Login

NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Postby sneaky » Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 pm

I would like to try this. can we download it or can I request to be a tester?
sneaky

Postby richie43 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:02 am

sneaky wrote:I would like to try this. can we download it or can I request to be a tester?

I suggest that you PM RJ. He will be especially excited if you use another DAW besides Reaper!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun May 19, 2013 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

I've recently made contact with some key devs and the Acoustica staff regarding configurations for DAWs other than REAPER.

Even though I have no reported issues with REAPER, I would like to avoid possible multi versions of the demo until I can get some sense what other DAW's need.

Apologies for the release delay ... this is new territory for me, and I would prefer to minimize confusion or frustration.

As it stands, I'm looking for very experienced testers running something other than Reaper that have keen knowledge of MIDI routing within their DAW. This will also require clear documentation on how this works, as I would have no way to test or verify.

From all the PM's and emails I've received, I can understand the desire to get hands on ... but I don't want to stir a crazy situation ... no time for that really.

As mentioned ... I need a bit more time for this.

Thanks for the understanding :)

Sincerely,

RJH
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Sun May 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Wow! What a project! Congratulations Rj Hollins! ;) I hope we all will able to check how it works pretty soon.. or maybe I missed something in this thread..
lipa

Postby babiuk » Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 am

I am so excited about this tool, it will be a new age for nebula.
Maybe nebula world 2.0? ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I need to throw in a request in behalf of RJ, and in behalf of wanting to see this released to the community of crazy Nebula users.....
Any of you folks out there who are excited about this possibility and are not Reaper users, consider helping out by testing (and thus help develop) this thing. RJ made this using Reaper, and I tested using Reaper, so that means as of right now, THIS IS A REAPER ONLY PLUGIN. If people who use other DAW's want to see this work in other DAW's, you need to step up and help make that happen. I test for a large number of devs for the main purpose of contributing to the advancement (and subsequent release) of amazing tools that I happen to love to use. I have good computer savvy but do not code well, so this is how I feel part of the development of some awesome things. The devs do the hard part, we testers offer up time and computers to find the issues, report back, and this goes back and forth until most testers consistently stop having the issues. Testers do not need to be developers, so if you are hesitant because you feel like you don't have enough know-how, you mostly need to be willing and excited about helping. If you can't or won't test due to time factors of a nervousness about putting your systems at risk, then you need to be patient about these possible releases, and maybe accept that they sometimes will not be released due to lack of enough varied testers. And regarding the "risks"; most plugins are not deeply installed applications. I have 3 systems, and my main DAW is indeed a production DAW that I rely on and need to have working, and I have never had a slow-down due to things I was testing. Definitely ensure that you trust the dev before putting their files on your precious DAW, but after that, I can say that my DAW has only gone up in flames and exploded in a fiery blast a few times while testing....lol.
Jump in and help RJ make this thing happen for more people. By the way, I am doing this because I don't want to be too selfish; I am a Reaper user and already know how cool this is. I use my testers version already and could gloat and brag about how cool it is, but I wouldn't do that to you all..... oops, just did. Send RJ a PM with your email address and system specs, and let's see this happen.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks Richie !

Definitely appreciate the help and enthusiasm. Being that you and I are the only ones to experience working with the NVC-MP, I can understand :lol:

Now to push to get a sense of what 'other' DAWs are capable of. Once we have that, I would feel better releasing the DEMO with the best intentions. After ALL this work, I would like to include everyone that we can to successful test and interact with the NVC.

Meantime ... the website is in continuous change. Be sure to stop in and be amused as I attempt to build it. [at least check for spelling mistake ... cause there's no built in checker :o ].

Anyway ... we're eeking out some progress. The documentation is now in just a horrible state ... but there are pix :lol:

If it don't improve significantly, we may have to hold a 'Doc Writer's Contest' ... winner gets a prize ;)

Trying to keep some humor through all the craziness ... and I can't wait to just play with the 'toys' myself ! That's why I started this crazy adventure 8-)

Thanks Everyone!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 am

Update !

Sincere apologies for delay and lack of any news.

We've had a family health issue that has required full attention, and placed most everything to the back burner.

While dealing with this, we've also had additional beta testing on several DAW's outside of my Reaper test bench. Through this, I received mention of a issue, but no one else was able to duplicate. It may have been simply trying to enter data into the wrong configuration field. On questioning this, I had not heard back that there was any problem then.

I also had an opportunity to visit several local studios, and was able to see the NVC-MP with SONAR and Samplitude. Though they did NOT have NEBULA, I was able to identify a GUI 'size' problem. Seems that Reaper is one of the few DAW's that lets you vertically scroll a VST ... interesting.

Because of this, I then went back in and resized parts of the GUI components, and was able to tighten up the overall size. Mindful that I did not want to compromise the readability nor functionality in the process.

The change went out to my most trusted tester :P and confirmed that the resize was good, and that read/function look as the original .... YEAH ! :lol:

The Public release files should [I very much hope] be posted sometime this week. That is my intent, though my schedule is being determined by other factors.
This maybe considered a 'Pre-release' notice of sorts.

I will announce on the forum when files will be available on the http://www.upallnite.us website.

Thanks again for your patients and understanding!

Sincerely,
RJHollins [Up All Nite Studio]
Last edited by RJHollins on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby djomardiaz » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

thanks Rj and congratulations for the great work,im hoping to taste it ;)
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 pm

RJHollins wrote:Update !

Sincere apologies for delay and lack of any news.

We've had a family health issue that has required full attention, and placed most everything to the back burner.

While dealing with this, we've also had additional beta testing on several DAW's outside of my Reaper test bench. Through this, I received mention of a issue, but no one else was able to duplicate. It may have been simply trying to enter data into the wrong configuration field. On questioning this, I had not heard back that there was any problem then.

I also had an opportunity to visit several local studios, and was able to see the NVC-MP with SONAR and Samplitude. Though they did NOT have NEBULA, I was able to identify a GUI 'size' problem. Seems that Reaper is one of the few DAW's that lets you vertically scroll a VST ... interesting.

Because of this, I then went back in and resized parts of the GUI components, and was able to tighten up the overall size. Mindful that I did not want to compromise the readability nor functionality in the process.

The change went out to my most trusted tester :P and confirmed that the resize was good, and that read/function look as the original .... YEAH ! :lol:

The Public release files should [I very much hope] be posted sometime this week. That is my intent, though my schedule is being determined by other factors.
This maybe considered a 'Pre-release' notice of sorts.

I will announce on the forum when files will be available on the [url]upallnite.us[/url] website.

Thanks again for your patients and understanding!

Sincerely,
RJHollins [Up All Nite Studio]

Awesome news! By the way, your url for your website seems broken, you copied it strangely to your post.... Also, keep a positive mind with your family issues, I hope all is well RJ.
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries