Login

MIDI Virtual Controller for MammothEQ- NVC-MP demo available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

MIDI Virtual Controller for MammothEQ- NVC-MP demo available

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:36 am

Using Industry Standard MIDI Protocol, the first in a planned series of [N]EBULA [V]irtual [C]ontroller is now available.

NVC-MP Virtual Controller for the AITB Mammoth EQ
capture3.jpg
screen shot
capture3.jpg (153.36 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

Now available as a Windows VST [32bit] format for all compatible DAWs.

Although the original design had been working months ago, the requirements for a public release quadrupled the development time. We have had several beta-test runs, and have included a few small changes in this first release v1.1

As I'm dealing with an unforeseen, family medical event, I have made the decision to release the DEMO, along with the documentation in a somewhat readable form.

Within these docs are instructions. Some a very important to get the setup correct and working. My primary test DAW is REAPER. I can try to be helpful as I can.

Also available for REAPER users, is a pre-built FXChain. IMPORTANT !!! It uses MY file naming for the custom Nebula .DLL that is built for the AITB Mammoth EQ. Also, in order for MIDI to work within REAPER, there are 2 Reaper Plugins needed [free]. I've also included them in the Reaper file for convenience.

Also important. NEBULA must have it's MIDI settings made. I prefer editing [basically a copy/paste] of a small section of the XML file. Instructions/example are in the docs.

This is new territory for some, particularly involving NEBULA. So take your time getting things set up. For some this is simple and straight forward. Once the initial setup is in and works, things get much easier.

Ask questions if you need. Hopefully members with much more experiences can help out. I'll do the best I can to help.

I've tried to make this demo as comfort as possible ... but it is a demo. There is an interrupt screen and the NVC will go into bypass for a short period. I hope that this is acceptable, and allows you to experience NEBULA in a very powerful way.

For those interested, registering will be made available along with the price TBA.

Again, thank-you for your patients. I truly hope you find the precision and work-flow a positive experience.

Sincerely

RJHollins [Up All Nite]

http://www.upallnite.us

Download links are at bottom of page ... now active links opening to a new page. [the magical chain 'link' button] :)

I've had to resort to DropBox until Hoster adds back the file option.
thx
Last edited by RJHollins on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: NVC-MP DEMO Released

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 am

no comments ?
:oops:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby psound » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 am

Looking good. Mac guy here so unfortunately I can't try it out, but I'm still curious how this comes along.
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Postby david1103 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:05 am

This looks really interesting!

Maybe you should add the words '[V]irtual [C]ontroller' to the thread title. People might not click the thread not knowing what is on offer here.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: MIDI Virtual Controller for MammothEQ- NVC-MP demo avail

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks David. Edited thread title :)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Pablo1980 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 am

So, has anybody got it working in cubase so far?
Thanks
Pablo1980
User Level III
User Level III

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 am

Pablo1980 wrote:So, has anybody got it working in cubase so far?
Thanks

Hello Pablo,

Yes. One of the beta tester was using Cubase on Win7
and was working.

Is there anything specific we could try and help with ?

RJ

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Pablo1980 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:27 am

I will give it a spin tomorrow and let you know I if I can get it running.

Maybe if the beta tester would describe the process so we can have it more easily

Thanks!
Pablo1980
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Vando » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Pablo,
how's your testing with Cubase?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 am

Hi Vando,

I was hoping that my Cubase tester would have stopped in to provide some detail.

Maybe will catch the thread bump.

In the meantime, if there is help I can offer, I'll do my best. Though I'm not versed with Cubase, the basic concept of MIDI routing still follow the same principals.

One point to keep in mind ... to get started, you do NOT need to have all 13 NEBULAs loaded up.

With this initial design, I polled the forum and most everyone wanted a controller that could handle the full library without restriction. The NVC-MP allows for a Mammoth setup that exceeds the capabilities of the actual hardware. I'm very glad I did it this way, as I also use this configuration in Mastering work.

I should also mention that there is a design 'logic' that I've worked up [while designing for the Klarity - NVC-AIR controller] that will mirror the functionality of the hardware. It could be called the NVC-MP Junior :lol: This version of the NVC will have 4 bands plus filters. This adds up to 5 Nebulas needed to mirror the operation of the hardware unit.

Still, the current NVC-MP can be configured to 5 Nebulas and have full control. It's just not the streamline GUI that the 'JR' version will be.

I'll post more on this new controller later.

Again, if there are questions ... please asked. The summer traffic has been lite, but hopefully we can help.

Thanks.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries