Login

Next libraries - har choice..

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Next libraries - har choice..

Postby Melon_Jack » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Can't decide: AlexB MWT (really liked it in Tutorial Video), AlexB Fenix (searching for smooth vocal comp), AlexB 4KD or Snap (very happy with Glue, but want more "live" Bus Comp), AlexB CLC Console (very subtle, and i didn't see much difference right now while using demo, prefer not to use them).
Maybe your options? Which libraries most useful for you and what u can advise?
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Re: Next libraries - har choice..

Postby Melon_Jack » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 pm

OK, MWT and Fenix in my box. Fenix is BRILLIANT!) MWT - good, but not always. I think, tha i'll use Fenix much than MWT..
I guess i need opinions about consoles. Which is not so subtle and gives more color and punchness..
Melon_Jack

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Melon_Jack wrote:OK, MWT and Fenix in my box. Fenix is BRILLIANT!) MWT - good, but not always. I think, tha i'll use Fenix much than MWT..
I guess i need opinions about consoles. Which is not so subtle and gives more color and punchness..

Lots of colors

I'd say the Tried-N-True (T*****t) fits that description as well as any.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 pm

If I may suggest something.. with the price of one console library You could have 3 or 4 different channel strips and 1 or 2 master bus flavours from Henry Olonga. His preamp/channel samplings are among the best in my opinion, You get presets in 3 sample rates (mostly) and prices are favourable..

Most punchy sounds would come out of: amek, S*L xlogic, A*I hardware so seek for those sampled (Henry has all three). Also Klaritiser mojo, and some compressor mojos help achieve punchyness.
Out of other devs - for punch go with Tapebooster (the high presets, even without tapes), Cupwise Slick 9k compressor (!!!)
Hope some of this helps.. personally I never use consoles normally these days. I only take masterbus programs from consoles and almost never use preamps of the same console for individual channels. I like to use different colors and preamps for different channels. Happy shopping! :P
lipa

Postby davidgary73 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am

I agree with lipa. Henry's libraries are really good and i use it frequently.

Here's a thread discussion on consoles @

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=278&hilit=Consoles

I favor MBC for it's sweet top end and good low's while my 2nd choice would be MWC for it's thickness (just like MWD has that nice thickness too).

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:14 am

My favorite console presets are the CDSM T*****t, if I had to pick just one. I like ALL of the consoles from ALL of the devs, actually. But as I hone in on my own sound, and as I get closer to making decisions about "gear" like I did when doing actual analog audio, the T*****t always seems the most versatile for so many different things. But the nice thing about Nebula is that you can outfit your studio with multiple virtual consoles, or hybrid combinations as lipa is saying. My recent personal choice though has been to slowly whittle down the choices, even for the simple reason of "less is more" and I get more work done if I have slightly fewer choices!! lol
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Melon_Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 am

Slick 9k (how i can hear in demos) not so punchy. It's smooth and eating lows. (on vocos, at least) I have Fenix for this stuff and it's doing it well (even lows are pretty fine). About T*****t - i'll try it indeed, if it has demo.
What about CLC and VBC? Is CLC is really punchy? In demos from here and gearslutz i didn't here that.
I'm looking now at R2R tape collection, Aphex Bundle (very positive reviews) and non-nebula FG-X Processor (demo has blown me away).
Melon_Jack

Postby lipa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

on vocals the slick comp might be smoother than others..I didn't try to compress vocals that way recently.. but I find it very solid and punchy on drum tracks, guitars, busses etc.. it works sooo much better than pre-rayphlex compressors.. ;)
lipa

Postby Melon_Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm

I find that Fenix from AlexB workin perfect especially on vocals) Rayphlex - not like. Sounds like cheap comp, that i use.. Like Drawmer comp that i have.
If Slick was not eating lows - maybe. But for now - nope.
Melon_Jack

Return to 3rd party libraries