Login

AITB authorization problems.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB authorization problems.

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 am

Weird but nice find!
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 am

what is that program doing (mac drive)?
maybe we get some hints, what the underlying problem is.
mathias

EDIT:
i did some searching for mac drive. it seems to be a low level disk driver, which maybe messes the drives up in windows. if the AITB-auth is tied to the drive, this could easily cause disturbance.
another user reported problems with switching to an external usb-drive. excerpt from another thread:

" AITB report some issues with AUT and extra HDDs conected thru USB/FW. In addition sometimes run a windows registry cleaner helps like Piriform ccleaner portable v 3.00.

I suspect this is the case....I switched to a different USB drive. I often do this with lots of external storage holding different projects."
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby mchillak » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:48 am

Another problem I was noticing was that my Cubase config file kept being reset. So you definitely could be right. Its kind of a shame cause it was nice to be able to run mac drives on my pc, i am gonna get in touch with the people @ Mac Drive and see if they can figure out why this is happening.

i will post if I find out anything.

Thanks!
mchillak
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 am

Thank you for report.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm

I lost my authorisation again today...this time no change to hard drives but I have added a 2nd monitor (touchscreen).

AITB told me the protection system should be almost identical to Nebula but Neb keeps on working no matter what I change!

If this is because of the added monitor then the choices made for the authorisation are very poor IMO.
Grim

Postby giancarlo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 pm

yes it should be the same...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Grim » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm not holding out too much hope on a fix for this to be honest as AITB said that the bug would need to be fixed by you (Giancarlo) but as there is no bug with Nebula & it's the same protection then presumably you aren't working on any fix??
Grim

Postby richie43 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:51 am

I am having similar but stranger problems regarding AITB and authorization. I just received 5 projects from a collaborator in which he used many AITB presets from libraries that I own as well. But all of the AITB libraries failed to load, I got the dreaded Init message. I closed the project, reopened Reaper and checked my Nebula presets and all of the AITB work. Then I opened his projects and all of them continue to fail. Any ideas about this?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Could be his are the new protected libraries & yours are pre protection??
Maybe worth also checking your datapaths are the same...not sure if that could make a difference.
Init may just means no preset is loaded because it wasn't found rather than it's not authorised??

Further trouble for me today; Having re-authorised yesterday, I checked this morning & authorisation is gone again!
This time no hardware change, the only thing I can think of is that I might have switched which of the dual monitors was my primary.

Don't think I hve any option but to give up on this for now.
Grim

Postby graincloud » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Yo!

I have the exact same problem

I've been in touch with AITB support, we tried things, at first i thought i found the solution but no! the problem is back.

on some particular sessions opening old projects involving docfear or mammoth show "init" and trying to load new instances of those libraries doesnt work
(everything else, any other library i got are working just fine)

the only solution i found is : clean the registry and reboot right after doing so.... then i load my projects and the EQs loads

but another session later, and bug is back and gotta clean and reset again... quite boring on a busy day!

AITB told me the protetcion is based on your hardware and that hardware changes may affect the copy protection. Fine! but i need my virtual drives (Daemontools), my external hdd, my usb keys, etc etc and really havent the time to troubleshoot all this.

i can understand AITB's difficulties and they have been trying to help me, but i dont like when the paying customer suffers of copy protection systems. Maybe it's time to find a new one, or drop it if its too much hassles :mrgreen:
graincloud
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries