Login

Cal Dl1656 vca Limiter release UPDATE 27/02/14

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cal Dl1656 vca Limiter release

Postby richie43 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

cps418 wrote:I was asking for a functional demo. When something is transparent, an audio demo tells you nothing.

With all due respect, I think that it is friendly when a dev offers a demo version of a program, but I would not let it stop me from buying from them, especially when their prices are so gosh-darned reasonable. I feel that the time and effort that goes into them making a separate plugin then needs to be compensated by them raising their prices on the full versions so that they are not working for free. Can you imagine a dev like Henry, who almost gives his presets away, was also expected to provide us with a free version (which sometimes needs to be reconfigured, it is it's own product)?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:16 pm

I would love to offer a demo. However, for this one I can't think of a way to do it. Just because its simple in its function, a small pack of the final product and doing lower quality demo would not give you the idea of the unit.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:13 am

Richie please do not make me sound ungreatfull, other devs. Have offered demos in the past, so I do not think it is out of line for me to ask for a demo. Raise the price because of a demo sounds out there. As for tim, I do respect your response. If something is so simple a demo would equal giving it away for free.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:32 am

cps418 wrote:Richie please do not make me sound ungreatfull, other devs. Have offered demos in the past, so I do not think it is out of line for me to ask for a demo. Raise the price because of a demo sounds out there. As for tim, I do respect your response. If something is so simple a demo would equal giving it away for free.

I was not making you out to be anything, so I apologize for coming off that way. I test for many of the devs, and am in pretty involved communication with them when testing is going on. I can tell you confidently that, as I said, the devs that do offer demo programs are doing so by their own choice for whatever reasons that they have to do so, but it still is compiling a separate plugin, which takes time (which translates into money). I only know of one or 2 that are not slightly raising prices to justify this extra work, especially because none of them are making that much from Nebula preset sales anyway. Yes, that is their choice and it is nice of them. All I am saying is that if a dev makes the decision not to provide a free demo, then I am hoping that people understand why (because perhaps that they have decided that they can not justify the time and effort required to provide a free product) and respect that. Again, I apologize if you felt like I was attacking you, because I am not.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Owen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:16 am

Tim,

I think one of the challenges here is that this unit isn't particularly well known from what I can see. Some audio demos are probably required. I've just done some brief searching and it's hard to tell what the real device does to a signal, the few comments that can be found suggest the hardware provides relatively "transparent" compression with some suggestion that it sounds a bit "like old N**e" (whatever that might mean!?).

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am

I will do a audio demo soon........ 8-)
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:44 pm

sound samples added to the first post.

Cheers
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Update coming soon!

Improved release times,
Clarity improved,
Improved ambience!

This will be a big improvement over the original release!

Previous Customers will receive download information when complete.

Introductory offer ends this Saturday.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 pm

I already like this library, so an upgrade is very cool.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello,

I've sent updates to all customers.
If you did not recieve the update please let me know (PM me please)

This update has the following,
Better ambiance ,smoothness and clarity. Release times are greatly improved..

Thanks

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries