Login

Compressor technology status?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Compressor technology status?

Postby Gemini Audio » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 am

jeffbdavis wrote:
musicgreator wrote:KultComp and G76 were sampled and programmed in a way which allow ultra fast compression while still reproducing all the little nuances and characteristics of the original hardware. You'll have to load them with a deticated nebula version which is basically a tweaked copy of nebula which is explained in the manual in detail.

Is this possible on the Mac version of Nebula? If not, how can I get the most out of these libraries?

I heard you can't copy the Audio Units. So if you are using Audio Units, you could modify the "Nebula 3.xml", since you might not use Nebula 3 otherwise and backup the old Nebula3.xml. Also, you could wrap the VST using FXPansion's wrapper or the free VST to AU wrapper and then create a copy and rename it. The VST, wrapped by FXPansion wrapper, works even better than the native AU.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jeffbdavis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:
jeffbdavis wrote:
musicgreator wrote:KultComp and G76 were sampled and programmed in a way which allow ultra fast compression while still reproducing all the little nuances and characteristics of the original hardware. You'll have to load them with a deticated nebula version which is basically a tweaked copy of nebula which is explained in the manual in detail.

Is this possible on the Mac version of Nebula? If not, how can I get the most out of these libraries?

I heard you can't copy the Audio Units. So if you are using Audio Units, you could modify the "Nebula 3.xml", since you might not use Nebula 3 otherwise and backup the old Nebula3.xml. Also, you could wrap the VST using FXPansion's wrapper or the free VST to AU wrapper and then create a copy and rename it. The VST, wrapped by FXPansion wrapper, works even better than the native AU.

I use the VST version much more than the AU. So, does that mean there's a way to copy the VSTs and make customized instances of Nebula for libraries like this on a mac? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I know it can be done on the Win version but I'd really like to be able to do it. Any Mac users care to chime in?

Interested to hear more about the wrappers too... thx! :D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Gemini Audio » Wed May 01, 2013 10:06 am

Yes it works. But you have to change one number in the <MAGIC> within the copied xml. For example before "s20c" after "s21c". And then you can wrap it if you need it as an Audio Unit.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jeffbdavis » Wed May 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Cool, thanks! I need to find out how to do this. A little scary since I've never edited anything Nebula-wise before. Don't want to botch anything up... :lol:
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Gemini Audio » Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 am

Don't worry, just backup these files before you change them.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries