Login

Compressor technology status?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Compressor technology status?

Postby scopus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

hey its been a while since looked into nebula compression and remember they weren't very good at actual compression with fast stuff, but more for the color. Has the tech evolved to compress as good as hardware yet, if yes which compressors have it? thanks
scopus
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Compressor technology status?

Postby Owen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 pm

In general, out of all of the compressors available now, you might like to check out the ones from Cupwise and see if they do what you want.

Not quite sure what you are looking for specifically given your posting. Are you looking for that "instant pumping/super fast slaming" kind of characteristic that some hardware units have?

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cehas » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Well, from what I've understood, it's about the limitations of the tech itself, so it can't be "fixed" or "evolve" (unfortunately).

Correct me if I'm wrong..
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby musicgreator » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:35 pm

KultComp and G76 were sampled and programmed in a way which allow ultra fast compression while still reproducing all the little nuances and characteristics of the original hardware. You'll have to load them with a deticated nebula version which is basically a tweaked copy of nebula which is explained in the manual in detail.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:14 pm

TNT dynamics will be released today. Will not need a modded version of nebula and reacts like the hardware. A announcement will be made later today.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby scopus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 pm

great news tim, cant wait to try it out! and just checked ones recommended like cupwise and yup sounds like were there :)
scopus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Its funny because nothing has changed.I guess just exprimenting to get better results.....

Cupwise's release's are great!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

musicgreator wrote:KultComp and G76 were sampled and programmed in a way which allow ultra fast compression while still reproducing all the little nuances and characteristics of the original hardware. You'll have to load them with a deticated nebula version which is basically a tweaked copy of nebula which is explained in the manual in detail.

Is this possible on the Mac version of Nebula? If not, how can I get the most out of these libraries?
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby botus99 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 am

jeffbdavis wrote:Is this possible on the Mac version of Nebula? If not, how can I get the most out of these libraries?

I don't own a Mac, but I can say with confidence that it is possible. Basically, you make a second version of Nebula by copy/paste and change a setting in the XML if memory serves me correctly
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 am

I thought that on macintosh anything is possible.. and easier.. and.. no.. not cheaper. :lol:

Yeah, compressors moved forward a lot since Cupwises` historical Rayphlex. And there are new libraries coming every month. I just checked Tim Pethericks` TNT and it is a great compressor that allows very aggresive compression and few extras (first gate program in nebula!!). So, yeah, it's moving forward as we speak.. (unlike macs.. sorry, couldn't resist :D)
lipa

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries