Login

NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Postby richie43 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:11 pm

gurth wrote:This really looks and sounds amazing I think it will be great to open up a complete eq at once like I used to in the old days.

^^One of my favorite aspects about this. It may not be as relevant or important to younger engineers that are more familiar with all digital work, but then again, even they are more likely to be familiar with the hardware-based work-flow of many algo plugins.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mitch » Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 pm

This is sooooo awesome!!!!
If you know Nebula and how heavy it can be, a complete set of stereo Eq like the Mamooth does eat a substantial part of the computer's cpu. :shock:
It must be the most perfect way to have a look at the settings when used for bus eq or for mastering, where you want the somulation of the real hardware!!!! :D

I imagine that if you load Nebula instances on different tracks it won't ge link on one and only big Mamooth GUI?

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO, well done!!!
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 pm

cps418 wrote:He can get the "KUDOS and MONEY" from me right now, a few questions though, does this "nvc" save and recall all of the presets of each instance, and is this a per channel gui effect, (because thirteen instances of nebula on one track would sounds pretty up there.)

So far in my testing it indeed saves the settings. And yes, this is a per channel gui effect- just think of the controller (and the 13 Nebula presets attached to it under the hood) as a single EQ plugin. 13 instances is indeed huge for a single track, but remember, you can disable the unused instances right from the controller. The benefit though is having all 13 ready to use when you initiate it, then after you have adjusted parameters of a few, disable the rest and you have only the used instances eating up the CPU. After RJ figures out how to use this with other Nebula libraries, the usage will be redefined each time. But for now, as a giant all-in-one Massive-Passive "plugin", it loads the main 13 presets from the AITB library (which you do need to have installed already, by the way). I have been playing with this as the "meat" of a mastering chain, much like I would have used the actual hardware anyway. I have not been using this on individual tracks, but mainly because if I do I already know that I am only going to need 1 or 2 instances and will use the regular Nebula instances anyway. I don't know if RJ mentioned this yet, but as of now it is only working with nebula 32bit (unless he has worked that miracle and hasn't told me yet....), so you will need to have that configured as well.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Wed May 15, 2013 10:03 pm

13 instances is indeed huge for a single track, but remember, you can disable the unused instances right from the controller.

Aha, thanks, richie43, think I got the concept then. But when you say 13 instances. How is that possible? In Cubase 6.5.3. I can only load 6 insert effects. Is this very different in Reaper?

I don't know if RJ mentioned this yet, but as of now it is only working with nebula 32bit (unless he has worked that miracle and hasn't told me yet....), so you will need to have that configured as well.

Well, don't think that will be a problem. Nebula 32bit loads fine inside Cubase 6.5.3 64bit! But hopefully there will be a NVC for 64 bit too.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm

:o

iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Awesome work RJ! Very interested in this

richie43 wrote:Once you have it set up, you shouldn't need to manually load the 13 instances. I use Reaper, and I am able to set the controller up with the 13 instances and save it as a track-template or an FX chain, and recall it later. And yes, you can disable any unused instances right from the controller to save CPU. Like I said, this is a huge step forward for Nebula usage. Nothing can fully replicate the workflow of real hardware (or even a well designed algo plugin), but on the other hand, nothing can replicate the sound and value of Nebula. So this is the best-case scenario if you want to try a more streamlined work-flow from the "normal" Nebula work-flow.

Hi Richie - can it work this way on most DAWs?

And does it use Nebula Reverbs or Nebula-how does it handle the latency of 13 Nebulae? Does it take a while for the changes to update?

Its a big project using the Mammoth with its seperate + and - programs...hopefully down the line there may be a lighter A*I/S*L/N**e...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 pm

sweet
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cps418 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:48 pm

swan wrote
Aha, thanks, richie43, think I got the concept then. But when you say 13 instances. How is that possible? In Cubase 6.5.3. I can only load 6 insert effects. Is this very different in Reaper?
cps418
The one "N.V.C." that fits in one cubase insert), houses the thirteen instances. So you are looking at thirteen times six.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 am

SWAN wrote:Awesome work RJ! Very interested in this

Hi Richie - can it work this way on most DAWs?

And does it use Nebula Reverbs or Nebula-how does it handle the latency of 13 Nebulae? Does it take a while for the changes to update?

Its a big project using the Mammoth with its seperate + and - programs...hopefully down the line there may be a lighter A*I/S*L/N**e...

Good questions, all around. I only use Reaper, so all I know is that it works great with Reaper. RJ is making this on Reaper, and may not have other DAWs to work with. Maybe send him a PM or email if you want to help test/develop for other DAW's. Or just switch to Reaper....lol, it's about time everyone wake up and use Reaper anyway, jeez... (totally kidding, just having fun with ya).
Yes, there is considerable latency, more or less depending on how many of the 13 instances are enabled. People get so concerned with latency and Nebula, and I always tell them to not worry about it because Nebula is not ideal for low latency use anyway, so the latency introduced is really just a work-flow inconvenience, but if you are mixing and not tracking, it should not be an issue. I don't think that Acustica will ever lower the latency with nebula, nor do I really care if they spend any development time working on that.
Regarding other libraries.... I think that is what the long-range plan is anyway. Mammoth was a great starting point, and a great hardware unit to emulate this way, especially for some of us who have used a real one and have been lusting for one for years now. The coolest development would be to have a generic controller that we users can assign ANY library to. Or even better, assign different presets to from multiple libraries, in effect allowing us to "build" our own fantasy hardware emulations controlled from one GUI.... I have no idea if this is even possible, so don't start harassing RJ for this feature!!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 am

dagovitsj wrote:In Cubase 6.5.3. I can only load 6 insert effects.

lol, for real? Maybe I need to be more serious about my joke regarding how everyone needs to migrate to Reaper.... Reaper has zero fx restrictions, zero track-count restrictions, all tracks are whatever you want them to be (audio, midi, send, return, buss....), amazing built in bridging for fx (32 to 64, etc)...... Oh my......
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries