Login

pioneer analog echo/reverb, free reverb set! FULL SET IS UP

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

pioneer analog echo/reverb, free reverb set! FULL SET IS UP

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 pm

ever since i started doing this i've always wanted to release a set of useful stuff for free, but i never seemed to have the free time for it. custom tremolo started out with the idea of being a free release but i got more and more ideas and eventually i got to the point where i didn't want to just give it away. so with this set i decided to do something different and actually give away the whole set for free, un-crippled, with the only limitation of being limited to 3k.

i think most reverbs out there are 3k at most so i think this isn't such a bad limitation.

they are made from a pioneer sr 60 which is a quirky unit that was for use with stereo systems to make the music you listened to sound like it was 'live' in some arena or whatever. this was actually a bit of a trend with a few brands offering such units. the earlier ones used springs, but this one used a bucket brigade chip. i'm not aware of anyone else sampling any kind of BBD reverb/echo so i thought it might be a nice addition.

the unit doesn't have any way to adjust anything, and it only has 3 different 'presets' basically. one is essentially redundant so that leaves two, an echo and a 'reverb'. the reverb is basically just the echo with feedback. i cracked the unit open and found a trim pot. when i turned it, it did stuff. one thing it does is increase distortion drastically at extreme positions. i sampled this internal trim-pot to create programs where you can adjust it. i think it's a first to have sampled controls in a neb reverb (not sure), and it's nice to have a little bit of tune-ability.

there will be a full(er) version of the set up for sale later, with another first (afaik) in that the programs in it go up to 10k. with the free release set, the trim-pot control isn't AS influential as it is with the full 10k versions, but you should still be able to hear a difference when you adjust it. the 10k versions are a bit thicker all around, with this being an analog echo/reverb.

there are 6 different effects here. 3 echos, 3 reverbs. the 4 extra ones were made with some trickery that i'll probably explain later. the set is free but only works with full nebula (not free). i'll announce the full set when it's ready in this same thread. the difference between the full 10k programs and the 3k ones you can get here for free isn't HUGE, but if you like these and would like them with a thicker sound, and would like to contribute to my efforts, you can buy the full set when it comes out. if for whatever reason you don't want to or can't buy the full set when it's out but like the free set and continue using it, that's also cool!

the set was basically a fun little distraction for me but i think they provide something unique that hopefully some people find useful.

update- full set is up. get the free set and/or check out the full set here.
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: cup release- pioneer analog echo/reverb, free reverb set

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm

i forgot to mention in the text that comes with the set that they are all found in the 'REV' then '60' sub-category for 96khz and '60*' for 44khz sets.

there are send versions of each program that are set up for send use, with the dry signal dropped out and a feedback control added. feedback isn't in the standard programs because the dry signal is included in nebula's feedback path for some reason (which is bad), and i can't change that. but anyway, i just made these send versions before uploading, but i have been playing around with them and i have to say- check the feedback out. do be careful (some of the progs are more sensitive to it than others), but definitely try the feedback. :)
Last edited by Cupwise on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Has any one got an audio sample?
Definity

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 pm

what do you mean?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby evaderod » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:12 am

Thank you Mr Cup, i look forward to trying them.
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby SWANG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:09 am

sweet! looking forward to trying this. :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 am

Definity wrote:Has any one got an audio sample?

For one, these are so new no one has made audio samples.... Also, they are free, so just download them and make your own audio samples silly!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby rugunation » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 am

Thank you for this wonderful release, I tried it on some vocals that I have been working on and it is very nice I must say.

Guys don't hesitate on this one get it while you can!
"Music is a mission not a competition" -Rugu Nation

https://www.facebook.com/rugunation
http://rugunation.com
rugunation
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Vando » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Just tested these verbs. Sound very good. Thanks!!!
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jeffbdavis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks, Tim! :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries