Expert

Re: TNT dynamics released!!!

Postby Melon_Jack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 am

Yeeaaahhh!))) Valley people?)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby dpclarkson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 am

What?? This library does gating and expanding?
How?
dpclarkson

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

dpclarkson wrote:What?? This library does gating and expanding?
How?

Yep!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby dejhantulip » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Can anyone comment on the deesser? I hate those ssss sounds!

ORLANDO
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Please look at the manual on the website for info on the desser. It will not work like the hardware desser. But it's great fun , it works with the overall dynamic of the material. So for example on snare it will getter darker but high hat bleed will remain the same.

As our ears tend to want to hear brightness at lower levels for clarity this can be a useful tool. So up front sounds will sound darker and background sounds will be brighter . It can create dimension on single mic'd sources.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm

richie43 wrote:Thanks Tim.

Hey richie , I checked out nebula reverb and it does seem to work better than I remember!

This library still seems more accurate with Nebula.dll and not sure of the stability of reverb version.

Also to everyone please note that if you change parameters in master page when one of my presets are loaded. You will alter the preset values.

So edit and save master page when nothing is loaded.
Then reload nebula and load a preset.
Also I recommend lower buffer settings between 128 512 as crazy things start to happen at high buffer!

Nebula meters are off. This library will go -40 gain reduction but does not show on the meter!!!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Nice work Tim. I hope that many people get this. In the same spirit that Cupwise and Gemini have started, this compressor library is very robust and even "revolutionary" for Nebula compression. I am still getting to know the different uses and sounds, but I am loving everything I hear so far!
For info's sake....
I remade instances using the Nebula Setups app (Zabukowski) out of both the regular Nebula dll and the Nebula Reverb dll. As I said before, they sound a little different from one another, but neither is "better" to me, just different. But regarding meters; they may not be accurate, you say, but the limiter presets show no activity at all on the gain reduction meter, even when I have it maxed out and the audio is so clamped that there is little to no sound. I am fine with this since I rely on my ears and hardly ever look at meters (even with hardware), but I wanted you to know.
Again, really nice stuff. The expander is amazing, worth the price for that preset alone, in my opinion. So the rest is like an awesome bonus!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks Richie, yes I want to get the meters to work better , if I can of course a update will be available to customers.

You can measure the gain reduction on peak preset by not using the make gain and looking at daw meters with the nebula instance turned on then off. You'll see that -40 is possible and I've compared all settings to the hardware. The threshold control is very close to the hardwares in its reduction!

The expander and gate was a bit of a challenge!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 pm

I haven't tried the gate too much, other than to see if you actually got a gate to work at all with nebula....(You did!!). The de-esser is, as you admitted, very cool even if it is not an accurate de-esser as we may be used to. I tried it on a test master, sort of like an addition eq instance. It definitely has potential for slightly tempering highs in sharp transients while leaving the quieter highs alone. But I am really loving the expander, that is awesome.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries