Login

NVC TESTERS NEEDED!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

NVC TESTERS NEEDED!!

Postby richie43 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 pm

This is copied from another thread I just posted on. I apologize for the double-post, but I really want to get the attention of some testers)
I need to throw in a request in behalf of RJ, and in behalf of wanting to see this released to the community of crazy Nebula users.....
Any of you folks out there who are excited about this possibility and are not Reaper users, consider helping out by testing (and thus help develop) this thing. RJ made this using Reaper, and I tested using Reaper, so that means as of right now, THIS IS A REAPER ONLY PLUGIN. If people who use other DAW's want to see this work in other DAW's, you need to step up and help make that happen. I test for a large number of devs for the main purpose of contributing to the advancement (and subsequent release) of amazing tools that I happen to love to use. I have good computer savvy but do not code well, so this is how I feel part of the development of some awesome things. The devs do the hard part, we testers offer up time and computers to find the issues, report back, and this goes back and forth until most testers consistently stop having the issues. Testers do not need to be developers, so if you are hesitant because you feel like you don't have enough know-how, you mostly need to be willing and excited about helping. If you can't or won't test due to time factors of a nervousness about putting your systems at risk, then you need to be patient about these possible releases, and maybe accept that they sometimes will not be released due to lack of enough varied testers. And regarding the "risks"; most plugins are not deeply installed applications. I have 3 systems, and my main DAW is indeed a production DAW that I rely on and need to have working, and I have never had a slow-down due to things I was testing. Definitely ensure that you trust the dev before putting their files on your precious DAW, but after that, I can say that my DAW has only gone up in flames and exploded in a fiery blast a few times while testing....lol.
Jump in and help RJ make this thing happen for more people. By the way, I am doing this because I don't want to be too selfish; I am a Reaper user and already know how cool this is. I use my testers version already and could gloat and brag about how cool it is, but I wouldn't do that to you all..... oops, just did. Send RJ a PM with your email address and system specs, and let's see this happen.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: NVC TESTERS NEEDED!!

Postby SWAN » Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 pm

ok I'll give it a try in Live. Will PM 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 pm

SWAN wrote:ok I'll give it a try in Live. Will PM 8-)

Awesome SWAN.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mrtrip » Mon May 20, 2013 9:44 pm

I just sent a PM - I'm Cubase 7.04
mrtrip
User Level I
User Level I

Postby gurth » Mon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm

I pmed yesterdaymorning but did not get any response,
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby rods » Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi, I'd like to test it i Samplitude Pro X.
Rods
rods
User Level V
User Level V

Postby RJHollins » Tue May 21, 2013 1:11 am

Hello everyone,

Apologies for delay in getting to this thread.

Wanna hear something funny ... sure ...

Just finding out a small feature on my new website is currently NOT available. You guessed it ...

uploading a file :shock: :o
:lol: yea ... :roll:

Apparently this 'feature' has not yet made it into their v7 SiteBuilder interface.

Currently looking into other alternatives ... none seem that appealing. There was mention of links to 'DropBox', 'Box' ... rebuild the site from scratch, to cancelling the account and finding a different provider.

back soon with other info :|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am

RJ- I just emailed you. But regarding Dropbox; it is awesome and simple. If you are at all hesitant, I have 6GB's storage on Dropbox (beta-tested for them in trade for space), and have server space on my own site. I am on board for this crazy creation you have, so if you want me to upload this for users, I can do it quickly and have this moving forward. That would buy you time to sort out your own stuff and still help move this cool project towards completion. We have some willing suckers.... :shock: erm, I mean testers :mrgreen: , so let's get them the files!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue May 21, 2013 3:16 am

Alright GANG !

We are working on a temp solution.

I need to handle a few things, then get some time to attend to this.

Meantime ... we need contact emails from interested testers. I have received a few already, but others just expressed interest. Be sure I have them in the PM.

We'll get this rolling.

Thank-you.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Lol. Great minds think alike...... These guys ought to have coffee together and chat.....
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26441&p=57707#p57707
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries