Login

Update- Smooth 609A Limiter now up!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: RELEASED- Smooth 609A BusComp+Limiter, Nebula - Cupwise

Postby richie43 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Tim, I'd say that you have established yet another level of high expectations with us Nebuholics with this compressor library. On one hand you say that it has issues and that you are fixing it. On the other hand you have quite a few people that love it as-is. I can't wait to hear it after it is "better"..... lol.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

yeah its really strange, but it's definitely there. it seems to be triggered by very specific types of sounds. i think maybe ones with certain harmonics or something... i don't know.

anyway the fix, i had it mostly figured out a couple of days ago but implementing it was a pain in the neck, and then i found something else i wanted to look into and that took up the past few days. i'm not going to say when the update will be out because something else could pop up (but i'm really really really hoping that i'm almost done with this and it will be out today).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 am

update-
the fix ended up being a bit more complex than i originally thought but i also got sidetracked looking into some other possible improvements that i wanted to include if possible, in the same update. good news is that i think the final update is coming together and should be out SOON. i feel like i've been saying this for a week but each time i thought i was right. this time i'm a lot more sure about it because i've done a lot of testing to make sure everything is ok. i still want to do a bit more though.. hopefully tomorrow it's out. maybe day after.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:31 am

Cupwise wrote:update-
the fix ended up being a bit more complex than i originally thought but i also got sidetracked looking into some other possible improvements that i wanted to include if possible, in the same update. good news is that i think the final update is coming together and should be out SOON. i feel like i've been saying this for a week but each time i thought i was right. this time i'm a lot more sure about it because i've done a lot of testing to make sure everything is ok. i still want to do a bit more though.. hopefully tomorrow it's out. maybe day after.

No rush! Very excited about the new update, really looking forward to it :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 17, 2013 3:46 am

ok! i finally got the update done! everyone who has already bought the set definitely needs to get it. the main thing is that it removes the modulation-like artifact that could happen in some cases, but i think it seems a bit 'smoother' overall now too. i also added a few things, including external sidechain programs and special 'SHQ-lite' programs that are designed to be used temporarily, for mixing/auditioning, for anyone who's CPU can handle them and who intends to use the full SHQ versions on rendering. the manual has been updated to reflect any and all changes and a few other things were added here and there also. i've sent out emails to all customers with links to the updated set (check your spam folder if you didn't get it, if it's not in there contact me!).

i've also updated the demo! anyone who has the demo and not the full set should definitely grab this updated one. it removes the mod artifact also, and adds 2 additional sets of programs. it adds it's own 'SHQ-lite' set so that you can get an idea about SHQ from the demo, and it also adds two other presets that allow for faster attacks that can catch the transients, if you really feel that you must squash everything that comes into your compressor. those presets give you a small taste of all of the various alternate setups you get in the main set. so grab it! here's a direct link to the updated demo.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Smooth 609A BusComp+Limiter, Cupwise FX -NEW UPDATE!!!

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 am

oh and i should also point out- if you are getting the updated demo and had the original one, delete the original n2p and n2v files for the demo before installing the new one.

if you are updating the full set, you don't have to worry about deleting anything, just copy the new files over the old ones.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks, Tim! Now, just gotta' find some time to try 'em out... :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Definity » Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

:evil: Times like this i wish my computer was working :cry:
Definity

Postby jeffbdavis » Mon May 20, 2013 2:45 am

Hey, Tim. Got a chance to play around with it on some guitars and drums today. It sounds great! Nice, smooth and thick - VERY good job!

Can't wait to delve in a little deeper with some more sources... congrats! :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby scooter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:30 am

Not sure what's going on, but when I have these demos in my P and V folders, Nebula crashes when I click to instantiate a preset.
-Scott
scooter

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries