Login

AITB starts new product line (Unique Mixing Tools / UMT)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AITB starts new product line (Unique Mixing Tools / UMT)

Postby analoginthebox.com » Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm

We are happy to introduce our new "Unique Mixing Tools" product line. While previous releases were focused mainly on the emulation of high-end hardware, the "Unique Mixing Tools" are of a very different kind: Each library has been created by modifiying, combining, and sometimes even "abusing" a vast range of analog hardware. From tube guitar amps to old hifi decks: We sampled everything that we liked to use in extraordinary mixing and tracking sessions.

The results provide you unique tone shaping tools that are exclusively available in "Nebula-Land"!

Because most libraries are based on a small number of samples and the fact that those products will ship "raw" without installers and manual we can offer them at an incredible price! However, they are built of the same distinctive quality that you know from our boutique releases.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Release #1: BossQ

Based on a graphic equalizer from the 70s. It was an important tone shaper in the signal chain of Eddie Van Halen's guitar sound. Maybe the sound can be compared a little bit to the punchy A*I style.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Release #2: TwangMojoQ

TwangMojoQ is the propably most characterful Nebula EQ. It is derived from the tonestack of a famous tube driven guitar amp. The library consists of 3 different types of the high shelf filter that use up to 7 kernels for harmonic distortion!

The flagship of the library, the "TMojoQ Type3 7K" high shelf will add a nice grittiness by the harmonic distortion while still adding a very pleasant high end to your tracks!

Q: Who should take a closer look on this library?
A: Anyone who likes to use an extraordinary high shelf filter with tons of character!

Q: Who should skip this release?
A: Anyone who is looking for yet another studio classics emulation.

Q: What was the idea behind this EQ?
A: We used the hardware setup to brighten up a pair of dark drum overheads (we used Coles 4038). The results were stunning as we emphasized the "beef" of those ribbons while clearing the track at the same time. Our go-to EQ on that vintage early-reggae drum overheads!
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: AITB starts new product line (Unique Mixing Tools / UMT)

Postby SWAN » Sun May 19, 2013 5:00 pm

oooh very cool...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:14 pm

These are great everyone. They cost pennies and are so different from any other libraries. Very cool stuff. I helped test a few of these new concoctions, and while I can't leak what's to come, anyone who is interested in VERY cool and unique analogue tone with Nebula should keep their eyes (and ears!) on AITB and their coming releases......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby lipa » Mon May 20, 2013 1:00 am

yeah! interesting release and more interesting the whole library line! how many bands can we get from one program? how does it work generally? it's a graphic eq so I would like as many bands simultaneously as possilble.. I would be happy to read the manual too.. ;)
lipa

Postby nino » Thu May 23, 2013 9:55 am

I promised to buy next AITB release whatever it would be and I did :D

Smells nice
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby analoginthebox.com » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Release #2: TwangMojoQ

TwangMojoQ is the propably most characterful Nebula EQ. It is derived from the tonestack of a famous tube driven guitar amp. The library consists of 3 different types of the high shelf filter that use up to 7 kernels for harmonic distortion!

The flagship of the library, the "TMojoQ Type3 7K" high shelf will add a nice grittiness by the harmonic distortion while still adding a very pleasant high end to your tracks!

Q: Who should take a closer look on this library?
A: Anyone who likes to use an extraordinary high shelf filter with tons of character!

Q: Who should skip this release?
A: Anyone who is looking for yet another studio classics emulation.

Q: What was the idea behind this EQ?
A: We used the hardware setup to brighten up a pair of dark drum overheads (we used Coles 4038). The results were stunning as we emphasized the "beef" of those ribbons while clearing the track at the same time. Our go-to EQ on that vintage early-reggae drum overheads!
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Most people here have probably figured out that I test for some of the devs, so I can't pretend to be unbiased about my opinions on their products. But I can promise you that if I have tested something and didn't like it at release time, I would never bad-mouth it since everyone has their own likes/dislikes, but I also wouldn't bother saying good things either; I would just lay low and wait for it to succeed or fail. So...... I am really loving the TwangMojoQ quite a bit. When AITB called it "characterful", there were still playing it down a little. This library may be sampled from a guitar amp (and sounds awesome on guitars!), but I have been also REALLY liking it's top end on vocals, acoustic instruments, and room/ambience mics. I love the fact that AITB is releasing unique and "tone-rich" libraries. There are so many cool libraries of classic vintage gear, and we all know that is the foundation and allure of Nebula in the beginning. But AITB (as well as a few other devs) are reaching "outside of the box" for in the box mixing, and I think that they are doing a great job for us users. My only complaint is that I am STILL waiting for a Nebula version of one of these lo-fi reverbs....... Hello AITB......... (lol)
Attachments
RadShackVerb.jpg
RadShackVerb.jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 818 times
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ronnieg » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Yep loving the Twang Mojo.
Fitted straight into my latest mix.

I do love the emulations of the old retro gear but these
"quick fix" patches that the devs are doing really work for me.

Ronnie
Ronnieg
User Level II
User Level II

Return to 3rd party libraries