a sense of electricity and air to the music. Its simply an un-escapable quality you won't find in any other program, sits well on its own and or blends perfectly with other tube, and solid state pres, consoles, and eqs.

I'm also finding now that when I go to blend the tracks tonally with eq, I don't have to work as much, as this program does so much of the work, and everything else is icing now. So with that being said I can see big uses in conjunction with the already excellent Alex B and CDSoundmaster consoles to compliment them in a way not found IN ANY OTHER PROGRAM for Nebula.

Also I'm thinking that on top of the line/mic programs the HS/LS programs provided in this release won't be overkill in combination. The LS can add depth to the low end, in bass heavy passages without adding woof, or uncontroled/unmusical boom. The top end is clear, bright, yet not surgically clean sounding.

As now I'm sure people will think "oh another console program", when in fact its quite a game changer...

It sounds beautiful on VST instruments, live percussion, and about everything in-between.

Also I find the discount cost as a no brainer which is less than a dinner out for two people you can have an amazing new tube program. BTW, this program is one of the best representations of what a 'driven' tube and that not so subtle tube flavor to the Nebula universe.

Another fantastic and amazing release from Michael.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 am

What can I say? That is exactly what I hoped to hear and achieve with this release. I knew this one would catch on!

OK, so I was asked get another audio sample to show the progression of gain, overdrive, higher gain examples in this collection.

I messed with several different types of combinations and instruments to try to give the best example. After a few hours, I found a guitar part from one of my songs from a few years back that I think is a perfect example.

This was a guitar that I liked the tone on. I worked at it pretty hard, but it still lacked the real personality needed.

The first rep is the track as it was recorded. The following reps. are all settings from the Bogen. I cannot remember every exact setting, but nothing other than Bogen presets were used, and I can say that up to the limit of overdrive that Nebula does, this sounds identical to the physical unit's abilities to softly drive, overtly re-tune, to add slight edge, to get fizzy, or get warm and fuzzy.

The second rep is just running through drive to give a more pronounced sense of attitude- properly using the harmonic overtones to make the notes more pronounced. After that, I used combinations of scoop boost and cut programs to show the range of drive tones available. You will hear how it can warm up like eq but with extra harmonics, and you will hear it go from slight saw-edginess to spitty fizziness, to actual re-tuned frequency-dependent fuzz-box overdrive.

Listen here:
http://monumentalaudio.com/GUITAR-B4-AFTER.mp3

I hope this is useful.
Thanks!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

Michael, the new guitar demo is amazing. Almost like reamp..way too dramatic changes :)
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries