Login

Consoles Wanted!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Consoles Wanted!

Postby spigon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am

Hello, everyone, I am just wondering if any 3rd party developer plan on sampling the T*****t A-range or Helios consoles? These are the last two consoles I am really looking forward to having nebulized. I understand that cdsoundmaster has a release that emulate the T*****t 80b, but I much prefer the A-range over the 80b from real life experience.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Consoles Wanted!

Postby lipa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 am

Henry has just released version 2 of his Helios preamp library. He has the eq sampled as well.. This gets You about 85% there.. ;)
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am

Just to clarify,
The Titan version 2 preamp is only the preamp section and not the whole module. I will release the strip soon - from preamp through EQ/line in ( with curves added for different instruments in various packs) through to the output.
Also coming will be the filters,the strip only etc. I wish to cover this beast pretty well.
Of course you can get the first version now which is good as is but sampled at 96 khz. The version 2 will be sampled at 192 khz. I have an example of the wonderful distortion the Helios brings in my thread.

Now if you would like to get a better feel of the Helios sound, buy an album called 'White Mansions' on Amazon, perhaps second hand and you will get perhaps one of the best examples of the Olympic studios sound. Comes as a double pack with 'Jesse James'. I have found the Helios to be my favourite preamp with the mics in my studio. Airy, clear and simply more present than my others. GML, A*I, E*I, Prismsound. It makes all my mics sound better in a pleasing way, and trust me, I was shocked at how much I preferred it on most of my mics. Yes coloured but simply gorgeous.
As far as mixing all your tracks goes it may not be to your taste as it definitely gives a vintage vibe. Pleasing all the same, but warm, airy and woody.

Another example of the Helios sound and you can download it with the name your price option - even free I believe. Recorded to tape

http://sharelle.bandcamp.com/album/angels-at-the-waterfront
Recorded by Henry Hirsch who is sadly selling that Helios console as far as I know.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby spigon » Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 am

That is fantastic news Henry I can always except quality product from you, you do not know how long I have been waiting for a release which contain the whole module. You rock Henry. Much props! Sorry it took so long to reply hospital hours are hectic.

Btw will this all be based on the lustraphone version?
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

Yes - Lustraphone - the original Titan was also Lustraphone but four channels - this is only one but to my ears it is better than the original pack - had it serviced by a Helios guru :D .
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby spigon » Sat May 04, 2013 11:54 pm

I am glad to hear it sounds better then the original. I've worked on 3 of them before and saw another used by a college of mine. Honestly it seems like every Helios sound different from one another and some sound downright bad. The only two Helios desk worth their while imho is the one in the old Olympic B and the other is in the Rolling Stones Mobile Unit.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Return to 3rd party libraries