Duh, I found the "Pro" series. I am actually smart, I promise..... :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Pro Sneak Preview

Postby Cupwise » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:08 am

congrats on the release! i know how tricky 'multi' programs can be to do (i don't have a ton of experience there but i've done a bit with it), especially when you have more than one adjustable parameter. here you have several, and some of them look like things you would have had to plan out quite a bit before you even began doing anything.
this looks to be a solid addition to nebula.
:)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 am

Great :)
The Pro editions are super flexible.
I tried them with various preamp simulators and the tones are amazing.

The nebula version sounds better than wave version.
Nebula one is more organic even in 1 Kernel & 1 dynamic.
Thank you for the 96KHz sampling.

I wish all older libraries instantly have upgraded to PRO version. :lol:
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:02 am

gLOW_x wrote:When you do the final release, post on "ultimate metal" forum too :D

Speak about your previous work too, again and again.
You need to spam the world with your work, especially Nebula one ;)
It totally kills everything in the cab sim world.

Thanks! :D

Planning on hitting the UM forum, probably GS, maybe a couple others this weekend if I have the time. Right now I'm completely spent, rough week this has been! :shock:

richie43 wrote:This looks great. Question; did the previous libraries get updated to use these new functions or is it just for the new libraries? Which cab libraries use these new features? Thanks.

The previous libraries will be updated over the course of the coming months. I've changed the way I capture a few things, added the Fat and Secret Stash options, and now have changed the layout of the programs, sample rate, etc, so I'm going to be alternating new releases and updates of previous ones as I'll, sadly, have to redo each one from scratch. I'm hoping to be finished and caught up by Q2 of next year. Right now just the new 412-GTR Bogner V31 has the new features, but in time they all will have the same exact feature set. As always, free updates for existing customers!

richie43 wrote:Duh, I found the "Pro" series. I am actually smart, I promise..... :mrgreen:

I believe you, glad you got it sorted out! :) Sorry, the store can be a bit confusing at times as I have a width of varying things in it and also am constantly adding new things and improving upon the old. Always trying to streamline navigation of the site, I debated separating the Pro libraries as a secondary category to the normal speaker cabinets, may still go that way, not sure quite yet though.

Thanks for the compliment in the previous post, btw! :)

Cupwise wrote:congrats on the release! i know how tricky 'multi' programs can be to do (i don't have a ton of experience there but i've done a bit with it), especially when you have more than one adjustable parameter. here you have several, and some of them look like things you would have had to plan out quite a bit before you even began doing anything.
this looks to be a solid addition to nebula.
:)

Thanks much! :) Yeah, these are a bear to do - 192 individual files to have to capture, sort through, organize, etc, it's quite an undertaking for each one, leaves me a bit dizzy at the end when I'm ready to start deconvolving! I will say though, I'm becoming addicted to these multi's... :ugeek:

vicnestE wrote:Great :)
The Pro editions are super flexible.
I tried them with various preamp simulators and the tones are amazing.

The nebula version sounds better than wave version.
Nebula one is more organic even in 1 Kernel & 1 dynamic.
Thank you for the 96KHz sampling.

I wish all older libraries instantly have upgraded to PRO version. :lol:

Stoked you're digging them! Nebula definitely is a sonic improvement over convolution reverb. Add all of the perks of the platform and you have, in my opinion, and absolutely incredible engine and interface for cabinet simulation.

In the end, 1 kernel and 1 dynamic sampling layer was what I found to be ideal in more recent extended testing, and when I find the time I do plan to address this in the FAQ as well.

You and me both wish the previous libraries were instantly Pro, haha! Getting there, regrettably, is definitely going to take a looooong time... :? :lol:
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby david1103 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:02 pm

this looks like a very exciting development!

if i am looking for a 80's thrash metal chugging palm mute sound, which is my best purchase?

also, you said a while ago there would be a full quality free preset given away? is that comming soon :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby hemd » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 am

I bought the three pro programs, i like them, feels like crawling in front of a 4x12 adjusting the microphones...
hemd
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ownhammer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:11 pm

david1103 wrote:if i am looking for a 80's thrash metal chugging palm mute sound, which is my best purchase?

I'd venture a guess you're aiming at something with more bite on top, so I'd look at the 412-GTR SLM V31, it has more of the Marshall thing to it. However, you can hear them all to compare at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/media/speakercabinets

412-GTR Mesa V31 is the most popular library on the site, and is also something I'd have a listen to when checking out the media page. If the SLM sounds a bit too scooped, that may be just the ticket. :)
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby vicnestE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Give me the 412-GTR MEsa V31 PRO57!!!!! :lol:

The pro libraries are way too useful for cabless guitarist.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm interested in pro series, whats the latency?
mertayy

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 am

mertayy wrote:I'm interested in pro series, whats the latency?

Just thought that I would throw in that as awesome as Nebula is, low latency is not it's strength. I have never heard of anyone, even with a "nuclear computer", using it in real-time for tracking. For cabs, I always track with something light and "good enough" to feel inspired, and then go back and apply a Nebula cab. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would be shocked to hear of anyone being able to run a Neb cab at low latency. But the cabs DO sound incredible, so buy them anyway! I did.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries