Login

TNT dynamics Limiter,Expander and Gate!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: TNT dynamics Limiter,Expander and Gate!

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:46 am

I've just had opportunity to demo the SoftTube Dynamite compressor.

Interesting control ... but I'm not hearing any sonic vibe that is even close to the actual hardware.

Downloading Tim's DEMO preset for comparison.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:17 pm

... and He's back.

Well ... As I loaded up the DEMO, I then see that I had already had the TNT library :shock: :roll:

Happily, I was now able to direct compare with the SoftTube Dynamite release.

Within a moment ... there is NO comparison. It is not even close. The SoftTube sounds punny/small and congested. The TNT is ALIVE :mrgreen:

My use. Mastering [could be used in mixing]

I am sending a parallel trk feed to the TNT [PEAK], with about 6db reduction, then feeding into the PURPLE-P1 with a Boost/ATTN [100hz] and slight 10K bump]. I brought this up under the main master trk at about -18db level.

This little trick enhanced the bottom end structure with a controlled fullness [one way to describe].

This delivered a very natural extension and support to the entire mix. Something that EQ or compression was not able to do alone.

It sounded, 'just OK' and worked with the SoftTube ... but when I A/B switched with the TNT ... the depth, musicality returned. [even at -18 below the main trk].

From there, the [now] 2 tracks are bussed to the master comp/limiter channel to control the sum.

So there you have it folks. I heard so much praise for the SoftTube products, but NEBULA and this TNT library just blew them away.

back to work :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:58 pm

RJHollins wrote:...
My use. Mastering [could be used in mixing]

I am sending a parallel trk feed to the TNT [PEAK], with about 6db reduction, then feeding into the PURPLE-P1 with a Boost/ATTN [100hz] and slight 10K bump]. I brought this up under the main master trk at about -18db level.

This little trick enhanced the bottom end structure with a controlled fullness [one way to describe].

Thanks RJ interesting trick - will try that my self! :)
kylen

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Sure !

Keep in mind, my Frequency settings are not locked in stone. Mine were for a specific 2-trk mix.

This technique can also be used on individual trks [like Kick].

Slide the 'parallel' track underneath the source trk.

Post back with your observations/comments.
8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries