Login

Update- Smooth 609A Limiter now up!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: RELEASED- Smooth 609A BusComp+Limiter, Nebula - Cupwise

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

richie43 wrote:
SWAN wrote:what sources are people using this on? I tried the demo but wasnt feeling it on the bus...

Lol. I love it on my master buss. In fact, I have reopened some projects that are "unfortunately" already completed and replaced the master buss "glue" comp with this, just to hear it. I love this one on the buss!

you might want to hold off on actually applying them on a master bus for a bit. i'm about to release an update... i made a 'booboo', which is kinda bad and i should have caught. i agree with everything you said in the qure tube eq thread about releasing something with some kind of major flaw and unfortunately i think it applies to me here. in my defense i think this is the first time i've released something with a flaw like this in it on release in over 2yrs. i also have to say i'm surprised that only one person (david1103 here at acustica) has pointed it out. on some material, an almost ring mod effect can occur. it seems like it happens on stuff like vocals for some reason. with stuff like drums it doesn't seem to happen at all. so the fact that nobody else has pointed it out i think means that it does only happen on certain types of material.

anyway the good news- i've just about got an update ready that fixes, and then hopefully will improve the set a little beyond that too. i'll apologize in advance to anyone who might get aggravated, or think they've ruined something by applying these to it already (if you didn't notice the mod effect when applying, your stuff should be ok but you might wanna check), but i'm a one man operation and this time i didn't have beta testers. the stuff already takes so much time and sometimes the reward barely or doesn't even come close to justifying that time, and i feel that my prices are pretty cheap. of course i could always put more and more time into making sure everything is perfect on release, but at some point there is a time where you have to release it if it seems right. i missed the issue. sorry.

on the brighter side, i think the updated version will sound maybe a little better in general because i've done a FEW things. and i'm going to update the demo too so anyone who has already grabbed that and hasn't bought the set should be sure to grab it as well, when i release it. and i think i still have a good track record even including this mishap, which hopefully remains the worst bug i've ever had in something on release.

i want to say that i hope i'll have that out by today...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Fri May 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for being forthcoming, Tim. Doesn't really bother me because you always seem to be improving these libs anyway. Just means it'll be that much better when I buy it tonight! :)
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby SWAN » Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 pm

no worries tim!
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm

i just noticed that i should probably point out that when i said 'the reward barely and sometimes doesn't justify the time', i was strictly talking about the money i get out of it. i do enjoy making this stuff so money isn't the only reason/reward.. ;)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sat May 11, 2013 5:22 am

well, some 'life' things got in the way of me finishing the update today, and it turns out that i have to rebuild the entire set of programs (so all of those hundreds of additional versions) from the ground up, instead of just being able to patch them, which makes the whole thing extra time consuming and tedious. it should DEFINITELY be out tomorrow.

i think from what i'm hearing, the set is actually more smooth sounding now :)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 am

Just bought, Tim. I'll wait until you send out links to the updates before I download anything. Can't wait to play with this... :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:55 am

Did I get lucky or are my ears getting old...? Ha ha. I didn't hear any of the issues that Tim says is plaguing this release. I have it on instrument busses, master busses, I've tried it on many sources. Even after reading about the problems, I've gone back on the mixes that I am using this on and still don't hear any problems. I trust Tim's ears and will gladly wait for the new release, no matter what it will be an improvement because he says so. But it's so weird, I am not hearing any problems in any of the places I am using it. Time to have my ears checked, I guess...lol. Thanks for being so dedicated Tim.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 am

Will the fix make the sound thicker and denser??
I was surprised that the presence of the official release is higher than my first impression on the free demo. (Might be wrong since I tried them on different sources)
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ludrog » Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

This thing is astonishing! I tried it on the master bus and didn't hear any problems.The guitars and drums sounded great, i was really suprised.The only thing i was not so sure about is the bass guitar,but overall i'd say this is my new favorite release.Great work Tim! 8-)
ludrog
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cps418 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 am

same here, this is the ultimate. (AS IS)
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries