Login

NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 am

Hello fellow Nebulites !

I would like to announce the opening of my first website.

After many months of experiments and testing [and learning to program], I've been on a quest to develop a Virtual MIDI controller [VST plug-in], that allows for a single graphical interface as the core controller for a series of Nebula plug-ins.

In no particular release order ... the AITB MAMMOTH EQ became the initial candidate for release.

As we near completion of beta-testing, along with support documentation, etc. I would like to also present my first effort at a web site.

Currently ... it is in a very basic state as I needed to see how things work.

I've included a few pictures, and some loosely organized, scattered thoughts of text. But I do hope it provides some clue as to what I'm looking forward to release.

I hope I can quickly pull together something more professional from this initial 'draft' post.

Please bear with me as I learn :lol:

The address:
http://www.upallnite.us

Let the 'experiment' begin 8-)

Thank-you!
:D
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: NVC - the Nebula Virtual Controller Website is On Line

Postby elam » Wed May 15, 2013 1:37 pm

A labor of love!

Glad you make it happen RJ.Congrats.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:18 pm

looks great!

the screen shot resolution is so low and highly compressed i can't really see it... that would be an easy fix :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby adam73 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:24 pm

looks superb! :D
adam73
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm

It looks great RJ. Nice work! As one of the testers of this brave endeavor, I need to alert all of you nebuholics that this is very cool and very very "rad". It allows a user to change parameters quickly and in a more familiar way if you have used standard "algo" plugins or hardware, but with the huge benefit of THAT sound quality of Nebula. It has the GUI slickness perk of an Aqua plugin, workflow of a more traditional piece, and the sound (and CPU munching...) of our beloved Nebula. My only "complaint" (lol) is that it is so good looking and quick to use, I forget that there are 13 Nebula presets working in the background unless I bypass one or more. This is awesome stuff and hope that Acustica gives RJ some support (or at least kudos!) for this enormous effort and contribution.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:28 pm

He can get the "KUDOS and MONEY" from me right now, a few questions though, does this "nvc" save and recall all of the presets of each instance, and is this a per channel gui effect, (because thirteen instances of nebula on one track would sounds pretty up there.)
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Wed May 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Great! Looking forward to this.

My only "complaint" (lol) is that it is so good looking and quick to use, I forget that there are 13 Nebula presets working in the background unless I bypass one or more.

I have tried to grasp the concept, but I'm not sure if I have understood it correctly. Let's say you load 13 Nebula presets, tweak the track/instrument and only use 5 of the 13 presets/Nebula instances. Is the point that you can just deactivate those from inside NVC, and then save CPU resources? Or how does this work?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby gurth » Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 pm

This really looks and sounds amazing I think it will be great to open up a complete eq at once like I used to in the old days.

Great work
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mightymosaic » Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 pm

What an Awesome idea! I Can see amazing things happening with this. You have my support!
mightymosaic

Postby richie43 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:08 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Great! Looking forward to this.

My only "complaint" (lol) is that it is so good looking and quick to use, I forget that there are 13 Nebula presets working in the background unless I bypass one or more.

I have tried to grasp the concept, but I'm not sure if I have understood it correctly. Let's say you load 13 Nebula presets, tweak the track/instrument and only use 5 of the 13 presets/Nebula instances. Is the point that you can just deactivate those from inside NVC, and then save CPU resources? Or how does this work?

Hopefully RJ doesn't mind me answering, but I can answer a few questions....
Once you have it set up, you shouldn't need to manually load the 13 instances. I use Reaper, and I am able to set the controller up with the 13 instances and save it as a track-template or an FX chain, and recall it later. And yes, you can disable any unused instances right from the controller to save CPU. Like I said, this is a huge step forward for Nebula usage. Nothing can fully replicate the workflow of real hardware (or even a well designed algo plugin), but on the other hand, nothing can replicate the sound and value of Nebula. So this is the best-case scenario if you want to try a more streamlined work-flow from the "normal" Nebula work-flow.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries