Login

MIC-Pack - Free Programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

MIC-Pack - Free Programs

Postby mathias » Fri May 24, 2013 6:23 am

here are some free programs from my experiments with sampling mics a while ago.

quite strong in colouring, so nothing for fans of transparency and subtleties ;)
but hear and test yourself ...
sampling was done with one of the best AD converters available and :twisted: normal studioquality cabling :lol:
i hope every little detail got through ... ;)

you can download them here (there is a README with information in the zip-file!):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/943 ... ackage.zip

here is another little mixtoy, that gets good use here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/943 ... tpedal.zip

i already posted the boosterpedal a long time ago, just to bring this to the surface again ... :D

maybe it's useful for some of you out there,
best,
mathias
Last edited by mathias on Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Re: MIC-Pack - Free Programs

Postby adam73 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 am

thank you mathias, much appreciated :D
adam73
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:58 pm

I've been really enjoying mic programs lately. This is a very welcome addition, thank you Mathias!!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Mon May 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks mathias.I really like your Mic programs.

Thoughts about programs;

AKGTube XY Long&Short are awesome with drum overheads.And they are really useful when recording acoustic guitar with overhead mics and guitar amp.

AKG C451 is good to me with basic electret mic.It's adding warmth and clarity.Using it with overheads and acoustic guitar.

AKG-Tube 3K is legendaddy!It's adding warmth,body,clarity to lifeless records.With acoustic and guitar amp this is great!It can add body to every tracks.And it's great with snare!(BTW which mic is this?)

MD421...I don't know..Yeah! it's good,too. :mrgreen: It's useful with snare and toms if you don't like drum samples.Maybe with guitar amp.

Again and again thanks!
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby emilieitor » Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Thank you for the mics, Mathias!!

AKG C451 is good to me with basic electret mic.It's adding warmth and clarity.Using it with overheads and acoustic guitar

And hi-hat too probably.

Tuncan, you are turkish, aren´t you?. I was a turkish girlfriend called Semanur, she was from Samsun. I have visited Istambul a pair of times. I have a very beautiful memorie of your country.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Tuncan, you are turkish, aren´t you?. I was a turkish girlfriend called Semanur, she was from Samsun. I have visited Istambul a pair of times. I have a very beautiful memorie of your country.

Yes,i am.And i'm happy for you.Istanbul is really great city.

And hi-hat too probably.

Right!
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mathias » Tue May 28, 2013 1:31 am

Tunca Küçük wrote:Thanks mathias.I really like your Mic programs.

Thoughts about programs;

AKGTube XY Long&Short are awesome with drum overheads.And they are really useful when recording acoustic guitar with overhead mics and guitar amp.

AKG C451 is good to me with basic electret mic.It's adding warmth and clarity.Using it with overheads and acoustic guitar.

AKG-Tube 3K is legendaddy!It's adding warmth,body,clarity to lifeless records.With acoustic and guitar amp this is great!It can add body to every tracks.And it's great with snare!(BTW which mic is this?)

MD421...I don't know..Yeah! it's good,too. :mrgreen: It's useful with snare and toms if you don't like drum samples.Maybe with guitar amp.

Again and again thanks!

hi tunca,

thanks for the feedback!
nice to hear your perception of my mic-programs. i have similar opinions in most cases.
they can really make a difference in giving flat/lifeless recordings/loops a natural feeling.
all the micprograms that are named akg tube, are made with the relatively new akg perception 820 tube. its a great mic, with a distinct personal sound.
the stereoprograms use two of them.

and yes, the agk tube 3k can give some body and warmth - look at the frequencycurve 8-)
as i said in the readme-file (recommended to read!!! :D ), this was kind of an accident. i was aiming at a more flat frequencyresponse and got this.
it sounded great, so ... :lol:

best greetings and good luck with your own sampleexperiments,

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby evaderod » Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Thank you Mathias,

I will try them out!
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Manta » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:52 am