Login

MEQ-5 ?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

MEQ-5 ?

Postby mightymosaic » Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm

The title says it all, why hasn't this been created yet . its boggling my mind lol
mightymosaic

Re: MEQ-5 ?

Postby SWANG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 am

michael indicated a while back that a pultec meq library was in the works. he's a busy guy, but i'm sure he'll give us an update on it soon.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 pm

That will be a dream come true for those freqs
mightymosaic

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:06 am

Hi there,
yes, the original MEQ is still available and in the plans. I have been so busy! Currently I am completing a restoration of an extremely rare, all-original console channel that should be ready for final testing of hardware in the next week. There are lots of updates, tests, and announcements going on, so I know it makes it hard to wait for the things that are not yet released, but I promise plenty of exciting releases as it goes along! :-)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:00 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Hi there,
yes, the original MEQ is still available and in the plans. I have been so busy! Currently I am completing a restoration of an extremely rare, all-original console channel that should be ready for final testing of hardware in the next week. There are lots of updates, tests, and announcements going on, so I know it makes it hard to wait for the things that are not yet released, but I promise plenty of exciting releases as it goes along! :-)

Rarer than A-range ??
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Vicnest :-)
I'm about to post the ARQ. The ARQ is my favorite reproduction A-Range. It is the only one to survive benchmarking against the last remaining originals.
It has some unique features in the high/low pass as I'll share in its post.
But, yes the console channel I am restoring is very rare. It isn't as rare as an original "A" but it is, in my opinion, the absolute ultimate in vibe and color along a VERY similar line :-) But, I need to not say anymore because I still have to test it even though the work is complete! My hopes are high that it will come out perfect. Repro's of the channel that is coming are numerous, but you just don't find originals anymore.

vicnestE wrote:

Rarer than A-range ??
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mightymosaic » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 am

Bump! This is an important release. :)
mightymosaic

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 am

I will have some news on this very soon.
I believe that it will be good news!
:)

mightymosaic wrote:Bump! This is an important release. :)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Enclave » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 am

vicnestE wrote:

Rarer than A-range ??

I chuckled :D
Enclave
User Level III
User Level III

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am

Well, since there were only 13 original A-Ranges ever made, the only thing more rare in that sense, would be that each original Helios was an individual custom console as well.

But, this one had a first popular new series version followed by a slightly more affordable version. Almost all of them that exist are the more affordable version, and almost all have already been parted out or are still in use. Finding any that are separated out just doesn't happen, and finding someone to work on them that truly knows what they are doing- equally a challenge.

Here's the blog- it will soon be revealed :-)
http://blog.clubvst.com/2013/07/10/resu ... t-one.aspx

Recording has been successful. A huge challenge as expected, as it requires tons of multiple passes to get the best position for each section of EQ.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries