Login

TNT dynamics Limiter,Expander and Gate!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

TNT dynamics Limiter,Expander and Gate!

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am

The character of this unit is fast and aggressive.
No slip through attack!
Up to -40 gain reduction!
All sample rates individually sampled no conversion!
Avg and peak modes individually sampled!
smooth analog high end!
Expander and gate range controls sampled!
Low artifacts due to a program rate timed tweak! (each sample rate individualy tweaked)

44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k sample rates versions of the following presets:
• Limiter (LIM in menu) features High Pass up to 1000hz avg and peak
• Expander (EXP in menu) features High Pass up to 1000hz avg and peak
• Gate (GTE in Menu) features High Pass up to 1000hz
• De-esser (DS in Menu) features High Pass up to 5000hz avg and peak

Please visit

Timpetherick.co.uk for demo , audio examples and purchase

Important
Use Nebula regular.Before loading any of the presets in nebula regular please look at your master page and make sure prog rate is set to 2.0 offset to 1.5 and ahead to 1.0 ,click save ,reload nebula and then load a preset. You now should be all set for mega gain reduction! Use your ears not the gain reduction meter.
If you have problems with saving ahead times on the master page look here -

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26084&p=57069#p57069

Tim
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: TNT dynamics released!!!

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 am

Very exciting news Tim!! I've been stalking your website for this..... very cool.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:18 am

I am curious as to why we want to sue the regular nebula as opposed to the Nebula Reverb. The only thing that differentiates them are the settings in the xml. So what settings does your library need that are not in the default nebula reverb? I ask because many people already have "tweaked" Nebula's, so are these people likely to experience issues that would not be present in a default set-up? I am excited to try this library out, I am already downloading! I didn't try the demo, in fact. I tend to be unwise with my pennies and just trust the devs that have already made good presets (I still love the eq that you released!).
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 am

At this time the ahead only works properly with nebula regular. Please let me know if you have positive results with the reverb version.

With nebula regular , no need for fast program rate mods as the ahead works really well.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:16 am

So far I have just played around with the expander preset, on a buss group made up of 6 very sharply plucked harmonics on clean electric guitars, and it sounds awesome! Thanks for the answer, too. I'll make a few different instances using the Nebula Set-ups app and let you know how it goes.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 am

richie43 wrote:So far I have just played around with the expander preset, on a buss group made up of 6 very sharply plucked harmonics on clean electric guitars, and it sounds awesome! Thanks for the answer, too. I'll make a few different instances using the Nebula Set-ups app and let you know how it goes.

Ok,

Just to let you know that the library was tweaked for a non modded version and it worked best this way , I went through 100's of hours a/b with the hardware plus you'll save a ton of cpu sticking to these settings compared to fast program rate mods.

Anyway I'm glad the expander is working out for you, using the side chain on expanders is a lot of fun!

3d gating and expanding at last!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 am

Ok..... I made another instance using the Nebula Reverb dll this time. I thought that the behavior was pretty much the same, but the sound was a little different for each somehow. Neither was really better, just different. Maybe the nebula reverb one seemed a tiny bit "dirtier", but maybe I am trying to hard to hear differences. Another thing; you had mentioned needing to raise the ahead parameter to at least 1ms in the mast page, but my regular Nebula dll was already set at 1.4ms. The nebula reverb had the ahead at 0, but I raised it to 1.4 for this instance. So I am still not understanding what is so different between the 2 nebula dll's......
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 am

richie43 wrote:Ok..... I made another instance using the Nebula Reverb dll this time. I thought that the behavior was pretty much the same, but the sound was a little different for each somehow. Neither was really better, just different. Maybe the nebula reverb one seemed a tiny bit "dirtier", but maybe I am trying to hard to hear differences. Another thing; you had mentioned needing to raise the ahead parameter to at least 1ms in the mast page, but my regular Nebula dll was already set at 1.4ms. The nebula reverb had the ahead at 0, but I raised it to 1.4 for this instance. So I am still not understanding what is so different between the 2 nebula dll's......

Ok ,

Well that's good, I still want to recommend nebula regular for now because of strange results on the limiter.

Thanks

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 am

I believe you, you just said to let you know if I tried, and I tried, so i let you know... ha ha.
About the modded vs un-modded:
Do you think that you could upload just the xml from your un-modded regular Nebula? I realize that most of the people who modded their Nebula's at all most likely didn't mess with the regular dll, but just in case they did, maybe a fresh copy of it would be a smart way to make sure that we all are loading the presets that you intended for us. We would have to edit the xml, of course, to match our system (repository location, for one), but it may be easier than reinstalling to obtain a "fresh" xml. Just a thought.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 am

Settings are as follows,

Nebula.dll
Program rate 2.0
Offset 1.5
Ahead 1.0

Nothing has changed but the ahead. Do not change the ahead while one of my presets is loaded otherwise it will change the program rate inside the preset.
:D
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries