Login

Update- Smooth 609A Limiter now up!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Smooth 609A BusComp+Limiter, Nebula - Cupwise FX

Postby dagovitsj » Thu May 02, 2013 1:25 am

@ virus alert.

Unfortunately, I can also confirm that there is something suspicious about your web page right now, see attached virus warning from my Avira anti virus program:
http://screencast.com/t/Lo9iu7fCHeZ

I'm not an expert, but I have read lately that it is more and more common to place dangerous code on quite ordinary web pages. Hope you can sort this out.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 am

ok, well it's weird that all those other scanners missed it but that screenshot looks fairly specific, so just to be safe i'm going to go ahead and shut down the site and try to figure out what may be going on, contact my host etc. this release will be postponed until i'm confident there is no threat.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 am

Cupwise wrote:
DrHiQ wrote:My Antivirus reports a trojan on your website!

haha

drats, my plans for world domination have been foiled once again..

heh, well, for whatever it's worth at this point, i kind of thought you (DrHiQ) were joking for some reason. i guess since you didn't tell me which antivirus you used or give any details, and since all the scans i ran came up empty handed. it's dumb i know but if i thought you were being serious i wouldn't have replied the way i did.

and i viewed timp's bringing it up as a bit 'funny' considering the nature of his first post in here. i wasn't aware but there have been a lot of attacks on wordpress sites lately, and its funny but my host has apparently been ranked #1 by some Australian org, at preventing this. hopefully timp's mentioning that the site worked for him before then quit working, means it's only been there since today.

my host is scanning everything at my site and say they will provide me with a list of any trouble files to delete, gave me some additional steps and say that due to the nature of the recent attacks it should be safe after that. you guys can make out of all this whatever you see fit. the site should be back up within a day and i'll have them rescan first to be sure, after i've removed anything they've flagged, and i'll be thinking about how/if i should proceed with smooth 609a in the meantime...

edit- i have an archive of my site on my disk here and the avira scan turned nothing up in it. i grabbed that archive within the past few weeks so it has to be more recent than that.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 am

There are many false positives in virus detection due to the way Heuristic analysis works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis

If your service provider will scan your site and sort it then fantastic :)

My recommendation for wordpress is:

EASY
----
- Install XCloner and make regular backups:

http://www.xcloner.com/

Now you can revert to old version if there is any problem very quickly

- change default username from 'admin' (hackers can guess this in an instant)

- use minimum 14 bit random character style password (keypass can generate these)

http://keepass.info/

If you browse with Firefox, install NOSCRIPT!!

http://noscript.net/

This is the best way to stop *your* computer getting anything nasty which could theoretically then get into your site.

ADVANCED
--------

You will need someone to help you with this if you are not an expert as you need some understanding of how servers work (.htaccess files), but my research tells me to install the free BulletProof Security Plugin

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bul ... -security/

This will stop a great many types of attack at the root level of the server, it will also scan your setup and check if your file permissions are correct

hey... don't worry, script kiddies are morons, anonymous will not come and attack a nebula developer! ;)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 pm

those look like some good tips david, i'll definitely be looking into them. i had at least managed to create my own username, heh.
noscript, xcloner and bulletproof look worth cheking out. thanks! :D
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby sneaky » Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 am

good luck with the cleanup. i want that comp
sneaky

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 03, 2013 11:40 am

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooK

i've had my host scan the site, i scanned it myself, found a few flagged files, deleted those, then went through and reverted large chunks of my site to the older version i had, made sure all my wp plugs were updated along with wp itself, etc etc etc rescanned, everything came up clean.

and added some additional security measures.

site's back up. now i'm back to working on the comp.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Fri May 03, 2013 12:51 pm

That comp is sounding nice Tim good work!! can't wait for the full release
Definity

Postby cps418 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 am

so what happened to the "9000 master bus"
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Cupwise » Sun May 05, 2013 2:33 am

cps418 wrote:so what happened to the "9000 master bus"
haven't had access to that. i may have access to a c2 though...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries